Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halloween III thought

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Halloween III thought Empty Halloween III thought

Post by SonofOdin6039 September 22nd 2021, 10:10 am

I've been thinking about this for years and just now thought to make it public...did the front office workers at Silver Shamrock know what Cochran was up to or were they blissfully ignorant of his plans to kill all those kids? I've wondered about that for years lol
SonofOdin6039
Second Class
Second Class

Trekapedia likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Halloween III thought Empty Re: Halloween III thought

Post by Trekapedia September 23rd 2021, 1:07 am

I always thought they were under some sort of mind control. Either that or they were robots too.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

OCT 31 1978 and SonofOdin6039 also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 September 23rd 2021, 7:29 am

Yeah, I don’t think Cochran would allow anyone who didn’t know what his over arching plans were into his operation, so I figure they are all robots or in on it.

Evil F**k. Lol
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

SonofOdin6039 and Trekapedia also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees September 23rd 2021, 6:08 pm

Honestly...robots and etc was weird for me lol! mind control? seems likely but I take Halloween III as a separate universe and not part of the franchise so I just call it Season of the Witch without the Halloween III title in front of it personally.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia September 23rd 2021, 9:22 pm

Yeah people have asked why they didn’t just release it without the Halloween III part and it may have done better. The only problem with that is Season of The Witch is a copy written or trademarked title so they had to put the Halloween III part on there.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees September 23rd 2021, 9:39 pm

Trekapedia wrote:Yeah people have asked why they didn’t just release it without the Halloween III part and it may have done better. The only problem with that is Season of The Witch is a copy written or trademarked title so they had to put the Halloween III part on there.

Thats honestly saddening to even hear.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

ThePunisher and Trekapedia also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by SonofOdin6039 September 23rd 2021, 10:08 pm

Even Mustafa Akkad said it was a good movie that should have been released as Season of the Witch instead of Halloween. The reason it was attached to the Halloween franchise was because they envisioned an anthology series with different stories. I like to think that the stone used in the masks were infected with the same evil as Michael, linking them together. Both Part 3 and Part 6 used astrology and planetary alignment as a plot line
SonofOdin6039
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm Not a Goalie September 24th 2021, 2:46 am

SonofOdin6039 wrote:Even Mustafa Akkad said it was a good movie that should have been released as Season of the Witch instead of Halloween. The reason it was attached to the Halloween franchise was because they envisioned an anthology series with different stories. I like to think that the stone used in the masks were infected with the same evil as Michael, linking them together. Both Part 3 and Part 6 used astrology and planetary alignment as a plot line

While I'll always prefer that the franchise went back to Michael, I'll always be curious to see where the anthology route might've gone. The franchise kind of screwed the pooch on that idea though when they decided to make Part 2 a continuation of the first film. You can't have two movies focused on the same three core characters and then suddenly decide now we're going to go the anthology route. It was too late by this point, Halloween and Myers were now synonymous with one another, and any deviation from this formula wasn't going to be received well, resulting in a decent movie getting undeservingly blacklisted. If you wanted to do an anthology series, Season of the Witch should really have been P2, and it would've been interesting to see if the idea would've been received differently if their intentions were clear from the beginning. You could've always revisited the Myers story later on, so Michael didn't necessarily have to be a one-and-done either.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

OCT 31 1978, SonofOdin6039 and Trekapedia also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by SonofOdin6039 September 24th 2021, 10:03 am

That's true and what's weird is that Friday the 13th didn't learn from that when they tried to go in a different direction with Part 5, New Beginning. I get that it had to be attached to F13, but deviating from the tried and true formula tends to create resistance. But I rather did like them both either wY
SonofOdin6039
Second Class
Second Class

I'm Not a Goalie and Trekapedia also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm Not a Goalie September 24th 2021, 12:50 pm

SonofOdin6039 wrote:That's true and what's weird is that Friday the 13th didn't learn from that when they tried to go in a different direction with Part 5, New Beginning. I get that it had to be attached to F13, but deviating from the tried and true formula tends to create resistance. But I rather did like them both either wY

This is just an assumption on my part, but nobody flinched when P2 shifted from Pamela to Jason, and not too many people complained when Jason had radically differen't looks in each movie, so maybe the studio felt that the mantle of Jason, represented by the mask, was more important than the character himself and thus the fans would accept anyone behind said mask. Either that or they felt backed into a corner since they definitively killed off Jason in P4. Until Part 6, the series did seem to make a conscious effort to avoid any supernatural elements outside of dream sequences... With the ironic exception of Jason's uncanny ability to cheat death. I guess they figured there was no coming back from having your ass handed to you by Corey Feldman. This is another assumption, but I like to pretend they chose a mask with blue markings for Roy instead of the red ones as a subtle nod that this wasn't actually Jason.

Either way, Part 5 was the first Friday film I ever saw, the one that got me into the franchise, so I'm always going to feel a certain amount of affection for it. Guiltily, I was one of the fans that wrote off Season of the Witch for years because of all those generic reasons everyone else did, until I started getting into horror content on Youtube and heard several people say it was actually a good movie if you could get passed the fact that it was a Halloween film without Michael Myers in it. I decided to give it a shot, and yeah, it was a decent movie. Sometimes I guess it is better to not let our nostalgia write works of media off without giving them a chance first.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

OCT 31 1978 and Trekapedia also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by SonofOdin6039 September 24th 2021, 3:37 pm

That's a good line of thinking. Having watched F13 from the beginning, I followed it as the Jason Vorhees storyline developed and I sure didn't consider any alternate plot lines. Tom Savini himself has stated he worked on Part 4 to kill off Jason, as they tried to do to Michael in H2. Both franchises realized that branching off hurt them and brought back their respective villains. It's a pity though because the alternate lines had potential, as least in my opinion
SonofOdin6039
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees September 24th 2021, 4:38 pm

SonofOdin6039 wrote:Even Mustafa Akkad said it was a good movie that should have been released as Season of the Witch instead of Halloween.  The reason it was attached to the Halloween franchise was because they envisioned an anthology series with different stories.  I like to think that the stone used in the masks were infected with the same evil as Michael, linking them together.  Both Part 3 and Part 6 used astrology and planetary alignment as a plot line

But in Season of the Witch, Michael/Halloweem 1978 is seen as a work of fiction (within a fiction lol)

And Part 4-6 were all about Magical Cult using Runes and stuff it was all over the place.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 September 24th 2021, 4:49 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:
SonofOdin6039 wrote:Even Mustafa Akkad said it was a good movie that should have been released as Season of the Witch instead of Halloween.  The reason it was attached to the Halloween franchise was because they envisioned an anthology series with different stories.  I like to think that the stone used in the masks were infected with the same evil as Michael, linking them together.  Both Part 3 and Part 6 used astrology and planetary alignment as a plot line

But in Season of the Witch, Michael/Halloweem 1978 is seen as a work of fiction (within a fiction lol)

And Part 4-6 were all about Magical Cult using Runes and stuff it was all over the place.

I love it !! Lol
I know people love to group 4-6 as The Thorn trilogy or Jamie saga or whatever…. But 4 really is just an amazing sequel to Halloween 2 no cult no Thorn….. it had an ending that showed Evil will continue….even if Myers Dies.
The Rune wasn’t introduced till 5 and no one had any idea what to do with it until 6 which honestly in my opinion did the best they could tying Thorn in to the original movie and Halloween II Celtic Samhain and Lord of the Dead references.
Only one thing irritates me about Halloween 6 and it’s the treatment of Jamie’s character….. they should have brought Danielle Harris back and Tommy and Her should have battled Michael at the end having her sacrifice her self to save them if they were going to write her out of the series.

OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by SonofOdin6039 September 24th 2021, 10:55 pm

True they showed an ad for Halloween on TV. I know they weren't thinking of it at the time, but it would have been awesome if they had said something like based on a true story. And the Thorn trilogy had me all confused by Part 6, which really did nothing to relieve the confusion. The ending of Part 4 to me was epic and they should have pursued it further. Then Part 5 came out and I was totally confused about about tattoos on both Michael and the man in black, whom I originally thought was there to help stop Michael. Then everything went to la-la land when Part 6 came out and I kept wondering where the movie was going. And then came H20, to where we find Laurie was alive, which led me to the question of was she aware of Jamie and her granddaughter or what? Sorry, brothers, I think too far into these movies lol
SonofOdin6039
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 September 25th 2021, 12:15 am

Very True these movies are supposed to tell a story but if it’s confusing or has story elements that contradict other movies in the series they aren’t doing their job at entertaining us anymore.

I am glad that I watched a special back in 1998 before I saw H20 in theaters, I don’t remember what station it was on I think SciFi network possibly…..it was a spotlight on the Making of H20 and it explained that that movie was going to ignore everything after H2 and be a sequel to that film otherwise I would have been scratching my head for sure…
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees September 26th 2021, 11:38 pm

Honestly wish Season of the Witch had more explanation with the runtime, to be honest
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fair Play October 1st 2021, 1:35 am

Jason Voorhees wrote:Honestly wish Season of the Witch had more explanation with the runtime, to be honest

That makes two of us.

Season of the Witch was halfway decent.
Fair Play
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Fair Play, SonofOdin6039 and Trekapedia also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees October 1st 2021, 2:41 am

I realized doesnt this belong in the horror section lol.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by SonofOdin6039 October 1st 2021, 10:01 am

My bad if I posted in the wrong section
SonofOdin6039
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees October 3rd 2021, 6:12 am

Its all good! I'll just move it no biggie. Halloween III thought 270a

Halloween III thought Jasonm10Halloween III thought Moved to Horrorverse
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulbait70 May 24th 2022, 4:33 pm

Halloween III is one of my favorite horror movies. I watch it multiple times a year. I think that every one in the town was in on it and if they weren't, they didn't live long. I guess it is also possible that there were many more robots there than we actually saw.
Soulbait70
Soulbait70
Camper
Camper

OCT 31 1978, SonofOdin6039 and Trekapedia also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees May 25th 2022, 6:08 pm

Soulbait70 wrote:Halloween III is one of my favorite horror movies. I watch it multiple times a year. I think that every one in the town was in on it and if they weren't, they didn't live long. I guess it is also possible that there were many more robots there than we actually saw.
Really? I barely ever watched this not because Michael wasn't in it but because it was a very very dialogued film for me as a Horror fan it had an amazing Cast but was slow build for me sadly.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulbait70 May 25th 2022, 9:30 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:
Soulbait70 wrote:Halloween III is one of my favorite horror movies. I watch it multiple times a year. I think that every one in the town was in on it and if they weren't, they didn't live long. I guess it is also possible that there were many more robots there than we actually saw.
Really? I barely ever watched this not because Michael wasn't in it but because it was a very very dialogued film for me as a Horror fan it had an amazing Cast but was slow build for me sadly.

I don't mind a slow burn. I'm not sure what it is about it but I really, really like i.
Soulbait70
Soulbait70
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees May 27th 2022, 8:16 am

Soulbait70 wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:

I don't mind a slow burn. I'm not sure what it is about it but I really, really like i.

I'm happy someone likes it! I might give it a re-try in the future to see if my time have changed for it!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulbait70 May 27th 2022, 10:35 am

Jason Voorhees wrote:
Soulbait70 wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:

I'm happy someone likes it! I might give it a re-try in the future to see if my time have changed for it!

I haven't talked to too many people who are indifferent about it. They seem to love it or hate it. Not many in the middle.
Soulbait70
Soulbait70
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum