Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thank You, Friday the 13th: The Game

Go down

Thank You, Friday the 13th: The Game Empty Thank You, Friday the 13th: The Game

Post by Jason Voorhees November 10th 2020, 8:32 pm

Thank you @wes @GunMedia_Ben@mattshotcha @Gunmedia @Illfonic @BlacktowerStudios......

I can't express how much I love this game....played every single day....I couldn't help but wait for Uber Jason and other future content but it seems life is just cruel to this fanbase...but overall thank you for this final patch regardless of the hate thank you guys....this tribute is by the amazing channel Slash N' Cast....
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

OCT 31 1978, Dragonfire82877, I'm Not a Goalie, The Noble Idiot, Car Battery, gettodachappa and Trekapedia like this post

Back to top Go down

Thank You, Friday the 13th: The Game Empty Re: Thank You, Friday the 13th: The Game

Post by Trekapedia July 10th 2021, 3:13 am

Yeah I know what you mean. I really loved the game and I’m sad to see it’s ended. I just hope we will see it return somehow.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Back to top Go down

Thank You, Friday the 13th: The Game Empty Re: Thank You, Friday the 13th: The Game

Post by Jason Voorhees July 10th 2021, 9:18 am

@Trekapedia wrote:Yeah I know what you mean. I really loved the game and I’m sad to see it’s ended. I just hope we will see it return somehow.

Agreed to be honest....A new dev/publisher would likely be needed to have the game return if Gunmedia isn't gonna do it.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia July 17th 2021, 9:38 pm

People online saying Gun Media is done with it whether or not they can do more? Makes me wonder if it got to be too much of a hassle for them with the lawsuits. Just sad those lawsuits ruined a good thing you know? We waited so long for this game and it feels like it wasn’t around that long.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees July 18th 2021, 6:23 am

@Trekapedia wrote:People online saying Gun Media is done with it whether or not they can do more? Makes me wonder if it got to be too much of a hassle for them with the lawsuits. Just sad those lawsuits ruined a good thing you know? We waited so long for this game and it feels like it wasn’t around that long.

Yeah, the company said it wouldn't be easy to halt a gaming company and then resume it back as if they could, I did recommend working on the models and etc and then saving it on a back end server for later when the lawsuit ends but they didn't wanna take my advice
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Trekapedia likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia July 18th 2021, 1:19 pm

I’ve learned never say never but if they’re done with it, they must have really gotten fed up, and I don’t blame them either. I hope they reconsider though.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Fair Play September 29th 2021, 8:10 pm

At this point, I think someone else would end up making a new game from scratch. If only that pesky lawsuit would get settled.

As long as whomever does try to make another game reaches out to Savini, Manfredini and Hodder, I'd be fine with whoever could make a game similar in quality.

Fair Play
Hiker
Hiker

Back to top Go down

Post by Car Battery September 30th 2021, 8:20 pm

Yeah I would love to see "Friday the 13th: The Game Remastered" in the future.
Car Battery
Car Battery
Counselor
Counselor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees September 30th 2021, 8:38 pm

We just need new content no new games. 😭😭
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm Not a Goalie September 30th 2021, 9:06 pm

@Car Battery wrote:Yeah I would love to see "Friday the 13th: The Game Remastered" in the future.

I actually think this is our best chance to see a continuation of the format and content we all loved from the first game. No new content is ever coming to the original, as Gunn is doing everything in their power to move on if the hackers would ever let them. I'm not sure how a direct sequel would've worked without looking and playing too much like the original. Friday was a game that was destined/doomed to be reliant on new content and performance upgrades to keep rolling, rather than a franchise with multiple titles.

A remastered version somewhere down the line could work though. Think Skyrim Remastered, basically the same game the downloadable content and the ability to use mods. For "Friday the 13th: The Game Remastered" you get the same game with most of the bugs worked out, all of the content we missed out on due to the lawsuit included, and hopefully a more experienced Dev team who are bettered equipped to deal with any bugs that might arise.... And of course, the capability to add more content after the fact.

I highly doubt this will ever happen, but it's still our best chance to see the game revived. At least in it's current form. I'm afraid any potential future Friday the 13th titles will probably look very different.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Hiker
Hiker

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum