Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Director should direct a Friday the 13th film?

Go down

What Director should direct a Friday the 13th film? Empty What Director should direct a Friday the 13th film?

Post by Jason Voorhees May 28th 2024, 4:34 pm

What Director should direct a Friday the 13th film? Direct10

1st Pick: Tom Mcloughlin

No surprise here as Tom Mcloughlin is the director and writer of Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives where it's become the most popular in the franchise as it was him who helped save the franchise after the massive negative backlash from Part V from audiences, and where he helped turned Jason Voorhees from a Human into a Revenant Zombie slasher icon! And he even has two seperate scripts already lined up a Prequel with Pamela Voorhees and a sequel to his own Jason Lives film, I couldn't see anyone with a bigger passion than him! If there's anyone who can keep it true to the old fashion it's him! And I am sure he has C.J. Graham already in mind as his Jason!

2nd Pick: Adam Green

Adam Green!! The mam behind the Hatchet series and the creator of Jason Voorhees inspired slasher Victor Crowley! His writing and directorial vision helped made his series a certified cult classic and a must see slasher! I am sure he would have blood, gore, creativr kills and a massive body count! Hatchet already has 4 films and I can't wait for more Crowley!!!

3rd Pick: John Carpenter

The main man himself who helped change the horror genre with the Halloween series is obviously going to be my pick!! The man created a Slasher Icon! And yet I don't know how he feels towards Jason Voorhees but I feel that if he's behind the helm for a Friday the 13th Film I am sure we will get something new and yet authentic 80s movie!

Honorable Mention: John Carl Buechler

The late and great John Carl Buechler helped cement his legacy when he brought Kane Hodder to play his Jason Voorhees and from what I know and remeber, he had a plan for a sequel to his film: Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood where Jason (Kane Hodder ofc) is on a ruthless mission to hunt and kill Tina through a hospital and I am sure if he was still here and given a chance? He would definitely had it made!! R.I.P. John Carl Buechler!!!

Honorable Mention: Vincente DeSantis

A Fan-Film director for Never Hike Alone and his own Jason Voorhees is Vincente DeSantis on my Honorable list because we know companies won't literally hire us true fans to direct a movie and so I wanted to mention Vincente because his work for his own fanfilm series is actually well made and worth the watch since we haven't had a new film in many years and it's nice to see a fresh take on the series that doesn't make it ridiculous!!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

What Director should direct a Friday the 13th film? Empty Re: What Director should direct a Friday the 13th film?

Post by ThePunisher May 29th 2024, 2:11 pm

Well, we can't get the last three. I'd be happy with either of the first two.
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

What Director should direct a Friday the 13th film? Empty Re: What Director should direct a Friday the 13th film?

Post by Jason Voorhees May 31st 2024, 8:50 am

ThePunisher wrote:Well, we can't get the last three.  I'd be happy with either of the first two.

I concur! But what about our main man John Carpenter??
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher May 31st 2024, 4:52 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:
ThePunisher wrote:Well, we can't get the last three.  I'd be happy with either of the first two.

I concur! But what about our main man John Carpenter??

Would he even THINK about touching the franchise?
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

Post by SonofOdin6039 June 2nd 2024, 4:47 pm

I vote for Ridley Scott myself. He was an ace with atmosphere
SonofOdin6039
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher June 3rd 2024, 6:26 pm

SonofOdin6039 wrote:I vote for Ridley Scott myself. He was an ace with atmosphere

How would you convince him to do a slasher movie? Has he done one already?
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

Post by SonofOdin6039 June 4th 2024, 9:55 am

Its not a far stretch, at least as I see it. Look at the setting he created for Alien. Substitute an isolated camp ground for the Nostromo and Jason for the zenomorph, add in a decent script, and you have a good slasher flick. Given what he did in Blade Runner, I'd bet he'd done Part 8 JGTM way different
SonofOdin6039
Second Class
Second Class

ThePunisher likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by ZroSkeerd June 4th 2024, 10:39 am

I think Robert Eggers might be an interesting choice. The dude knows how to handle atmosphere and suspense, which in my opinion is the strongest part of the original Halloween, since we've brought up Carpenter.

Bobcat Goldthwait might be another one I'd like to see. He showed with Willow Creek that he can make a successful film (at least in my opinion) with a Carpenter-esque minimalist approach. Seeing as how slasher films are typically low-budget productions, I think he might be a good fit.
ZroSkeerd
ZroSkeerd
The Local
The Local

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees June 7th 2024, 11:12 am

ZroSkeerd wrote:I think Robert Eggers might be an interesting choice. The dude knows how to handle atmosphere and suspense, which in my opinion is the strongest part of the original Halloween, since we've brought up Carpenter.

Bobcat Goldthwait might be another one I'd like to see. He showed with Willow Creek that he can make a successful film (at least in my opinion) with a Carpenter-esque minimalist approach. Seeing as how slasher films are typically low-budget productions, I think he might be a good fit.

Oooo interesting picks! I haven't heard anyone talked about these directors!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher June 8th 2024, 9:32 am

Jason Voorhees wrote:
ZroSkeerd wrote:I think Robert Eggers might be an interesting choice. The dude knows how to handle atmosphere and suspense, which in my opinion is the strongest part of the original Halloween, since we've brought up Carpenter.

Oooo interesting picks! I haven't heard anyone talked about these directors!

Of course, we still have to get people to agree to a movie!!!!
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia July 16th 2024, 5:00 am

Back in the day, I wanted Tom Savini to direct one. He’s pretty much said not again after the experience he had doing the Night Of The Living Dead remake but I think after all the experience he had being a part of the Friday The 13th franchise, he would have been the best choice for awhile.

Vincente DeSantis would be a fantastic choice as well. The guy works his tail off and you can tell he would have put everything possible into the movie to make sure it was awesome.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher July 16th 2024, 1:52 pm

Trekapedia wrote:Back in the day, I wanted Tom Savini to direct one. He’s pretty much said not again after the experience he had doing the Night Of The Living Dead remake but I think after all the experience he had being a part of the Friday The 13th franchise, he would have been the best choice for awhile.

Vincente DeSantis would be a fantastic choice as well. The guy works his tail off and you can tell he would have put everything possible into the movie to make sure it was awesome.

It may still be hard to please everyone.
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum