Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2022 Film)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2022 Film Empty Re: Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2022 Film)

Post by William Munny June 10th 2022, 4:47 am

It was garbage.

The conniption fits over seeing a Confederate flag in a Texas ghost town were vomit inducing.

Why bring that crap into your film?

I was surprised to see Elsie Fisher in this. From Eighth Grade to this?!? The rest of the cast unlikeable and that whole "Influencers" thing was beyond lame.

I had went into this blind so I had no idea that Sally was coming back. Threw me for a loop as I thought it was another remake/reboot.

At this low point I don't think it matters anymore whether these movies are sequels or remakes. Very little thought is actually put into them.

Will Munny : That's right.
William Munny
William Munny
Town Resident
Town Resident

http://www.gnrevolution.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 June 10th 2022, 11:17 pm

William Munny wrote:It was garbage.

The conniption fits over seeing a Confederate flag in a Texas ghost town were vomit inducing.

Why bring that crap into your film?

I was surprised to see Elsie Fisher in this. From Eighth Grade to this?!? The rest of the cast unlikeable and that whole "Influencers" thing was beyond lame.

I had went into this blind so I had no idea that Sally was coming back. Threw me for a loop as I thought it was another remake/reboot.

At this low point I don't think it matters anymore whether these movies are sequels or remakes. Very little thought is actually put into them.

No worries mate, if you didn’t like it to each their own.
I thought the special effects and Leatherface himself were done pretty well.

And the issue with the Flag in my opinion was incredibly well handled it showed that LeatherFaces’ caretaker had that Flag up for non-racist reasons that it has a history other than what some people today are trying to make it.

And in “Texas” we don’t want to be told what to do by anyone.

Also having the characters influencers and coming off as annoying know it all pricks made their deaths all the more satisfying…. Especially when you realize that they were in the wrong trying to take that Ladies home / property out from under her.

This is just my opinion but I really think the film makers were trying their hardest to make a statement about today’s culture and social structure…. Where instead of helping or doing something to help someone in trouble “we” pick up a phone and video record it instead for views or Instagram popularity.

They even go out of their way with Sally’s return to show she wasn’t important to LeatherFace she was obsessed with him dying and knowing it was because of what he took and did to her back in 1974 but he doesn’t even remember her or if he does he doesn’t show it he attacks her because she attacked him first and is stopping him from killing the people he believes are responsible for the death of the only “family” he had left…..her obsession with him is her own down fall in the end…

Anyway obviously I am defending the movie more than I should because it does have some weak moments throughout but also has some really great stuff in it that trumps a few of the other sequels in this convoluted Franchise that’s for sure.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

I'm Not a Goalie likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees June 12th 2022, 10:08 am

Personally it has bad moments but it doesnt ruin the overall.

The confederate flag scene yeah didnt need to be explored same as the school shooting scene because to me these werent established before...it could have been done via flashbacks but they werent.

Overall I like me a body count and thats what it delivered.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum