Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

do you agree pt 2 is basically te same as pt 1

Go down

do you agree pt 2 is basically te same as pt 1 Empty do you agree pt 2 is basically te same as pt 1

Post by jasn88cubs July 5th 2024, 10:16 am

I have seen some people say pt 2 is too similar to pt 1 and it hurts 2 because it's really not that much different

Do you agree?
avatar
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Posts : 658
Join Date : 2020-08-06

Back to top Go down

do you agree pt 2 is basically te same as pt 1 Empty Re: do you agree pt 2 is basically te same as pt 1

Post by ThePunisher July 5th 2024, 1:34 pm

jasn88cubs wrote:I have seen some people say pt 2 is too similar to pt 1 and it hurts 2 because it's really not that much different

Do you agree?

You could say a lot of movies (especially slasher movies) are similar, particularly when a formula is involved. Someone once told me part 3 was " the same old stuff".

I like the movies, even if they are a bit formula oriented, because even if they ARE alike, they're still different and decent for what they are.
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Age : 56
Gender : Male
Posts : 1149
Join Date : 2021-06-06
Location : Camp Crystal Lake

jasn88cubs, I'm Not a Goalie and Trekapedia also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

do you agree pt 2 is basically te same as pt 1 Empty Re: do you agree pt 2 is basically te same as pt 1

Post by Trekapedia July 12th 2024, 12:50 am

I like that it’s similar to the original. I get some people think it’s too much like it, but it is a sequel and they wanted to introduce Jason as the main villain. So it felt similar but they tried very hard to make it Jason’s movie too.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

Age : 44
Gender : Male
Posts : 449
Join Date : 2021-06-27
Location : Arizona

Back to top Go down

do you agree pt 2 is basically te same as pt 1 Empty Re: do you agree pt 2 is basically te same as pt 1

Post by Jason Voorhees July 12th 2024, 5:43 am

Yeah, I can't see them as the same, the themes and plot were by far different.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Age : 78
Gender : Male
Posts : 2288
Join Date : 2017-06-24
Location : Camp Crystal Lake

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

do you agree pt 2 is basically te same as pt 1 Empty Re: do you agree pt 2 is basically te same as pt 1

Post by ThePunisher July 12th 2024, 5:48 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:Yeah, I can't see them as the same, the themes and plot were by far different.

But aren't the themes " Don't smoke dope, have premarital sex and be a bad teenager"?
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Age : 56
Gender : Male
Posts : 1149
Join Date : 2021-06-06
Location : Camp Crystal Lake

Back to top Go down

do you agree pt 2 is basically te same as pt 1 Empty Re: do you agree pt 2 is basically te same as pt 1

Post by Jason Voorhees July 13th 2024, 8:37 pm

ThePunisher wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:Yeah, I can't see them as the same, the themes and plot were by far different.

But aren't the themes " Don't smoke dope, have premarital sex and be a bad teenager"?

You can perceive that yes, but I think the themes were far different.

Friday the 13th 1980 theme felt more like a Mother's Rage or a Parents Loss, it showed that a Mother's love can also be a Mother's ultimate weapon.

Friday the 13th Part 2 Theme? It felt more like a Son's rage but also a Family Legacy, it was more about Jason keeping that legacy of having Crystal Lake closed off, as we already know he got revenge for his mother with Alice, so killing was all he had left.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Age : 78
Gender : Male
Posts : 2288
Join Date : 2017-06-24
Location : Camp Crystal Lake

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

do you agree pt 2 is basically te same as pt 1 Empty Re: do you agree pt 2 is basically te same as pt 1

Post by ThePunisher July 14th 2024, 7:30 am

Jason Voorhees wrote:
ThePunisher wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:Yeah, I can't see them as the same, the themes and plot were by far different.

But aren't the themes " Don't smoke dope, have premarital sex and be a bad teenager"?

You can perceive that yes, but I think the themes were far different.

Friday the 13th 1980 theme felt more like a Mother's Rage or a Parents Loss, it showed that a Mother's love can also be a Mother's ultimate weapon.

Friday the 13th Part 2 Theme? It felt more like a Son's rage but also a Family Legacy, it was more about Jason keeping that legacy of having Crystal Lake closed off, as we already know he got revenge for his mother with Alice, so killing was all he had left.

Since killing really WAS all he had left, that really rules out speed dating and other social events. H wasn't going far fro that shack unless he was checking for trespassing teenagers.
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Age : 56
Gender : Male
Posts : 1149
Join Date : 2021-06-06
Location : Camp Crystal Lake

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum