Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jason Universe

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Jason Universe  Empty Re: Jason Universe

Post by ThePunisher May 24th 2024, 5:39 pm

StarFoxandDoomFan64 wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:
StarFoxandDoomFan64 wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:We got out 1st state of having Jason Voorhees added to a Game with Multiversus!
And i hope Jason gets added to Modern Warfare 2 for this years annual The Haunting which is a halloween event, which did leatherface, Ghostface, and Doom with the Super Shotgun and Chainsaw, oh and Ash from Evil Dead.

yeah and i hope Freddy Krueger shows up to Multiversus so we can let Freddy and Jason fight just like Freddy vs Jason.

And as for other games, Jason should show up in Fortnite for halloween, DBD, and other games.

DBD would ruin Jason and you mean Modern Warfare 3? Lol and the Jason Universe official Twitter follows COD so he's definitely coming.
And what about Universal Studios' Halloween Horror Nights? we haven't gotten any Friday the 13th and Jason related things since 2017 with Chucky hosting it.

and i'd hope for more merch at Spirit halloween, and have a new life sized prop similar to the 2018 Michael Myers prop and the recent Ghostface prop.

How about a Jason animatronic?
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

Jason Universe  Empty jason universe is going to do more damage than good

Post by mnknut30 May 24th 2024, 7:30 pm

GO to Larry Zerners Twitter page.

https://x.com/Zernerlaw

For those that don't know Larry played shelly in Friday the 13th part 3 and is a entertainment lawyer.
Basically there are too many cooks in the kitchen where rights are concerned. No one wants to work deals out and everyone is looking for the biggest payout here.

Victor Miller and Horror Inc made an agreement to do Jason Universe. Milking jason out thru memorabilia/action fictures, cartoons, Video games. But movies are off limits because they have to take a paycut and pay in to the studios to use the rights for a movie. Since no one wants to do that. Movies are most likely over. Now games and all that..are great if you are a gamer... but this jason universe is ONLY going to be about a major cash-grab and run.

Fuck victor miller and fuck sean cunningham for ruining this franchise with their greed. Then add Paramount/New line into this. Yes paramount sold the rights off to new line but they still kept somethings that forbidden other companies using without getting a cut. This is all greed, Money and not about the fans AT ALL.

Don't be fooled about this. This is NOT about or for the fans. I dont know about you guys but I'd prefer a movie. Its been 15 years and they still cant come to agreements. Such a slap in the face for the old school fans.

mnknut30
mnknut30
Hiker
Hiker

ThePunisher likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher May 25th 2024, 9:20 am

mnknut30 wrote:GO to Larry Zerners Twitter page.

https://x.com/Zernerlaw

For those that don't know Larry played shelly in Friday the 13th part 3 and is a entertainment lawyer.
Basically there are too many cooks in the kitchen where rights are concerned. No one wants to work deals out and everyone is looking for the biggest payout here.

Victor Miller and Horror Inc made an agreement to do Jason Universe. Milking jason out thru memorabilia/action fictures, cartoons, Video games. But movies are off limits because they have to take a paycut and pay in to the studios to use the rights for a movie. Since no one wants to do that. Movies are most likely over. Now games and all that..are great if you are a gamer... but this jason universe is ONLY going to be about a major cash-grab and run.

Fuck victor miller and fuck sean cunningham for ruining this franchise with their greed. Then add Paramount/New line into this. Yes paramount sold the rights off to new line but they still kept somethings that forbidden other companies using without getting a cut. This is all greed, Money and not about the fans AT ALL.

Don't be fooled about this. This is NOT about or for the fans. I dont know about you guys but I'd prefer a movie. Its been 15 years and they still cant come to agreements. Such a slap in the face for the old school fans.

What's sad is EVERYONE can make money because we all know fans want movies. I hope these people all rot.
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees May 26th 2024, 5:13 am

@mnknut30 I understand your perspective but Sean Cunningham explanation makes sense it was at Texas Frightmare Weekend I believe where they gave the QnA Panel and his doubt/reasonings make sense that if the movie "flops" at the box office the company and studios won't be happy because they now lost revenue and time for such a big property such as Friday the 13th.

There's also the factor that New Line Cinema owns the trademark to the title/word: Friday the 13th so that's extra money/contracts to be made.

I see from a business perspective that Sean is trying to save time, money, and rights.

With Victor Miller having one rights and Sean having another it would be far more complex...

Think about it! Victor only has Domestic rights and has rights to Pamela/Dead Kid Jason while Sean Cunningham owns international rights and to Adult Jason the problem with this is if we DID get a new movie?? It would be Jason with a forced and new Origin storyline and I doubt Sean wanted to cut what made Jason so iconic.

And back to the trademark issue since Paramount lost those rights to use the title "Friday the 13th" and it reverted back to New Line Cinema due to the cancellation of the two reboots which makes sense why Sean is a money hog because now he has to pay more revenue to New Line more than it is now since Paramount doesn't own it and so to use the title he has to pay and collaborate with them to make sure things are allowed and legal.

Again I truly understand the frustration tho!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher May 26th 2024, 10:04 am

Jason Voorhees wrote:@mnknut30 I understand your perspective but Sean Cunningham explanation makes sense it was at Texas Frightmare Weekend I believe where they gave the QnA Panel and his doubt/reasonings make sense that if the movie "flops" at the box office the company and studios won't be happy because they now lost revenue and time for such a big property such as Friday the 13th.

There's also the factor that New Line Cinema owns the trademark to the title/word: Friday the 13th so that's extra money/contracts to be made.

I see from a business perspective that Sean is trying to save time, money, and rights.

With Victor Miller having one rights and Sean having another it would be far more complex...

Think about it! Victor only has Domestic rights and has rights to Pamela/Dead Kid Jason while Sean Cunningham owns international rights and to Adult Jason the problem with this is if we DID get a new movie?? It would be Jason with a forced and new Origin storyline and I doubt Sean wanted to cut what made Jason so iconic.

And back to the trademark issue since Paramount lost those rights to use the title "Friday the 13th" and it reverted back to New Line Cinema due to the cancellation of the two reboots which makes sense why Sean is a money hog because now he has to pay more revenue to New Line more than it is now since Paramount doesn't own it and so to use the title he has to pay and collaborate with them to make sure things are allowed and legal.

I guess writing contracts and establishing a revenue stream would take longer than making a movie?
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees May 26th 2024, 12:59 pm

ThePunisher wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:@mnknut30 I understand your perspective but Sean Cunningham explanation makes sense it was at Texas Frightmare Weekend I believe where they gave the QnA Panel and his doubt/reasonings make sense that if the movie "flops" at the box office the company and studios won't be happy because they now lost revenue and time for such a big property such as Friday the 13th.

I guess writing contracts and establishing a revenue stream would take longer than making a movie?

Sadly...

There will likely be lawyers being involved so that's a fee, there also sit downstairs, and pre-production which means more money on stuff before post-production content...revenue streams is seemingly ALOT worse because they need to make promotions and Ads which like usual cost money, they got to make a trailer and sneak peak and it just gets more about who needs to be paid for what job it's a mess.

But Jason Universe will surely help us because as long as we buy merchandise especially for the next three years lost revenue might not be an issue so that's why I'll support them as best as I can.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by mnknut30 May 26th 2024, 2:45 pm

Its all a mess.. i blame all of them involved. I mean cunningham never liked jason and hated the sequels. Hell he told adam marcus to remove the hockey mask that was him putting his footdown. He has no respect for jason or the series. Why would he have any respect for him with this jason universe trash? He just wants to make a cash grab then run.

For him to say the movie could flop and make the studio lose money is an absolute flat out lie. Hes putting a higher price on his end of his rights that they could use so he gets a bigger paycheck. Dudes a douche.
mnknut30
mnknut30
Hiker
Hiker

I'm Not a Goalie and ThePunisher also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm Not a Goalie May 26th 2024, 3:09 pm

mnknut30 wrote:Its all a mess.. i blame all of them involved. I mean cunningham never liked jason and hated the sequels. Hell he told adam marcus to remove the hockey mask that was him putting his footdown. He has no respect for jason or the series. Why would he have any respect for him with this jason universe trash? He just wants to make a cash grab then run.

For him to say the movie could flop and make the studio lose money is an absolute flat out lie. Hes putting a higher price on his end of his rights that they could use so he gets a bigger paycheck. Dudes a douche.

I do agree with you about Cunningham. You haven't said anything about him that I haven't expressed on this forum multiple times. Not everyone agrees with that opinion and have heard stories from other sources, and that's fine. We don't all have to agree on everything. I was personally offended by the mask situation, and I've never been a fan of how Cunningham has handled Jason and the IP since acquiring... Like he didn't give a shit. I lost what little respect for him I had left when I heard he was suing Platinum Dunes over money he felt was owed to Horror Inc over the reboot at the same time he's in a lawsuit with Victor Miller because he doesn't feel he should have to pay the guy royalties for the script he wrote. Total hypocrite, and yes, a greedy douche willing to let the franchise rot if all the money isn't going to his company.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by mnknut30 May 26th 2024, 3:17 pm

I'm Not a Goalie wrote:
mnknut30 wrote:Its all a mess.. i blame all of them involved. I mean cunningham never liked jason and hated the sequels. Hell he told adam marcus to remove the hockey mask that was him putting his footdown. He has no respect for jason or the series. Why would he have any respect for him with this jason universe trash? He just wants to make a cash grab then run.

I do agree with you about Cunningham. You haven't said anything about him that I haven't expressed on this forum multiple times. Not everyone agrees with that opinion and have heard stories from other sources, and that's fine. We don't all have to agree on everything. I was personally offended by the mask situation, and I've never been a fan of how Cunningham has handled Jason and the IP since acquiring... Like he didn't give a shit. I lost what little respect for him I had left when I heard he was suing Platinum Dunes over money he felt was owed to Horror Inc over the reboot at the same time he's in a lawsuit with Victor Miller because he doesn't feel he should have to pay the guy royalties for the script he wrote. Total hypocrite, and yes, a greedy douche willing to let the franchise rot if all the money isn't going to his company.

I agree hes handled the IP poorly since obtaining the rights. I might be the only one around here who likes Jason Goes To Hell but thats not because of him... and everyone has a right for an opinion and I wont trash anyone for it either. I am venting because I AM FED UP with no movie and tons of lies and excuses from him. I actually know adam marcus and a few others that have dealt with him behind the scenes. NOT a nice man at all. His son is even worse i hear. If any of you read the crystal lakes memories book (not the DVD) youll read how terrible on set he was to Jim Issac who was trying to make a scary jason in space movie and cunningham ruined ALL his hard work with his greed and control. Cunningham is the worst person to have the IP rights. He shows no respect to the fans, or the series and NEVER has.
mnknut30
mnknut30
Hiker
Hiker

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher May 26th 2024, 5:03 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:
ThePunisher wrote:

Sadly...

There will likely be lawyers being involved so that's a fee, there also sit downstairs, and pre-production which means more money on stuff before post-production content...revenue streams is seemingly ALOT worse because they need to make promotions and Ads which like usual cost money, they got to make a trailer and sneak peak and it just gets more about who needs to be paid for what job it's a mess.

But Jason Universe will surely help us because as long as we buy merchandise especially for the next three years lost revenue might not be an issue so that's why I'll support them as best as I can.

I guess the days of Friday the 13th being a low budget horror movie are gone, assuming we get any more movies.
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees May 27th 2024, 3:41 am

mnknut30 wrote:
I'm Not a Goalie wrote:
mnknut30 wrote:Its all a mess.. i blame all of them involved.  I mean cunningham never liked jason and hated the sequels. Hell he told adam marcus to remove the hockey mask that was him putting his footdown. He has no respect for jason or the series. Why would he have any respect for him with this jason universe trash? He just wants to make a cash grab then run.  

I agree hes handled the IP poorly since obtaining the rights. I might be the only one around here who likes Jason Goes To Hell but thats not because of him... and everyone has a right for an opinion and I wont trash anyone for it either. I am venting because I AM FED UP with no movie and tons of lies and excuses from him.  I actually know adam marcus and a few others that have dealt with him behind the scenes. NOT a nice man at all. His son is even worse i hear.  If any of you read the crystal lakes memories book (not the DVD) youll read how terrible on set he was to Jim Issac who was trying to make a scary jason in space movie and cunningham ruined ALL his hard work with his greed and control.   Cunningham is the worst person to have the IP rights. He shows no respect to the fans, or the series and NEVER has.

It's poorly handle whenever people give away the rights to any company at this point.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher May 27th 2024, 4:01 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:
mnknut30 wrote:
I'm Not a Goalie wrote:
mnknut30 wrote:Its all a mess.. i blame all of them involved.  I mean cunningham never liked jason and hated the sequels. Hell he told adam marcus to remove the hockey mask that was him putting his footdown. He has no respect for jason or the series. Why would he have any respect for him with this jason universe trash? He just wants to make a cash grab then run.  

I agree hes handled the IP poorly since obtaining the rights. I might be the only one around here who likes Jason Goes To Hell but thats not because of him... and everyone has a right for an opinion and I wont trash anyone for it either. I am venting because I AM FED UP with no movie and tons of lies and excuses from him.  I actually know adam marcus and a few others that have dealt with him behind the scenes. NOT a nice man at all. His son is even worse i hear.  If any of you read the crystal lakes memories book (not the DVD) youll read how terrible on set he was to Jim Issac who was trying to make a scary jason in space movie and cunningham ruined ALL his hard work with his greed and control.   Cunningham is the worst person to have the IP rights. He shows no respect to the fans, or the series and NEVER has.

It's poorly handle whenever people give away the rights to any company at this point.

And the companies have the biggest checkbooks don't they?
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees May 28th 2024, 1:15 am

ThePunisher wrote:And the companies have the biggest checkbooks don't they?

They always do...all those merchandise sales over the years and the releases of Blu-Rays and etc they got the biggest pockets.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher May 29th 2024, 2:07 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:
ThePunisher wrote:And the companies have the biggest checkbooks don't they?

They always do...all those merchandise sales over the years and the releases of Blu-Rays and etc they got the biggest pockets.

And they don't care about the fans unless there's money being handed to them.
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees May 31st 2024, 9:23 am

Big Update! Jason Universe official Twitter just started following Friday the 13th the Game!!!

Jason Universe  Screen30

I hope this is GOOD news for us!!! I have my hopes up!!!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by StarFoxandDoomFan64 June 2nd 2024, 4:06 pm

Let's hope Jason universe releases some stuff for this years Halloween.
StarFoxandDoomFan64
StarFoxandDoomFan64
Town Resident
Town Resident

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher June 2nd 2024, 4:09 pm

StarFoxandDoomFan64 wrote:Let's hope Jason universe releases some stuff for this years Halloween.

As long as it's not junk.
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees June 13th 2024, 9:16 pm

I'm hoping for more Jason Voorhees in different video games!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Trekapedia likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher June 14th 2024, 4:15 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:I'm hoping for more Jason Voorhees in different video games!

I'd be glad to see more Jason Voorhees in ANYTHING!!!!
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia June 18th 2024, 11:28 pm

At this point, I’m just hoping we get some novels and the Crystal Lake show. Would I like to see a movie? Absolutely but I’ll just be happy with new merch, books and a tv show. Anything that keeps our favorite hockey masked person and his mother in the public vernacular.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher June 19th 2024, 2:40 pm

Trekapedia wrote:At this point, I’m just hoping we get some novels and the Crystal Lake show. Would I like to see a movie? Absolutely but I’ll just be happy with new merch, books and a tv show. Anything that keeps our favorite hockey masked person and his mother in the public vernacular.

And doesn't create more lawsuits in the process.
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia June 19th 2024, 3:10 pm

Agreed and they’re still doing shirts and stuff. I saw a baseball jersey and shorts for sale.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher June 20th 2024, 4:16 pm

Trekapedia wrote:Agreed and they’re still doing shirts and stuff. I saw a baseball jersey and shorts for sale.

I gotta check this out.
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees June 20th 2024, 11:38 pm

Trekapedia wrote:At this point, I’m just hoping we get some novels and the Crystal Lake show. Would I like to see a movie? Absolutely but I’ll just be happy with new merch, books and a tv show. Anything that keeps our favorite hockey masked person and his mother in the public vernacular.

I would also prefer new novels but novels that aren't at all connected to the films like the Black Flames series would be a nice addition for us, hell! More comics as well!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

ThePunisher and Trekapedia also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia July 24th 2024, 11:45 pm

Apparently, the Jason Universe Instagram account is saying they’re gonna reveal some new clothing at San Diego Comic Con this weekend. JCPenney was selling a Friday The 13th baseball jersey too from what I saw. So the merch is still going which makes me happy.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum