Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

camp blood forum

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

camp blood forum - Page 2 Empty Re: camp blood forum

Post by Jason Voorhees December 18th 2021, 11:03 am

@Fair Play wrote:It's always a pleasure to see a forum that will stand the test of time. This forum has plenty of positive members, and that alone will keep it around forever. It also helps to have a committed admin as well.

When we celebrate 20 years here, drinks around the campfire are on me.

I would love a meet up with members and stuff if 20 years does happen! I'll be about 44 or 45 by that time haha.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

View user profile https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees December 18th 2021, 11:04 am

@ThePunisher wrote:I liked that forum, but, at times, there was a strange vibe that made me wonder.  

Care to explore on that strange vibe?
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher December 22nd 2021, 6:31 pm

@Jason Voorhees wrote:
@ThePunisher wrote:I liked that forum, but, at times, there was a strange vibe that made me wonder.  

Well, Kat would be fine for a while then turn on someone without warning. The most innocent, mundane comment would draw anger.

People were banned for nothing. Public acknowledgement of the ban from Kat drew glad handing comments from members with no questions from anyone, even when no obvious cause for banning was seen anywhere in a member's posts.

Most moderators had at least 2000 posts, but one was put in place with less than 40. This particular moderator seemed to serve as Kat's attack dog on certain members. You could see this on the forum posting board. The moderator would send personal messages to members telling them were going to be banned and call them names.

ThePunisher
Hiker
Hiker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 December 22nd 2021, 11:01 pm

@ThePunisher wrote:
@Jason Voorhees wrote:

Well, Kat would be fine for a while then turn on someone without warning.  The most innocent, mundane comment would draw anger.  

People were banned for nothing.  Public acknowledgement of the ban from Kat drew glad handing comments from members with no questions from anyone, even when no obvious cause for banning was seen anywhere in a member's posts.  

Most moderators had at least 2000 posts, but one was put in place with less than 40.  This particular moderator seemed to serve as Kat's attack dog on certain members.  You could see this on the forum posting board.  The moderator would send personal messages to members telling them were going to be banned and call them names.  

Sounds like a Terrible place to me….. I never made it on to that forum but as fans we should be able to express our opinions or ideas without the fear of being attacked….. others might not agree with said opinions or ideas but being able to converse with fellow fans is what keeps these Franchises so popular…..I love hearing other people’s points of view and what they like or don’t like discussing things in an echo chamber isn’t fun at all.

Last edited by OCT 31 1978 on December 23rd 2021, 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
Second Class
Second Class

View user profile

Trekapedia likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees December 23rd 2021, 5:16 am

@Fair Play wrote:It's always a pleasure to see a forum that will stand the test of time. This forum has plenty of positive members, and that alone will keep it around forever. It also helps to have a committed admin as well.

When we celebrate 20 years here, drinks around the campfire are on me.

Then lets goooo and I am only 25 yrs old so Ima be here for a LONG time.
Hmmm in what way?
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum