Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Friday the 13th Canon

Go down

Official Friday the 13th Canon Empty Official Friday the 13th Canon

Post by Jason Voorhees June 1st 2024, 6:24 am

This thread is used for comments and questions relating to my Official Canon article! This way fans and or new fans of the series can ask me questions relating to canon and non-canon related topics!

The Article is here: Friday the 13th Canon Article
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Official Friday the 13th Canon Empty Re: Official Friday the 13th Canon

Post by ThePunisher June 1st 2024, 12:53 pm

I've seen where people use the first 4 movies as canon. What's your opinion on that?
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees June 2nd 2024, 2:56 pm

ThePunisher wrote:I've seen where people use the first 4 movies as canon.  What's your opinion on that?

That would be ofcourse their own perspective but it wouldn't be at all factual lol.

It like saying Halloween 1 (aka Original) is the only true canon which isn't true and that series had actual different timelines.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher June 2nd 2024, 3:54 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:
ThePunisher wrote:I've seen where people use the first 4 movies as canon.  What's your opinion on that?

That would be ofcourse their own perspective but it wouldn't be at all factual lol.

It like saying Halloween 1 (aka Original) is the only true canon which isn't true and that series had actual different timelines.

Here's something funny I heard - you're entitled to your own opinion but not the facts.
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

I'm Not a Goalie likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm Not a Goalie June 2nd 2024, 5:38 pm

ThePunisher wrote:I've seen where people use the first 4 movies as canon. What's your opinion on that?

That would fall under hand cannon in my opinion. You can't pick and choose and which movies are part of the cannon based on whether you like them or not. If all twelve films are connected in an interlocking timeline, they're all canon to the movie timeline... So yeah, Crystal Lake is apparently connected to the ocean, and the Necronomican exists in the F13th movie-verse whether I like it or not... (And I don't, lol)
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm Not a Goalie June 2nd 2024, 5:41 pm

ThePunisher wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:

Here's something funny I heard - you're entitled to your own opinion but not the facts.

Indeed, but it doesn't stop people from creating new 'facts' every day. And sadly that mentality has bled into almost every aspect of the human zeitgeist.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm Not a Goalie June 2nd 2024, 6:36 pm

Out of curiosity, how would you classify the reboot? Personally, I classify it as Cannon to the F13 franchise, but obviously not to the original 12 films. It's not secondary cannon, the movie was its own thing that was theoretically hoping to spawn its own line of sequels, thus it exists on an island in its own universe, I'm just not sure what to call it...

Kind of like how Halloween has four different Timelines, all cannon to the Halloween Franchise, but most of the movies aren't canon or linked to a lot of the other films in the franchise.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees June 3rd 2024, 2:35 am

I'm Not a Goalie wrote:

That would fall under hand cannon in my opinion. You can't pick and choose and which movies are part of the cannon based on whether you like them or not. If all twelve films are connected in an interlocking timeline, they're all canon to the movie timeline... So yeah, Crystal Lake is apparently connected to the ocean, and the Necronomican exists in the F13th movie-verse whether I like it or not... (And I don't, lol)

Correct its headcanon!

Ans the Necronomicon being connected? Naaah easter eggs prop haha! I love Adam Marcus but when he outright said he couldn't say Deadite, that New Line Cinema didn't know of it, and that he said it's in his opinion then it's surely never connected.

The Ocean connection...I can't honestly defend I might make a theory about it tho!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

I'm Not a Goalie likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees June 3rd 2024, 2:37 am

I'm Not a Goalie wrote:Out of curiosity, how would you classify the reboot? Personally, I classify it as Cannon to the F13 franchise, but obviously not to the original 12 films. It's not secondary cannon, the movie was its own thing that was theoretically hoping to spawn its own line of sequels, thus it exists on an island in its own universe, I'm just not sure what to call it...

Kind of like how Halloween has four different Timelines, all cannon to the Halloween Franchise, but most of the movies aren't canon or linked to a lot of the other films in the franchise.

When it comes to reboots/remakes? It's their own canon/timeline continuity of it like a Multiverse where it's a different seperate universe where things are similar and different but have a similar continuity.

There's also "Retroactive Continuity Canon" which is basically as mentioned the Reboot Canon.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher June 3rd 2024, 6:23 pm

I'm Not a Goalie wrote:
ThePunisher wrote:I've seen where people use the first 4 movies as canon. What's your opinion on that?

I'm in agreement with you on this.

ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees June 7th 2024, 11:07 am

It seems people don't understand the Friday the 13th Game has some actual canon via the Pamela and Tommy Tapes lol!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher June 8th 2024, 9:30 am

Jason Voorhees wrote:It seems people don't understand the Friday the 13th Game has some actual canon via the Pamela and Tommy Tapes lol!

This is getting quite heavy duty for me!!!!
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum