Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2022 Film)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2022 Film Empty Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2022 Film)

Post by Jason Voorhees February 4th 2022, 8:18 pm

Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2022 Film Texas-10

Synopsis

After nearly 50 years of hiding, Leatherface returns to terrorize a group of idealistic young friends who accidentally disrupt his carefully shielded world in a remote Texas town.

Official Trailer

My Thoughts

I believe this is the 3rd most recent Texas Chainsaw Massarce film from Texas Chainsaw 3D (2013) and Leatherface (2017)

Alot of people would state "Oh they copied and paste from Halloween 2018!" But forget Halloween 2018 took the formula from Halloween: 20-Years Later or better known as H20, so with that said this doesnt look THAT bad.

I am HOPEFUL they give us what we wanted like with The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003) and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning (2006) and give us proper development of the Character.

Now for a slasher fan like myself, I want a body count, I want that kill count and that gore factor to go up! Not just character development since this is based 50 years after the original.

My concerns is Leatherface Age, as he would be in his late 60s or early 70s, and seeing how they will give him a more Halloween 2018 role, that age doesnt factor for a Slasher which is basically true in some cases but seeing that the difference between The Shape (Michael Myers) and Leatherface is that Michael is more of an almost supernatural force.

I hope to see the return of a Mallet/Hammer type melee not just the iconic Chainsaw we know and love! Seeing if Leatherface has or had changed his killing methods would also be amazing!

If this is "Truly" set in the modern era, we should expect more inexperience combat, we shouldnt see "teenagers" with some automatic adept or trained fightning experience unless and yes I do say UNLESS its established that the character in question has the background of lets say Boxer, Military, or Mix Martial Arts (MMA) this would make sense for me than just a bunch of Teenagers who could beat up a 6 ft+ man with a chainsaw.

I have my hopes up that this film would be both watchable and rewatchable and not just a "Oh it was ok." And never have replayability for us horror fans.

And I do hope if it does good we get a sequel that ends his reign as the butcher of Texas.

So what is your thoughts on this new entry into the TCM Franchise produced by Netflix?
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2022 Film Empty Re: Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2022 Film)

Post by OCT 31 1978 February 5th 2022, 5:45 pm

I can’t wait to watch this, the trailer was pretty good but what sold me was the kids on the bus videoing LeatherFace with their Phones and saying we are going to get you canceled……
And he goes Apeshit with the chainsaw on them. Lol
Super excited can’t wait for its release.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm Not a Goalie February 5th 2022, 7:19 pm

I'd give it a chance if I had the service, but the Netflix part scares me. Netflix is one of the front-runners in Media right now for all this checkbox mandate over quality crap, 'fixing' classic franchises for modern audiences, or in other words, to please the twenty idiots on twitter who are always screaming about this crap, and giving platforms to bad faith performers who are only interested in pushing their ideological agendas.

To be fair, Netflix does have a few shows/movies on the platform that do meet their mandates without being suffocatingly political, so maybe there is hope for this film and the trailer isn't just another bait and switch and we find ourselves getting preached too or shamed for liking this kind of entertainment for ninety minutes, or watch as they turn Leather Face into some unsubtle representation of 'Toxic Masculinity' or the 'Patriarchy'.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

OCT 31 1978 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees February 5th 2022, 9:09 pm

OCT 31 1978 wrote:I can’t wait to watch this, the trailer was pretty good but what sold me was the kids on the bus videoing LeatherFace with their Phones and saying we are going to get you canceled……
And he goes Apeshit with the chainsaw on them. Lol
Super excited can’t wait for its release.
That scene caught me off-guard not gonna lie! I hope to see a Murder spree!

I'm Not a Goalie wrote:I'd give it a chance if I had the service, but the Netflix part scares me. Netflix is one of the front-runners in Media right now for all this checkbox mandate over quality crap, 'fixing' classic franchises for modern audiences, or in other words, to please the twenty idiots on twitter who are always screaming about this crap, and giving platforms to bad faith performers who are only interested in pushing their ideological agendas.

To be fair, Netflix does have a few shows/movies on the platform that do meet their mandates without being suffocatingly political, so maybe there is hope for this film and the trailer isn't just another bait and switch and we find ourselves getting preached too or shamed for liking this kind of entertainment for ninety minutes, or watch as they turn Leather Face into some unsubtle representation of 'Toxic Masculinity' or the 'Patriarchy'.
Trust me I hate politics when it isnt needed, and when its being brought to us the way some of these programs do it comes off as pandering or not even being self-aware of the social issues and how to make them functionally work.

If they want us to be engaged into horror films they need to take from the classics and not the sequels.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 February 5th 2022, 9:51 pm

I'm Not a Goalie wrote:I'd give it a chance if I had the service, but the Netflix part scares me. Netflix is one of the front-runners in Media right now for all this checkbox mandate over quality crap, 'fixing' classic franchises for modern audiences, or in other words, to please the twenty idiots on twitter who are always screaming about this crap, and giving platforms to bad faith performers who are only interested in pushing their ideological agendas.

Very well said….. I am hopeful that because this new film was picked up for distribution for Netflix and they weren’t actually responsible for the writing and directing of this feature we will get something more in line with old school Horror without any forced in agendas.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

I'm Not a Goalie likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 February 20th 2022, 8:26 am

Ok who watched this!!!
It is definitely not the best it the series and had some very crappy dialogue but those kills and the underlining plot loved it !!
…..lol
It seemed like the whole point of this movie, was to show you that the new Generation Zers can’t mind their own business, their ideals and lack of ability to handle anything that doesn’t require a Phone will get them massacred lol. And boy did LeatherFace do that.
They can't fight with cell phones and trying to cancel someone or something won't save them.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by SonofOdin6039 February 21st 2022, 9:36 am

I watched it yesterday. It was actually pretty good overall. The bus scene with all the millennials doing him was a funny, yet probably accurate situation. I had a few questions on it but for the most part enjoyed it
SonofOdin6039
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Fair Play February 22nd 2022, 12:02 am

Adding this movie to my watchlist.
Fair Play
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 February 26th 2022, 6:45 pm

Fair Play wrote:Adding this movie to my watchlist.

Did you get a chance to see it yet?
Let us know your thoughts!
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees February 27th 2022, 4:52 am

I am planning on making a whole seperate review of my personal views about it soon its gonna be detailed and be both unbiased and fair to the film.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonfire82877 March 11th 2022, 5:54 am

I watched it, and for the most part really enjoyed it. The bus scene was hilarious. The only thing that got cancelled was the mindless morons with their phones. The “big showdown” was kind of a let down. Expected more from that. Ended it very 70’s-80’s horror style though. I wouldn’t say it was great, but it was very well made and very enjoyable to watch.
Dragonfire82877
Dragonfire82877
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

OCT 31 1978 and I'm Not a Goalie also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 March 11th 2022, 3:00 pm

Dragonfire82877 wrote:I watched it, and for the most part really enjoyed it. The bus scene was hilarious. The only thing that got cancelled was the mindless morons with their phones. The “big showdown” was kind of a let down. Expected more from that. Ended it very 70’s-80’s horror style though. I wouldn’t say it was great, but it was very well made and very enjoyable to watch.

I Agree 100% brother!! Very entertaining I absolutely loved it!!!
The look of LeatherFace was creepy and truly horrific ( I made a custom Neca figure based on his new Look and posted it on Figurerealm.com and in the Gallery section of this forum check it out when you have a second.)

The Big Show down definitely didn’t live up to the build up but it almost feels intentional….. like the makers were making the statement that it’s not about you the story is about LeatherFace he is the star…… at least that’s how it came across to me.especially with him throwing her in a trash pile after gutting her with his chainsaw.
I loved the bus scene and the special effects used in this movie it’s in my top 3.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Dragonfire82877 and I'm Not a Goalie also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonfire82877 March 11th 2022, 3:05 pm

OCT 31 1978 wrote:
Dragonfire82877 wrote:I watched it, and for the most part really enjoyed it. The bus scene was hilarious. The only thing that got cancelled was the mindless morons with their phones. The “big showdown” was kind of a let down. Expected more from that. Ended it very 70’s-80’s horror style though. I wouldn’t say it was great, but it was very well made and very enjoyable to watch.

The look of LeatherFace was creepy and truly horrific ( I made a custom Neca figure based on his new Look and posted it on Figurerealm.com and in the Gallery section of this forum check it out when you have a second.)

The Big Show down definitely didn’t live up to the build up but it almost feels intentional….. like the makers were making the statement that it’s not about you the story is about LeatherFace he is the star…… at least that’s how it came across to me.especially with him throwing her in a trash pile after gutting her with his chainsaw.
I loved the bus scene and the special effect used in this movie it’s in my top 3.

WOW! That's all I can say about that custom. It looks like a screen grab from the movie man! How do you not do this for a living? NECA needs you on their team. Hell, NECA needs to hire you to lead their team.
Dragonfire82877
Dragonfire82877
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 March 11th 2022, 3:23 pm

Dragonfire82877 wrote:
OCT 31 1978 wrote:

I loved the bus scene and the special effect used in this movie it’s in my top 3.

WOW! That's all I can say about that custom. It looks like a screen grab from the movie man! How do you not do this for a living? NECA needs you on their team. Hell, NECA needs to hire you to lead their team.

Thanks man I truly appreciate the compliment!! Neca kills it with their Figures the paint / sculpting always Fantastic….all I do is tweak them with different paint or extra sculpt work I have been fortunate that most of my projects have come out as well as they have so far
I am planning another Neca LeatherFace as well I want to do the pretty lady mask from the end of the original movie, I think that could be very cool Looking.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm Not a Goalie March 12th 2022, 3:33 pm

Finally got to watch this myself and I really enjoyed it. It wasn't just the case of a movie outperforming my relatively low expectations either, I really did have fun with this one. Not sure why the audience score on Rotten Tomatoes was so low, but whatever...

My only two minor knit picks... I too didn't care for the 'Showdown Scene'. In fact, I think it would've been better if the film hadn't included this subplot at all. It felt forced... Like the creators saw Halloween 2018's success and now everyone thinks you have to bring back old established characters to help get old school fans invested. Scream is doing it too... Sometimes it works, and this is one of those cases where it didn't. It doesn't help that Sally's original actress is no longer with us, or that Sally herself just isn't quite as iconic as Laurie Strode... Or that Jamie Lee Curtis went on to be a mega-star in her own right, so it's not hard to tell why one works and the other falls flat.

I also couldn't get invested in Lila's mass-shooting PTSD subplot... I get what they were trying to do, but this subplot just didn't work for me. Probably because we all know that if a 'gun' was enough to put down Leatherface, he wouldn't be an iconic character still around after almost 50 years, so Lila getting over her fear of guns was never going to amount to much in the end.

Not a perfect movie by any means, but a fun watch and something we need more of nowadays. There aren't a lot films being released anymore that are just meant to be fun and entertaining.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees March 19th 2022, 11:28 am

I'm Not a Goalie wrote:Finally got to watch this myself and I really enjoyed it. It wasn't just the case of a movie outperforming my relatively low expectations either, I really did have fun with this one. Not sure why the audience score on Rotten Tomatoes was so low, but whatever...

My only two minor knit picks... I too didn't care for the 'Showdown Scene'. In fact, I think it would've been better if the film hadn't included this subplot at all. It felt forced... Like the creators saw Halloween 2018's success and now everyone thinks you have to bring back old established characters to help get old school fans invested. Scream is doing it too... Sometimes it works, and this is one of those cases where it didn't.  It doesn't help that Sally's original actress is no longer with us, or that Sally herself just isn't quite as iconic as Laurie Strode... Or that Jamie Lee Curtis went on to be a mega-star in her own right, so it's not hard to tell why one works and the other falls flat.

I also couldn't get invested in Lila's mass-shooting PTSD subplot... I get what they were trying to do, but this subplot just didn't work for me. Probably because we all know that if a 'gun' was enough to put down Leatherface, he wouldn't be an iconic character still around after almost 50 years, so Lila getting over her fear of guns was never going to amount to much in the end.

Not a perfect movie by any means, but a fun watch and something we need more of nowadays. There aren't a lot films being released anymore that are just meant to be fun and entertaining.
I'm happy you enjoyed it!

But yeah the Mass-School Shooting PTSD sub-plot should have honestly been the 1st thing they should have shown to give us some character development for here instead of doing it about 10-15 minutes into the actual film.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 March 20th 2022, 11:13 am

Jason Voorhees wrote:
I'm Not a Goalie wrote:Finally got to watch this myself and I really enjoyed it. It wasn't just the case of a movie outperforming my relatively low expectations either, I really did have fun with this one. Not sure why the audience score on Rotten Tomatoes was so low, but whatever...

My only two minor knit picks... I too didn't care for the 'Showdown Scene'. In fact, I think it would've been better if the film hadn't included this subplot at all. It felt forced... Like the creators saw Halloween 2018's success and now everyone thinks you have to bring back old established characters to help get old school fans invested. Scream is doing it too... Sometimes it works, and this is one of those cases where it didn't.  It doesn't help that Sally's original actress is no longer with us, or that Sally herself just isn't quite as iconic as Laurie Strode... Or that Jamie Lee Curtis went on to be a mega-star in her own right, so it's not hard to tell why one works and the other falls flat.

I'm happy you enjoyed it!

But yeah the Mass-School Shooting PTSD sub-plot should have honestly been the 1st thing they should have shown to give us some character development for here instead of doing it about 10-15 minutes into the actual film.

I wouldn’t have minded an expansion of this plot thread but I kinda like how they executed it in the film as is….
The movie is fast paced and keeps the focus on Texas Chainsaw Massacre From the beginning with the documentary and the gas station shops memorabilia for sale……the movie then shows that Mel is against Guns when insulting Richter about the Handgun he is carrying…..you then are shown Lila has a scar in the car ride towards Harlow that clearly bothers her, she then picks up the M16 in Richters shop and we are shown in a flash of what she has been through and told about the school shooting she survived…..
This is a very smart way to incorporate that theme it allows the viewer to fill in more story elements based on the viewers possible experience or inexperiences to this very real life problem of school shooting incidents in todays society…..(shit my kids school just recently had to do an evacuation because a rumor that a gun may have been on campus was heard)…..this story element cuts very deeply and rings very true today and the use of it as a story element in the Franchise was handled very classy in my opinion it showed the horror of that type of situation without taking advantage of what that violence could look like on film. and The way it was done keeps the film’s focus pushing forward and on Texas Chainsaw while giving you more info about the character and their reasoning for wanting to leave their homes and start somewhere new….while still keeping the focus on that these kids are about to go through much worse in the situation they are in now.

OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulbait70 May 23rd 2022, 6:00 pm

I just discovered this forum today so forgive me for bumping an older thread.

To be a straight-to-Netflix movie I thought it was pretty good. I was expecting absolutely nothing. The TCM franchise is literally all over the place when it comes to consistency and quality. There were some things I didn't like about this but overall I thought it was solid. Biggest gripe was copying Halloween 2018 and bring back Sally and treat her the way they did.

I am curious to see if there will be a sequel.
Soulbait70
Soulbait70
Camper
Camper

OCT 31 1978 and I'm Not a Goalie also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm Not a Goalie May 27th 2022, 12:34 pm

Just out of curiosity, with all the talk about F13 timelines, has anyone tried to make one for TCM? I made an attempt at it once, but after suffering my third stroke trying to figure out this hot mess, I had to give it up... With all the remakes, remakes to remakes, prequels of remakes, retcons, retcons to retcons, and sequels with tenuous connections to their predecessors at best... And a weird prequel that basically ignored everything we've come to know about Leather's backstory, this series is an absolute clusterfuck of continuity. An often fun cluster, but total dumpster fire none-the-less.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

Soulbait70 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulbait70 May 27th 2022, 1:27 pm

I'm Not a Goalie wrote:Just out of curiosity, with all the talk about F13 timelines, has anyone tried to make one for TCM? I made an attempt at it once, but after suffering my third stroke trying to figure out this hot mess, I had to give it up... With all the remakes, remakes to remakes, prequels of remakes, retcons, retcons to retcons, and sequels with tenuous connections to their predecessors at best... And a weird prequel that basically ignored everything we've come to know about Leather's backstory, this series is an absolute clusterfuck of continuity. An often fun cluster, but total dumpster fire none-the-less.

Here is noble attempt.

https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a39107681/texas-chainsaw-massacre-timeline-films-explained/
Soulbait70
Soulbait70
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees May 27th 2022, 7:03 pm

Soulbait70 wrote:
I'm Not a Goalie wrote:Just out of curiosity, with all the talk about F13 timelines, has anyone tried to make one for TCM? I made an attempt at it once, but after suffering my third stroke trying to figure out this hot mess, I had to give it up... With all the remakes, remakes to remakes, prequels of remakes, retcons, retcons to retcons, and sequels with tenuous connections to their predecessors at best... And a weird prequel that basically ignored everything we've come to know about Leather's backstory, this series is an absolute clusterfuck of continuity. An often fun cluster, but total dumpster fire none-the-less.

Here is noble attempt.

https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a39107681/texas-chainsaw-massacre-timeline-films-explained/

Hell yeah!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 May 27th 2022, 8:23 pm

Texas Chainsaw time line ? lol.
Like Halloween this is another Franchise that’s all over the place
With a few reboots and a remake and sequel to it…

I consider LeatherFace 3 and Regeneration as reboots…

OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees May 27th 2022, 9:12 pm

OCT 31 1978 wrote:Texas Chainsaw time line ? lol.
Like Halloween this is another Franchise that’s all over the place
With a few reboots and a remake and sequel to it…

I consider LeatherFace 3 and Regeneration as reboots…
I'm sure Generations was a soft-reboot.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulbait70 May 28th 2022, 10:22 am

Leatherface and Next Generation both had entirely different families from the first two so you pretty much have three different timelines in the first four films. Once you get to the remakes and all the prequels, it's a mess. That site I linked is the best attempt to map it out that I've seen.
Soulbait70
Soulbait70
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees June 1st 2022, 6:55 pm

Soulbait70 wrote:Leatherface and Next Generation both had entirely different families from the first two so you pretty much have three different timelines in the first four films. Once you get to the remakes and all the prequels, it's a mess. That site I linked is the best attempt to map it out that I've seen.

Agreed! Thank you for sharing!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum