Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a Violent Nature

Go down

In a Violent Nature Empty In a Violent Nature

Post by ThePunisher June 5th 2024, 5:34 pm

This movie has been cited by critics as the direction any new Friday the 13th movies should take.

Johnny is an undead killer brought back to life by meddling college students. He remembers life as a boy, and in one scene, he's seen playing with a toy truck.

Should Jason relive his childhood while chasing victims?
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

In a Violent Nature Empty Re: In a Violent Nature

Post by I'm Not a Goalie June 7th 2024, 2:30 am

Ah, I'm not too sure about that. People wigged out over Jason setting traps and keeping a prisoner in the reboot, so I can only imagine how they'd react if he's suddenly reliving his childhood. There's already elements of that in some of the movies anyway. It's probably best they leave the character alone. Slasher Villains are one of those rare class of characters that actually benefit from not having a lot of character development. The general rule seems to be the less we know about them the better, as attempts to development them further actually feel detrimental. (Curse of Thorne, Jason suddenly afraid of water, weird NOES dream demons, etc.)

I'm not sure about this film... I was excited about it at first, but I've been hearing a lot of negative things about it. Plus, whenever critics give horror movies good reviews, that always makes me nervous, especially on Rotten Tomatoes.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees June 7th 2024, 10:54 am

I'll try to give this movie a watch but in way should a Friday the 13th movie be like another slasher that's just weird for me when people say that lol.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher June 8th 2024, 9:44 am

I'm Not a Goalie wrote:Ah, I'm not too sure about that. People wigged out over Jason setting traps and keeping a prisoner in the reboot, so I can only imagine how they'd react if he's suddenly reliving his childhood. There's already elements of that in some of the movies anyway. It's probably best they leave the character alone. Slasher Villains are one of those rare class of characters that actually benefit from not having a lot of character development. The general rule seems to be the less we know about them the better, as attempts to development them further actually feel detrimental. (Curse of Thorne, Jason suddenly afraid of water, weird NOES dream demons, etc.)

I'm not sure about this film... I was excited about it at first, but I've been hearing a lot of negative things about it. Plus, whenever critics give horror movies good reviews, that always makes me nervous, especially on Rotten Tomatoes.

I NEVER listen to critics. And you're right about this.
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher June 8th 2024, 9:46 am

Jason Voorhees wrote:I'll try to give this movie a watch but in way should a Friday the 13th movie be like another slasher that's just weird for me when people say that lol.

Slashers seem to be pretty similar, at least in terms of a general formula and disposable characters, but, the villian should be his own unique brand.
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum