Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thank You, Friday the 13th: The Game

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Thank You, Friday the 13th: The Game Empty Thank You, Friday the 13th: The Game

Post by Jason Voorhees November 10th 2020, 8:32 pm

Thank you @wes @GunMedia_Ben@mattshotcha @Gunmedia @Illfonic @BlacktowerStudios......

I can't express how much I love this game....played every single day....I couldn't help but wait for Uber Jason and other future content but it seems life is just cruel to this fanbase...but overall thank you for this final patch regardless of the hate thank you guys....this tribute is by the amazing channel Slash N' Cast....
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

OCT 31 1978, Dragonfire82877, I'm Not a Goalie, The Noble Idiot, Car Battery, gettodachappa, Trekapedia and Ari Wongstein also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Thank You, Friday the 13th: The Game Empty Re: Thank You, Friday the 13th: The Game

Post by Trekapedia July 10th 2021, 3:13 am

Yeah I know what you mean. I really loved the game and I’m sad to see it’s ended. I just hope we will see it return somehow.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Thank You, Friday the 13th: The Game Empty Re: Thank You, Friday the 13th: The Game

Post by Jason Voorhees July 10th 2021, 9:18 am

Trekapedia wrote:Yeah I know what you mean. I really loved the game and I’m sad to see it’s ended. I just hope we will see it return somehow.

Agreed to be honest....A new dev/publisher would likely be needed to have the game return if Gunmedia isn't gonna do it.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia July 17th 2021, 9:38 pm

People online saying Gun Media is done with it whether or not they can do more? Makes me wonder if it got to be too much of a hassle for them with the lawsuits. Just sad those lawsuits ruined a good thing you know? We waited so long for this game and it feels like it wasn’t around that long.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees July 18th 2021, 6:23 am

Trekapedia wrote:People online saying Gun Media is done with it whether or not they can do more? Makes me wonder if it got to be too much of a hassle for them with the lawsuits. Just sad those lawsuits ruined a good thing you know? We waited so long for this game and it feels like it wasn’t around that long.

Yeah, the company said it wouldn't be easy to halt a gaming company and then resume it back as if they could, I did recommend working on the models and etc and then saving it on a back end server for later when the lawsuit ends but they didn't wanna take my advice
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Trekapedia likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia July 18th 2021, 1:19 pm

I’ve learned never say never but if they’re done with it, they must have really gotten fed up, and I don’t blame them either. I hope they reconsider though.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Fair Play September 29th 2021, 8:10 pm

At this point, I think someone else would end up making a new game from scratch. If only that pesky lawsuit would get settled.

As long as whomever does try to make another game reaches out to Savini, Manfredini and Hodder, I'd be fine with whoever could make a game similar in quality.
Fair Play
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Car Battery September 30th 2021, 8:20 pm

Yeah I would love to see "Friday the 13th: The Game Remastered" in the future.
Car Battery
Car Battery
Counselor
Counselor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees September 30th 2021, 8:38 pm

We just need new content no new games. 😭😭
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm Not a Goalie September 30th 2021, 9:06 pm

Car Battery wrote:Yeah I would love to see "Friday the 13th: The Game Remastered" in the future.

I actually think this is our best chance to see a continuation of the format and content we all loved from the first game. No new content is ever coming to the original, as Gunn is doing everything in their power to move on if the hackers would ever let them. I'm not sure how a direct sequel would've worked without looking and playing too much like the original. Friday was a game that was destined/doomed to be reliant on new content and performance upgrades to keep rolling, rather than a franchise with multiple titles.

A remastered version somewhere down the line could work though. Think Skyrim Remastered, basically the same game the downloadable content and the ability to use mods. For "Friday the 13th: The Game Remastered" you get the same game with most of the bugs worked out, all of the content we missed out on due to the lawsuit included, and hopefully a more experienced Dev team who are bettered equipped to deal with any bugs that might arise.... And of course, the capability to add more content after the fact.

I highly doubt this will ever happen, but it's still our best chance to see the game revived. At least in it's current form. I'm afraid any potential future Friday the 13th titles will probably look very different.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

Car Battery likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees June 9th 2022, 11:30 pm

I'm Not a Goalie wrote:
Car Battery wrote:Yeah I would love to see "Friday the 13th: The Game Remastered" in the future.

I actually think this is our best chance to see a continuation of the format and content we all loved from the first game. No new content is ever coming to the original, as Gunn is doing everything in their power to move on if the hackers would ever let them. I'm not sure how a direct sequel would've worked without looking and playing too much like the original. Friday was a game that was destined/doomed to be reliant on new content and performance upgrades to keep rolling, rather than a franchise with multiple titles.

A remastered version somewhere down the line could work though. Think Skyrim Remastered, basically the same game the downloadable content and the ability to use mods. For "Friday the 13th: The Game Remastered" you get the same game with most of the bugs worked out, all of the content we missed out on due to the lawsuit included, and hopefully a more experienced Dev team who are bettered equipped to deal with any bugs that might arise.... And of course, the capability to add more content after the fact.

I highly doubt this will ever happen, but it's still our best chance to see the game revived. At least in it's current form. I'm afraid any potential future Friday the 13th titles will probably look very different.
Only if we could get that man I would PAY for it.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm Not a Goalie June 26th 2022, 3:08 pm

Well, I can only hope this post is premature, but just in case these database login failure errors are the final sign the hackers have finally won and Friday the 13th the game as we know it is indeed dead... It was a great ride, and I enjoyed every second of it. I haven't payed since Evil Dead came out, but I always planned to go back to it eventually.

No Regrets. Cheers to this broken beautiful mess. 🥳 🥂
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees June 26th 2022, 3:11 pm

I'm Not a Goalie wrote:Well, I can only hope this post is premature, but just in case these database login failure errors are the final sign the hackers have finally won and Friday the 13th the game as we know it is indeed dead... It was a great ride, and I enjoyed every second of it. I haven't payed since Evil Dead came out, but I always planned to go back to it eventually.

No Regrets. Cheers to this broken beautiful mess. 🥳 🥂
I swear Ill make F13 bigger than DbD! F13 is such an amazing video game!!!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees July 30th 2022, 9:24 am

The website is officially gone...Friday the 13th: The Game Forum is Closed

Thank You, Friday the 13th: The Game 200.gif?cid=6d055ee1phuxx85qo2wbj9ucqg7ghdf1q6z0e39w6ilsftnz&rid=200
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Dragonfire82877 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm Not a Goalie July 30th 2022, 3:19 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:The website is officially gone...Friday the 13th: The Game Forum is Closed

Thank You, Friday the 13th: The Game 200.gif?cid=6d055ee1phuxx85qo2wbj9ucqg7ghdf1q6z0e39w6ilsftnz&rid=200

When Matt initially began talking about archiving the forum, I thought they meant they were just disabling comments or the ability to create new posts... I didn't realize they were removing the forum all together. If I'd realized that, I probably would've taken some more time to look back at my old posts when I found out the forum would be shutting down on the 21st a couple of weeks ago... I was a late comer to the forum and It was sad to see so many slowly drift away after dedicated servers shut down, but I did appreciate my short time there. Even the know-it-all assholes, lol.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

SonofOdin6039 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonfire82877 July 30th 2022, 7:12 pm

Yeah, archiving a forum means making it unusable, but letting it remain. They didn’t archive the forum, they out right deleted it. There was a wealth of knowledge about the game for newer players that they just tossed in the toilet and flushed without hesitation. I know it was theirs to with what they wanted, but I don’t agree with how they did it.
Dragonfire82877
Dragonfire82877
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

OCT 31 1978, I'm Not a Goalie and Trekapedia also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm Not a Goalie July 30th 2022, 9:42 pm

Dragonfire82877 wrote:Yeah, archiving a forum means making it unusable, but letting it remain. They didn’t archive the forum, they out right deleted it. There was a wealth of knowledge about the game for newer players that they just tossed in the toilet and flushed without hesitation. I know it was theirs to with what they wanted, but I don’t agree with how they did it.

Agree completely. Sadly, if feels like Gunn has desperately wanted to move on from F13 for a long time now to focus of TCM, and I can hardly blame them for that. This is just a theory, but I feel like the Hacker issues with the PC port of the game completely broke them, and they just stopped giving a shit about F13 all together. They wanted to move on, but outside forces weren't allowing a rapidly shrinking team to do so. Matt's radio silence for most of his past year was very telling. Again, I understand it, but it's still pretty shitty of them not to archive the forum as promised. It was the least they could do for the game that helped put them on the map for better or worse.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

Dragonfire82877 and Trekapedia also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees July 31st 2022, 4:52 am

I'm gonna miss the website!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 July 31st 2022, 12:53 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:I'm gonna miss the website!

Same here I absolutely love the game had a fantastic experience with it and the F13game community they and everyone here have been amazing!!
Still sad things went down the way they did for the game.
And just as sad about the forum’s being erased from existence.

But I am Glad we have this incredible fan site by @JasonVoorhees to keep those awesome relationships alive and well….
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Dragonfire82877 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees August 1st 2022, 5:44 pm

OCT 31 1978 wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:I'm gonna miss the website!

Same here I absolutely love the game had a fantastic experience with it and the F13game community they and everyone here have been amazing!!
Still sad things went down the way they did for the game.
And just ask dad about the forum’s being erased from existence.

But I am Glad we have this incredible fan site by @JasonVoorhees to keep those awesome relationships alive and well….
I am honored you guys have joined!! It means alot!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

OCT 31 1978 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Fair Play August 3rd 2022, 5:54 pm

It's a shame the forum was shut down. We met a lot of really decent fans and enthusiasts. A lot of good conversations were had, and a wealth of insight and knowledge has been lost. I pray this forum never ends up like that one.

Archiving the site would have been a bit better than wiping it from existance.

As far as the game, we all have some sort of fond memories and good times. The hackers cannot take those from us.
Fair Play
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

OCT 31 1978 and I'm Not a Goalie also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees August 6th 2022, 3:58 pm

Fair Play wrote:It's a shame the forum was shut down. We met a lot of really decent fans and enthusiasts. A lot of good conversations were had, and a wealth of insight and knowledge has been lost. I pray this forum never ends up like that one.

Archiving the site would have been a bit better than wiping it from existance.

As far as the game, we all have some sort of fond memories and good times. The hackers cannot take those from us.

Preach it Fair Play! we will live on forever and so will this forum for their sake!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Michał September 10th 2022, 10:40 am

Sad
Michał
Michał
No Rank
No Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees September 14th 2022, 2:20 pm

Michał wrote:Sad

One day....one day the higher power just gives us our unreleased content!!!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamam2020 June 7th 2023, 9:22 pm

I can totally relate to your love for this game! It's been my daily obsession too. Waiting for new content like Uber Jason has been both exciting and nerve-wracking. Despite the challenges, I want to express my gratitude to the developers for their dedication. They've created something truly special for the fanbase. Speaking of Jason Voorhees, have you seen the incredible action figure at Larger Than Life Toys? It's a perfect tribute to the iconic character. Keep gaming and enjoying every thrilling moment!
Jamam2020
Jamam2020
No Rank
No Rank

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum