Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did Jason's actions in Manhattan lead to Goes To Hell opening scene?

Go down

Did Jason's actions in Manhattan lead to Goes To Hell opening scene? Empty Did Jason's actions in Manhattan lead to Goes To Hell opening scene?

Post by CaldoTheKid March 18th 2023, 8:20 pm

So throughout the series we haven't heard a word from the FBI, but once Jason crosses state lines, sinks a ship ( terrorist act), murders a NYPD, the FBI can no longer deny Jason is a myth or a copycat killer in the movies following Part V. So they send their best team out to Crystal Lake to stop him once and for all.
CaldoTheKid
CaldoTheKid
Town Resident
Town Resident

Back to top Go down

Did Jason's actions in Manhattan lead to Goes To Hell opening scene? Empty Re: Did Jason's actions in Manhattan lead to Goes To Hell opening scene?

Post by Jason Voorhees March 18th 2023, 8:52 pm

CaldoTheKid wrote:So throughout the series we haven't heard a word from the FBI, but once Jason crosses state lines, sinks a ship ( terrorist act), murders a NYPD, the FBI can no longer deny Jason is a myth or a copycat killer in the movies following Part V. So they send their best team out to Crystal Lake to stop him once and for all.

It can be alot of factors.

Adam Marcus states that New Line Cinema told him to ignore Jason Takes Manhattan so it would be said JGTH takes place after Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood.

If we dont factor this then yes by your statements the FBI would have definitely taken it seriously and not a copycat or anything else.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Did Jason's actions in Manhattan lead to Goes To Hell opening scene? Empty Re: Did Jason's actions in Manhattan lead to Goes To Hell opening scene?

Post by CaldoTheKid March 18th 2023, 9:06 pm

Very true although this begs the question how was Jason resurrected after the events of New Blood.
CaldoTheKid
CaldoTheKid
Town Resident
Town Resident

jasn88cubs likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs March 18th 2023, 11:13 pm

CaldoTheKid wrote:Very true although this begs the question how was Jason resurrected after the events of New Blood.

agree.

The start of part 9 is such a struggle

the should have showed something about Jason coming back
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 March 19th 2023, 1:08 pm

JGTH definitely doesn’t come off as a sequel to Jason Takes Manhattan at all….. but to be honest it’s doesn’t feel like a sequel to any of the films before it….

To me it’s a stand alone film that only requires the viewer to have limited information about what came before it….. Jason Voorhees the possibility Supernaturally serial killer has been stalking the grounds of Crystal Lake for years Killing many, many teens and Adults he has been very hard to apprehend by local police hence the FBI getting involved……Insert Mythology head flipping story……

I am not sure how much The FBI knew about what Jason is or how many times he was reported killed in the past but they definitely brought the kinda firepower that seem they were not taking any chances lol
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Silencer May 26th 2023, 4:04 pm

Lore-wise, there are two possible outcomes to how Jason ended up back in Crystal Lake.

Outcome #1 - The New Blood Resurrection:

At the end of New Blood, Jason is pulled into the lake by the corpse of Tina's father. I always felt this was one of the weakest Jason deaths in the series. I guess after being impaled with nails, electrocuted, thrown through stairs, hung, shot at, set on fire, and surviving a house explosion, our favourite masked slasher just didn't have enough energy to withstand being pulled underwater.

To add insult to injury, it is shown that Jason survived his drowning attempt with a deleted scene - which shows Jason pulling a fishermen into the lake shortly thereafter.

Outcome #2 - A trip to Manhattan:

Jason gets exposed to toxic waste and is drifted back to crystal lake. Since Jason doesn't die, he gets back to work shortly thereafter with a severely disfigured mask ...which makes absolutely no sense, since Jason removed his mask after having acid splashed in his face.
Silencer
Silencer
Town Resident
Town Resident

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees May 26th 2023, 4:21 pm

OCT 31 1978 wrote:JGTH definitely doesn’t come off as a sequel to Jason Takes Manhattan at all….. but to be honest it’s doesn’t feel like a sequel to any of the films before it….

To me it’s a stand alone film that only requires the viewer to have limited information about what came before it….. Jason Voorhees the possibility Supernaturally serial killer has been stalking the grounds of Crystal Lake for years Killing many, many teens and Adults he has been very hard to apprehend by local police hence the FBI getting involved……Insert Mythology head flipping story……

I am not sure how much The FBI knew about what Jason is or how many times he was reported killed in the past but they definitely brought the kinda firepower that seem they were not taking any chances lol

Yeah Adam said that New Line Cinema told him to ignore Part 8 and to continue from Part 7. (But ofcourse this would be a He said they said situation.)
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

OCT 31 1978 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 May 27th 2023, 6:08 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:
OCT 31 1978 wrote:JGTH definitely doesn’t come off as a sequel to Jason Takes Manhattan at all….. but to be honest it’s doesn’t feel like a sequel to any of the films before it….

Yeah Adam said that New Line Cinema told him to ignore Part 8 and to continue from Part 7. (But ofcourse this would be a He said they said situation.)

Maybe we will find out more in the upcoming JGTH Documentary Adam is doing.
I ordered mine a year ago, looks like they are finally winding down and will be finished soon.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees May 27th 2023, 7:02 pm

OCT 31 1978 wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:

Maybe we will find out more in the upcoming JGTH Documentary Adam is doing.
I ordered mine a year ago, looks like they are finally winding down and will be finished soon.

Thats also true! The mockermentary they did had some interesting points as it discussed it wasnt Jason but some other copycat like Roy Burns.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher May 28th 2023, 1:12 pm

CaldoTheKid wrote:So throughout the series we haven't heard a word from the FBI, but once Jason crosses state lines, sinks a ship ( terrorist act), murders a NYPD, the FBI can no longer deny Jason is a myth or a copycat killer in the movies following Part V. So they send their best team out to Crystal Lake to stop him once and for all.

Why deny him in the first place?
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum