Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Opinion About Friday the 13th Vs Dead by Daylight

Go down

Opinion About Friday the 13th Vs Dead by Daylight Empty Opinion About Friday the 13th Vs Dead by Daylight

Post by Jason Voorhees September 25th 2020, 10:11 am

Opinion About Friday the 13th Vs Dead by Daylight Dead-b10

Disclaimer



For those who don't know what an opinion is this is solely by my experience when playing both and to mind everyone I have BOTH the Game and I play one more than the other so don't get butthurt or triggered if you don't like the outcome of my very personal opinion.

The pros/cons listed are yet AGAIN for all those joining to comment is that it's from MY VIEWS, if you want to criticize please have some sorta validation for why you are disagreeing and not just disagreeing to disagree with me because of my preference.

Pros: Friday the 13th The Game



  1. Multiplayer lobby up to 1 vs 7
  2. Very Good game graphics for the current Console Gens.
  3. Keeps to the Slasher/Horror Tropes to the Characters.
  4. Doesn't Pander to a specific playstyle for Counselors Players or Jason Players.
  5. Updates that matter to Gameplay more than just adding Content despite the lawsuit.
  6. Has a Bot Mode just for fun for players.
  7. Hidden Objectives such as Pamela Tapes/Tommy Tapes.
  8. Voice Chat between Players which makes communication fun.
  9. Numerous amounts of Defenses against Jason.
  10. Developers put years of details into the different versions of Jason's, Maps, and Kills.
  11. Jason being a true slasher can FREELY kill off survivors without offerings or hooking.
  12. Players like in the movies or in real life can defend against the killer.
  13. Numerous ways to escape the killer/finish the game. (Cars, Boats, Cops, and killing Jason.)
  14. No other licensed killers because it's about him and his franchise.
  15. Numerous powers and abilities for the Killer.
  16. Rage Mode makes the game far far more challenging to the Survivors.
  17. Player Customization for both Jason and Counselors.
  18. Emotes and Emote Communications.
  19. Reasonable DLC prices.
  20. Badge system which shows a player's progress which gives a sense of Achievements.

Cons: Friday the 13th The Game



  1. No Tutorial for New Players.
  2. No Crossplay for players on Playstation 4, Xbox, and PC.
  3. No Bio History for the Characters to place them in timelines.
  4. PC has Hacked Lobbies for the majority of the time playing.
  5. Freuqent lobby crashes on PC
  6. Limited Game Modes.
  7. Alot of Rage Quitters.
  8. No New Content because of a stupid lawsuit.
  9. Not everyone has Savini Jason.
  10. New Bugs and Glitches when updates appear.
  11. Toxic Emote spammers/Teabaggers.
  12. Issues with Teamers with Jason.
  13. No more Team Killing aspect. Sad
  14. Many ways to earn XP with the current state of the game.

Pros: Dead by Daylight



  1. Crossplay for players of Playstation 4,PC, and Xbox One.
  2. Archives are fun to Collect for Players.
  3. Very great Anti-Cheat software on PC.
  4. Merchandize for fans.
  5. QnA Livestreams for the fanbase.
  6. Jason isn't in Dead by Daylight (Hopefully never)
  7. End Game makes the game more challenging for survivors.
  8. Player Customization for both Killers and Survivors.
  9. Good ways to earn Bloodpoints aka Experience points.
  10. Alot of different achievements with new DLC, not just the base game.

Cons: Dead by Daylight



  1. Have to kill by hooking and waiting but need offerings to kill them.
  2. Not so good graphics (Yes it's getting an upgrade but still not so great.)
  3. Too much pandering to a player base namely said for Survivors.
  4. Things like Face Camping is allowed and not punishable.
  5. Very toxic community when saying specific things based on personal opinions.
  6. Limited in the lobby of 1 vs 4
  7. Gen Rushing/SFW's is the most toxic gameplay and ruins the mood of the Hunter hunting Prey aspects.
  8. Lots and lots of unused Perks and some being high tier Meta.
  9. Majority of the Killers aren't even used and some are so frequent it's obvious to Guess even with or without the hints.
  10. No bots for players of Offline gameplay.
  11. Former problems with Lobby wait times.
  12. Horrible Community feedback team (Worried more on releasing content than fixing numerous bugs/glitches)
  13. No voice chat between members.
  14. Limited game modes for players.
  15. Numerous amounts of Rage Quitters.
  16. PS3 level graphics (in my opinion)
  17. Guessed Killers don't 100% look like the real thing.
  18. Survivors can't defend themselves against the Killers and need Flashlights and or Pallets for defense.
  19. Ranking makes gameplay honestly not playable for noobs of the game.
  20. Teabaggers and tryhards make the game unfun.
  21. Some overpriced DLC for limited content.
  22. Guessed Survivors don't look modeled after their fictional counterparts.
  23. Lack of communications aka Emotes.
  24. Snitches who taletell on other survivors.

Winner: Friday the 13th The Game


You guessed it Friday the 13th the Game has won this voting! How and Why? Well because Friday the 13th the Game isn't just a successful take on the franchise, isn't just a horror game, its a well-given slasher video game where well Dead by Daylight can't really be considered a "Slasher" just a beat him up and hook simulator them...where F13 the Game legitimately gives you that "I am Jason! and I don't wait to Kill!" which is why I am happy Jason isn't a licensed figured in Dead by Daylight because well it would ruin his character and what he is represented as, I bought DbD for Michael Myers aka The Shape but what I got wasn't what I sought out for a "Slasher" genre-based game its mostly a "Horror Theme" more than anything else.

Opinion About Friday the 13th Vs Dead by Daylight 75-75810
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Age : 74
Gender : Male
Posts : 330
Join Date : 2017-06-24
Location : Camp Crystal Lake

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Opinion About Friday the 13th Vs Dead by Daylight Empty Re: Opinion About Friday the 13th Vs Dead by Daylight

Post by Carlso November 3rd 2020, 5:07 pm

IMO dead by daylight sucks. Everything that gives a tiny bit of entertainment is already better than dead by daylight. Minecraft is better than DBD. Among Us is Better than DBD. Candy crush is better than DBD. That old Nokya snake game is better than DBD.
F13 is an amazing game. DBD doesn't stand a chance.

What do you think about Last Year? The game is dead, but it was cool. I still think F13 is better tho.
Carlso
Carlso
Stranger
Stranger

Age : 18
Gender : Male
Posts : 6
Join Date : 2020-11-03
Location : Brazil, Porto Alegre (RS)

Back to top Go down

Opinion About Friday the 13th Vs Dead by Daylight Empty Re: Opinion About Friday the 13th Vs Dead by Daylight

Post by Jason Voorhees November 3rd 2020, 5:14 pm

@Carlso wrote:IMO dead by daylight sucks. Everything that gives a tiny bit of entertainment is already better than dead by daylight. Minecraft is better than DBD. Among Us is Better than DBD. Candy crush is better than DBD. That old Nokya snake game is better than DBD.
F13 is an amazing game. DBD doesn't stand a chance.

What do you think about Last Year? The game is dead, but it was cool. I still think F13 is better tho.

I had VERY high hopes for Last Year the Game...Hopefully, they find a sponsor/new dev team because I actually want to play the game with a high player base!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Age : 74
Gender : Male
Posts : 330
Join Date : 2017-06-24
Location : Camp Crystal Lake

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Opinion About Friday the 13th Vs Dead by Daylight Empty Re: Opinion About Friday the 13th Vs Dead by Daylight

Post by OCT 31 1978 November 3rd 2020, 7:50 pm

I agree on all points when comparing F13 to DBD.....
I also wanted to play last year the trailers and development info looked fantastic......
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
Hiker
Hiker

Gender : Male
Posts : 56
Join Date : 2020-11-03

Back to top Go down

Opinion About Friday the 13th Vs Dead by Daylight Empty Re: Opinion About Friday the 13th Vs Dead by Daylight

Post by Jason Voorhees November 3rd 2020, 7:56 pm

@OCT 31 1978 wrote:I agree on all points when comparing F13 to DBD.....
I also wanted to play last year the trailers and development info looked fantastic......
I played it for a little and they just need to slightly buff the killers even with a low playerbase they have it's still fun!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Age : 74
Gender : Male
Posts : 330
Join Date : 2017-06-24
Location : Camp Crystal Lake

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Opinion About Friday the 13th Vs Dead by Daylight Empty Re: Opinion About Friday the 13th Vs Dead by Daylight

Post by OCT 31 1978 November 3rd 2020, 8:07 pm

I thought they were going to release it on consoles?
Did their plans fall through?
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
Hiker
Hiker

Gender : Male
Posts : 56
Join Date : 2020-11-03

Back to top Go down

Opinion About Friday the 13th Vs Dead by Daylight Empty Re: Opinion About Friday the 13th Vs Dead by Daylight

Post by Jason Voorhees November 3rd 2020, 8:17 pm

@OCT 31 1978 wrote:I thought they were going to release it on consoles?
Did their plans fall through?
Yeah sadly because of Covid their parent company had to release devs and it's been a slow process with Steam and etc but Me and others hoping they make enough to bring a small team for themselves.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Age : 74
Gender : Male
Posts : 330
Join Date : 2017-06-24
Location : Camp Crystal Lake

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Opinion About Friday the 13th Vs Dead by Daylight Empty Re: Opinion About Friday the 13th Vs Dead by Daylight

Post by OCT 31 1978 November 3rd 2020, 9:43 pm

That sucks COVId strikes again.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
Hiker
Hiker

Gender : Male
Posts : 56
Join Date : 2020-11-03

Back to top Go down

Opinion About Friday the 13th Vs Dead by Daylight Empty Re: Opinion About Friday the 13th Vs Dead by Daylight

Post by HaHaTrumpWon November 4th 2020, 7:32 am

I pretty much lost interest in DbD after watching the 100th video of a survivor running a killer around the same pallet for 10+ minutes at a time with no way for him to catch her.

HaHaTrumpWon
No Rank
No Rank

Posts : 3
Join Date : 2020-11-04

Back to top Go down

Opinion About Friday the 13th Vs Dead by Daylight Empty Re: Opinion About Friday the 13th Vs Dead by Daylight

Post by Jason Voorhees November 4th 2020, 7:36 am

@HaHaTrumpWon wrote:I pretty much lost interest in DbD after watching the 100th video of a survivor running a killer around the same pallet for 10+ minutes at a time with no way for him to catch her.

Man that is the most damn annoying part of the game! I main Michael and when I get full teams of nothing but tryhard sweats it ruins the feel when I just play it casually when I am extremely bored and cant play F13 because it makes me sad.

@OCT 31 1978 wrote:That sucks COVId strikes again.

Here is the official statement about Last Year the Game:
BluePromKing (08/11/2020) wrote:
Greetings, all

We wanted to give you an update on the situation at Elastic games, what to expect, and what's the future. Hopefully, this will help the community understand a little where we are.

The put it bluntly, we, unfortunately, have to cancel the planned August Update. To understand why, im going to explain what happened since we went into lockdown as much as i possibly can.

I think this is no secret to anyone but the game's sales were always on the lower side, and were just enough to get us through to the next update. We still powered through, update to update, trying to build a product that would be in a better state to have published, with the proper funding and proper support it needs, being a Live "Game as a service" product. Signing with a publisher was always the end goal so we can keep updating the game, which meant the team knew and was okay with the finances being a bit on the rocky side. Just before Covid hit, we were finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel; a 8 figures publishing deal that would've allowed us to move forward comfortably, bring the game to console (as part of the deal), and support it for years to come. The papers were on the table, and we were ready to sign. Unfortunately, Covid19 happened. The publisher, unfortunately, got Covid in their offices and started stalling as their finances were also taking a hit and they decided to freeze investments internationally, and our finances were at rock bottom, but the team still powered through. A little after this whole ordeal started, we got the unfortunate news : The publisher will not be pursuing. At this point, we we're already out of money. But we promised an update, The Mine update. So a portion of the team decided to keep powering through, and we shipped The Mine to great success.
[3:53 PM]
We planned for the subsequent 5$ sale to help alleviate the problem a little. But Alas, even that was not succesfull. At this point, the financial reality was starting to become heavy on more and more team member and we progressively had to part ways with more and more employees as they had to care for themselve and their family first. Up until the message that I sent two weeks ago, we we're still on track to at the very least finish up the Summer camp, but knowing full well that at any point, if another opportunity arised for the suicide squad left, that it would mean the end of the effort. Fortunately for those members, they found work and we are grateful that they are being taken care off, as they gave their literal blood sweat and tears for the past 4 months running on fumes. Unfortunately for us, there is now nobody left to work on content at Elastic Games.

What does this mean?
It basically mean that unless we manage to find a publishing deal, Content updates for Last year are on an undefinite hiatus. James is still working day and night to score a publishing deal, but there is nobody left to work on the game.

That being said; we're not done yet. We still have a final surprise planned for you, the community, who held on and stayed with us this entire time, always believing in the project and the team and we are infinitly grateful for your trust, and we want to reward it. Expect this to happen around the Halloween period, but we're confident you will enjoy the parting gift. We also hope that this final gambit will allow us to score a deal and restart content production, and know that you will be the first to know if this happens. If absolutely nothing comes out of this, we will address the community, and do a proper farewell. But until then, know that it's not over till it's over.

We still have a product
We still have Last year
Last year will always live on Steam.
-Bakalid
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Age : 74
Gender : Male
Posts : 330
Join Date : 2017-06-24
Location : Camp Crystal Lake

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Opinion About Friday the 13th Vs Dead by Daylight Empty Re: Opinion About Friday the 13th Vs Dead by Daylight

Post by OCT 31 1978 November 4th 2020, 7:53 am

Thanks for posting that.
I stopped following last year info once they said console release would be a long while off.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
Hiker
Hiker

Gender : Male
Posts : 56
Join Date : 2020-11-03

Back to top Go down

Opinion About Friday the 13th Vs Dead by Daylight Empty Re: Opinion About Friday the 13th Vs Dead by Daylight

Post by Jason Voorhees November 4th 2020, 7:56 am

@OCT 31 1978 wrote:Thanks for posting that.
I stopped following last year info once they said console release would be a long while off.
I truly do hope it does come to console because its not bad game its alot more fun than DbD.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Age : 74
Gender : Male
Posts : 330
Join Date : 2017-06-24
Location : Camp Crystal Lake

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Opinion About Friday the 13th Vs Dead by Daylight Empty Re: Opinion About Friday the 13th Vs Dead by Daylight

Post by I'm Not a Goalie November 12th 2020, 2:53 am

A while back, we were getting ready to start a match and this one guy was complaining about how crap Friday was, and that he'd rather be playing DBD. I wound up drawing Jason, and take a wild guess who I killed first. Chocked him to death, because that was all he deserved, while telling him he can go play DBD now because you suck at this game. He left immediately, and that's exactly what he did. Good riddance.

IMO, Friday the 13th is much better then DBD... The NES version that is. Gun's vision of Friday the 13th is far Superior compared to DBD. To be fair though, I am a tad extra salty towards that game because I've lost several friends to it over the years and I still can't understand why. I get why people play both, but to abandon Friday altogether and insist DBD is better? Nah... Not at all.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
The Local
The Local

Gender : Male
Posts : 20
Join Date : 2020-11-03
Location : Haddonfield Illinois

TheRevenantRetroJason likes this post

Back to top Go down

Opinion About Friday the 13th Vs Dead by Daylight Empty Re: Opinion About Friday the 13th Vs Dead by Daylight

Post by Jason Voorhees November 12th 2020, 4:13 am

@I'm Not a Goalie wrote:A while back, we were getting ready to start a match and this one guy was complaining about how crap Friday was, and that he'd rather be playing DBD. I wound up drawing Jason, and take a wild guess who I killed first. Chocked him to death, because that was all he deserved, while telling him he can go play DBD now because you suck at this game. He left immediately, and that's exactly what he did. Good riddance.

IMO, Friday the 13th is much better then DBD... The NES version that is. Gun's vision of Friday the 13th is far Superior compared to DBD. To be fair though, I am a tad extra salty towards that game because I've lost several friends to it over the years and I still can't understand why. I get why people play both, but to abandon Friday altogether and insist DBD is better? Nah... Not at all.

Ooooh man 💯 agreed on this subject.

I play both and DbD is just meh....

Killers get rushed the 1st few minutes of the game.
Survivors are all Toxic pricks.

I play Killer I don't like survivor.

I play Michael, Ghostface, and pyramid Head majority of the time.

But I have no legit fun until I play with friends with mics but with randoms? It's always ending with me getting killed and it's never fun when you can't truly defend yourself against the killer.

Dead by Daylight is just a Hook Simulator.

I will never consider DbD as a Slasher or Horror Game but a Horror Theme Video Game.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Age : 74
Gender : Male
Posts : 330
Join Date : 2017-06-24
Location : Camp Crystal Lake

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Opinion About Friday the 13th Vs Dead by Daylight Empty Re: Opinion About Friday the 13th Vs Dead by Daylight

Post by I'm Not a Goalie November 12th 2020, 6:35 pm

@Jason Voorhees wrote:
@I'm Not a Goalie wrote:A while back, we were getting ready to start a match and this one guy was complaining about how crap Friday was, and that he'd rather be playing DBD. I wound up drawing Jason, and take a wild guess who I killed first. Chocked him to death, because that was all he deserved, while telling him he can go play DBD now because you suck at this game. He left immediately, and that's exactly what he did. Good riddance.

IMO, Friday the 13th is much better then DBD... The NES version that is. Gun's vision of Friday the 13th is far Superior compared to DBD. To be fair though, I am a tad extra salty towards that game because I've lost several friends to it over the years and I still can't understand why. I get why people play both, but to abandon Friday altogether and insist DBD is better? Nah... Not at all.

Ooooh man 💯 agreed on this subject.

I play both and DbD is just meh....

Killers get rushed the 1st few minutes of the game.
Survivors are all Toxic pricks.

I play Killer I don't like survivor.

I play Michael, Ghostface, and pyramid Head majority of the time.

But I have no legit fun until I play with friends with mics but with randoms? It's always ending with me getting killed and it's never fun when you can't truly defend yourself against the killer.

Dead by Daylight is just a Hook Simulator.

I will never consider DbD as a Slasher or Horror Game but a Horror Theme Video Game.

I wanted to respect the fact that DBD was trying to bring some horror icons into that game, but they were all such shameless cash grabs I can't even bring myself to do that. Up until content stopped, Friday was giving the playerbase new Jasons, Maps, and Counselors for free. (I kind of wonder if Uber and Grendel would've broken that trend though) When you think about it, that's another Pro for Friday and con for DBD. Never had to fork out extra cash to make Friday somewhat interesting.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
The Local
The Local

Gender : Male
Posts : 20
Join Date : 2020-11-03
Location : Haddonfield Illinois

Back to top Go down

Opinion About Friday the 13th Vs Dead by Daylight Empty Re: Opinion About Friday the 13th Vs Dead by Daylight

Post by Jason Voorhees November 12th 2020, 6:59 pm

@I'm Not a Goalie wrote:
I wanted to respect the fact that DBD was trying to bring some horror icons into that game, but they were all such shameless cash grabs I can't even bring myself to do that. Up until content stopped, Friday was giving the playerbase new Jasons, Maps, and Counselors for free. (I kind of wonder if Uber and Grendel would've broken that trend though) When you think about it, that's another Pro for Friday and con for DBD. Never had to fork out extra cash to make Friday somewhat interesting.

Yeah they spend more on those registration of Licensed characters than on bugs and new stuff for the playerbase I get it's just popular but the community is always toxic and begging for things.

Like no bots? No offline mode? Nothing to really bring you back.

I will admit their Killers are all unique and some are generic as hell but even then some killers don't fit right specific maps and etc.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Age : 74
Gender : Male
Posts : 330
Join Date : 2017-06-24
Location : Camp Crystal Lake

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Opinion About Friday the 13th Vs Dead by Daylight Empty Re: Opinion About Friday the 13th Vs Dead by Daylight

Post by Fair Play November 21st 2020, 12:06 am

I enjoyed things about each game. Overall, I had more fun with F13 than DBD. With a decent lobby, F13 played out like the end of a movie.

I personally think that F13 will pave the way for future games of a similar nature, each with a well known slasher at the helm.

Fair Play
Town Resident
Town Resident

Gender : Male
Posts : 37
Join Date : 2020-11-04
Location : In the mancave

OCT 31 1978 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Opinion About Friday the 13th Vs Dead by Daylight Empty Re: Opinion About Friday the 13th Vs Dead by Daylight

Post by OCT 31 1978 November 21st 2020, 1:40 pm

@Fair Play wrote:I enjoyed things about each game. Overall, I had more fun with F13 than DBD. With a decent lobby, F13 played out like the end of a movie.

I personally think that F13 will pave the way for future games of a similar nature, each with a well known slasher at the helm.


I really hope so!!
I would have figured by now a few more games would have at least started development on them.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
Hiker
Hiker

Gender : Male
Posts : 56
Join Date : 2020-11-03

Back to top Go down

Opinion About Friday the 13th Vs Dead by Daylight Empty Re: Opinion About Friday the 13th Vs Dead by Daylight

Post by Fair Play November 21st 2020, 6:40 pm

@OCT 31 1978 wrote:I really hope so!!
I would have figured by now a few more games would have at least started development on them.

I would thought so as well.

Fair Play
Town Resident
Town Resident

Gender : Male
Posts : 37
Join Date : 2020-11-04
Location : In the mancave

Back to top Go down

Opinion About Friday the 13th Vs Dead by Daylight Empty Re: Opinion About Friday the 13th Vs Dead by Daylight

Post by Jason Voorhees November 22nd 2020, 6:19 am

@Fair Play wrote:I enjoyed things about each game. Overall, I had more fun with F13 than DBD. With a decent lobby, F13 played out like the end of a movie.

I personally think that F13 will pave the way for future games of a similar nature, each with a well known slasher at the helm.

Honestly I can't wait for more Slasher games (even tho Friday will be my absolute favorite!)
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Age : 74
Gender : Male
Posts : 330
Join Date : 2017-06-24
Location : Camp Crystal Lake

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum