Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Bloody Valentine

Go down

My Bloody Valentine Empty My Bloody Valentine

Post by ThePunisher May 25th 2024, 6:54 pm

Reportedly, Blumhouse wants to do a reboot of My Bloody Valentine, possibly a trilogy.

Do we actually need this?
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

My Bloody Valentine Empty Re: My Bloody Valentine

Post by I'm Not a Goalie May 25th 2024, 11:03 pm

Another Reboot, no. Too soon since the last one, and we don't need to see the same basic story regurgitated for a third time. Neither version of the film had a sequel, so maybe try that first? Blumhouse is about the only studio I'd trust to do a proper Slasher film these days.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees May 26th 2024, 6:42 am

I don't want a reboot to be honest as @I'm Not a Goalie said we need a sequel to the 2009 film.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher May 26th 2024, 9:59 am

I'm Not a Goalie wrote:Another Reboot, no. Too soon since the last one, and we don't need to see the same basic story regurgitated for a third time. Neither version of the film had a sequel, so maybe try that first? Blumhouse is about the only studio I'd trust to do a proper Slasher film these days.

Even with the controversy surrounding the Halloween and Exorcist movies?
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

I'm Not a Goalie likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees May 26th 2024, 1:05 pm

ThePunisher wrote:
I'm Not a Goalie wrote:Another Reboot, no. Too soon since the last one, and we don't need to see the same basic story regurgitated for a third time. Neither version of the film had a sequel, so maybe try that first? Blumhouse is about the only studio I'd trust to do a proper Slasher film these days.

The biggest controversy was Halloween Ends with their Part V storyline lol! But yeah a sequel to Todd Farmers sequel would fit perfectly and Jensen Ackles still has the chops for a sequel equally with his current muscular build.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

I'm Not a Goalie likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm Not a Goalie May 26th 2024, 2:31 pm

ThePunisher wrote:

Yes, they have a lot more successes under their belt than stinkers. Also keep in mind that I said 'Proper Slash Film' for a reason, which doesn't necessarily mean 'good' slasher film, lol. Regardless of how you feel about the recent Halloween trilogy, you can't deny they were indeed true Slasher Films, one of the sub-genre's that's suffering the most under current Hollywood mandates along with romcom's ironically. What I respect about Blumhouse is that it feels they allow the creatives behind the films they produce the freedom to follow their personal visions for their projects with minimal interference... For better or for worse. Sometimes we get Split, Get Out, or Halloween 2018... And sometimes we get Halloween Ends and the new Exorcist movie.

With the right creative minds behind the project, it's very possible we can get a good old-fashioned Slasher film that isn't concerned about offending snowflakes on Twitter. A genre that you need to jump through hoops nowadays to get a film green lit let alone done properly.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

ThePunisher likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by mnknut30 May 26th 2024, 3:32 pm

im 50/50 about blumhouse. They got some massive trash and then they got some good stuff. I guess for me it would depend on whose behind the directors chair and who stars in it.

I looked up all the movies they produced and I forgot how much they really have done.. holy cow.

I recommend totally killer too. Its like a back to the future slasher movie. I loved it!
mnknut30
mnknut30
Hiker
Hiker

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher May 26th 2024, 5:22 pm

I'm Not a Goalie wrote:
ThePunisher wrote:

Yes, they have a lot more successes under their belt than stinkers. Also keep in mind that I said 'Proper Slash Film' for a reason, which doesn't necessarily mean 'good' slasher film, lol. Regardless of how you feel about the recent Halloween trilogy, you can't deny they were indeed true Slasher Films, one of the sub-genre's that's suffering the most under current Hollywood mandates along with romcom's ironically. What I respect about Blumhouse is that it feels they allow the creatives behind the films they produce the freedom to follow their personal visions for their projects with minimal interference... For better or for worse. Sometimes we get Split, Get Out, or Halloween 2018... And sometimes we get Halloween Ends and the new Exorcist movie.

With the right creative minds behind the project, it's very possible we can get a good old-fashioned Slasher film that isn't concerned about offending snowflakes on Twitter. A genre that you need to jump through hoops nowadays to get a film green lit let alone done properly.

Any idea or preference for who the right creative minds are????
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum