Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite Friday the 13th Movie?

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Whats your favorite friday the 13th movie?

Friday the 13th (1980)

Friday the 13th Part 2

Friday the 13th Part III

Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter

Friday the 13th: A New Beginning

Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives

Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood

Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan

Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday

Jason X

Freddy vs. Jason

Friday the 13th (2009)

View results

Favorite Friday the 13th Movie? Empty Re: Favorite Friday the 13th Movie?

Post by Jason Voorhees May 11th 2024, 5:15 am

ZroSkeerd wrote:While I don't think we ever got a better Jason than we did in The New Blood, my personal favorite is Jason Lives.

I might be biased because it's the horror movie I ever saw and I was very young, but I think it still holds up. The filmmakers and C.J. Graham did a great job at giving Jason some personality and inserting some humor where the series had really been lacking it before in my opinion.

My personal favorite bits are after Jason stabs Lizbeth with the fence rod, the camera focuses on the American Express card floating in the puddle as if to say, "Don't leave home without it," and then when Roy shoots Jason with a paintball gun and Jason just stops in his tracks and looks down at his chest like he can't believe someone just shot him with a paintball.

All the films have their high points. even the remake (which I'm not a fan of) has a couple of moments for me, but Jason Lives is the most consistent, I think, and I always have a good time when I watch it.

Hell yeah! Personally I watched Part 7 1st and ofc like most it's my favorite but Part 6 is also my favorite seeing them both as a kid (I'm in my late 20s now) I can't ever forget those moments/memories at all!

Kane Hodder and C.J. Grahams overall performance are S+ Tier to me! I love the OGs OGs like Steve, Richard, and Ted ofc but Kane and C.J. was simply on another level.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by mnknut30 May 12th 2024, 11:02 pm

I appreciate all of them at this point even the bad ones have their charm. When i first viewed some of the ones I didnt like they eventually grew on me.

BUT to be the ultimate friday the 13th movie is A Final Chapter. Brutal, Violent, Dark, total 80s slasher, Jason is actually scary. Great characters. I love jasons look and how he runs at times. Hes pissed the fuck off.

than my second favorite would be Jason Goes To Hell. What a left turn... I love KNB EFX gore in this movie. I appreciate their artform so much. Weird plot, but entertaining. incredibly violent, GORE, a great beginner with a brutal diner massacre that even without the "mask" form jason and the possessed jason. Jason is still insanely violent in this movie. IF you are able to ignore the non mask possessed guys. I understand thats a hard pill to swallow but I was able to look at it from a different perspective which the movie was hoping some people could do. I like it. I understand the hate.. But to me its nowhere the worst movie in the franchise. That goes to Freddy Vs Jason.

Third favorite: Jason Lives. The first friday the movie I ever saw. Loved everything about it. The 007 intro to nicki getting her face smashed into the side of the winnebago. Sheriff Garris is hilarious. Tommy rules.
mnknut30
mnknut30
Hiker
Hiker

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees May 13th 2024, 5:01 am

mnknut30 wrote:I appreciate all of them at this point even the bad ones have their charm.    When i first viewed some of the ones I didnt like they eventually grew on me.

BUT to be the ultimate friday the 13th movie is A Final Chapter.  Brutal, Violent, Dark, total 80s slasher, Jason is actually scary. Great characters.  I love jasons look and how he runs at times. Hes pissed the fuck off.

than my second favorite would be Jason Goes To Hell.  What a left turn...   I love KNB EFX gore in this movie. I appreciate their artform so much. Weird plot, but entertaining. incredibly violent, GORE, a great beginner with a brutal diner massacre that even without the "mask" form jason and the possessed jason. Jason is still insanely violent in this movie. IF you are able to ignore the non mask possessed guys.  I understand thats a hard pill to swallow but I was able to look at it from a different perspective which the movie was hoping some people could do.   I like it.  I understand the hate.. But to me its nowhere the worst movie in the franchise.  That goes to Freddy Vs Jason.  

Third favorite:  Jason Lives.  The first friday the movie I ever saw.  Loved everything about it.  The 007 intro to nicki getting her face smashed into the side of the winnebago.  Sheriff Garris is hilarious.  Tommy rules.

Very understandable!

The New Blood

Jason Lives

The Final Chapter

Part 3

Part 2

These are my Top 5 each one had its own perspective with Jason due to each different Jason!

If ONLY the MPAA didn't butcher Part 7 we would have been given a GOREFEST!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum