Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Know What You Did Last Summer 2025 Sequel

Go down

I Know What You Did Last Summer 2025 Sequel Empty I Know What You Did Last Summer 2025 Sequel

Post by Jason Voorhees May 17th 2024, 4:33 am

I Know What You Did Last Summer movie that’s been dated for theatrical release in Summer 2025 is being directed by Jennifer Kaytin Robinson (Do Revenge) the new installment into this cult classic franchise for Sony, with Leah McKendrick (M.F.A.) writing the screenplay and Neal Moritz as Producer!!

Mark your calenders for July 18th 2025!

What I know about this Movie...

I don't know if this is a "Reboot" of the franchise BUT since they are wanting to bring back the two original cast members: Jennifer Love Hewitt as Julie James and Freddie Prinze Jr. as Ray Bronson and it's unknown if the films original killer actor himself, Muse Watson is returning as a cameo or not as Ben Willis / The Fisherman but they have hinted this WILL be a Legacy type of film.

Thoughts?

So what's everyone's opinion about this new film in this franchise? It seems the waves of bringing back classics has also resurrected this one as well!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

ThePunisher likes this post!

Back to top Go down

I Know What You Did Last Summer 2025 Sequel Empty Re: I Know What You Did Last Summer 2025 Sequel

Post by Ivan1987 May 17th 2024, 2:57 pm

Yup, count me as one of the people, who will be seeing this on the big screen on the first day. I'm a huge fan of the first movie, it's the ultimate summer slasher movie. I remember when I saw it for the first time with my brother when we were kids, we just set the volume on the loudest level during the musical score and opened all the windows, so people on the street could hear it as well. 😀
Ivan1987
Ivan1987
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

I Know What You Did Last Summer 2025 Sequel Empty Re: I Know What You Did Last Summer 2025 Sequel

Post by ThePunisher May 17th 2024, 4:38 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:I Know What You Did Last Summer movie that’s been dated for theatrical release in Summer 2025 is being directed by Jennifer Kaytin Robinson (Do Revenge) the new installment into this cult classic franchise for Sony, with Leah McKendrick (M.F.A.) writing the screenplay and Neal Moritz as Producer!!

Mark your calenders for July 18th 2025!

What I know about this Movie...

I don't know if this is a "Reboot" of the franchise BUT since they are wanting to bring back the two original cast members: Jennifer Love Hewitt as Julie James and Freddie Prinze Jr. as Ray Bronson and it's unknown if the films original killer actor himself, Muse Watson is returning as a cameo or not as Ben Willis / The Fisherman but they have hinted this WILL be a Legacy type of film.

Thoughts?

So what's everyone's opinion about this new film in this franchise? It seems the waves of bringing back classics has also resurrected this one as well!

I'll be seeing this for sure. Freddie hasn't done much from what I've seen. I wonder if ole Ray is still working on the dock.
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher May 17th 2024, 4:39 pm

Ivan1987 wrote:Yup, count me as one of the people, who will be seeing this on the big screen on the first day. I'm a huge fan of the first movie, it's the ultimate summer slasher movie. I remember when I saw it for the first time with my brother when we were kids, we just set the volume on the loudest level during the musical score and opened all the windows, so people on the street could hear it as well. 😀

Anyone try to join you?
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan1987 May 18th 2024, 4:09 am

Haha, hardly, since we lived on the sixth floor back then. Very Happy We just did it out of pure excitement from the movie and only calmed down, when the final credits ended.
Ivan1987
Ivan1987
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher May 18th 2024, 8:30 am

Ivan1987 wrote:Haha, hardly, since we lived on the sixth floor back then. Very Happy We just did it out of pure excitement from the movie and only calmed down, when the final credits ended.

Nothing like pure adrenaline to get you going. Invite me next time will you?????
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

Post by mnknut30 May 26th 2024, 4:26 pm

I recently re-watched the first two and I love the feel and vibe of the original. As a fisherman myself and a fan of july 4th I really resonate with that one.

The sequel however... THERE IS NO POINT.
You have your son be a fake DJ to call julie to win tickets to the bahamas. The day after you were stalking her at a nightclub. You could of easily killed her and whats the point covering up the face? She knows its you Ben Willis. You know where she lives... why are you wasting time and money to set her up on an island when you can literally just kill her within seconds.

Then lets get into his son "Will Benson". I called this when I saw it in the theater it was predictable as hell. Ben is still running around the lot with his stupid slicker on. You aren't fooling anyone.

The only redeeming factor I still know has is the gore and the kills. This one really amps it up. Also shocked that freddy prinze jr's acting is good here.. horrible in the original. Also jack blacks death was glorious. His character was garbage I couldnt wait to see him taken out.

mnknut30
mnknut30
Hiker
Hiker

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher May 26th 2024, 4:49 pm

mnknut30 wrote:I recently re-watched the first two and I love the feel and vibe of the original. As a fisherman myself and a fan of july 4th I really resonate with that one.

You have your son be a fake DJ to call julie to win tickets to the bahamas. The day after you were stalking her at a nightclub. You could of easily killed her and whats the point covering up the face? She knows its you Ben Willis. You know where she lives... why are you wasting time and money to set her up on an island when you can literally just kill her within seconds.

Then lets get into his son "Will Benson". I called this when I saw it in the theater it was predictable as hell. Ben is still running around the lot with his stupid slicker on. You aren't fooling anyone.

The only redeeming factor I still know has is the gore and the kills. This one really amps it up. Also shocked that freddy prinze jr's acting is good here.. horrible in the original. Also jack blacks death was glorious. His character was garbage I couldnt wait to see him taken out.

Some guys don't WANT to kill you in seconds. What I didn't like about this one is that Julie still seems to be guilt tripping and on the edge of flunking out of college. I'm surprised she's still going.

As for the slicker, that WAS overplayed. That could have been used once as a red herring, then put away.

This movie a cash brad, and so was the third.
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

Post by mnknut30 May 26th 2024, 4:51 pm

thats true..but the guy wasted money just to toy around with her lol.. like it was a lose lose for ben willis. Not a bright killer at all hahaha...

Slicker should of only been used in the first one..and thats it.
mnknut30
mnknut30
Hiker
Hiker

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher May 26th 2024, 5:23 pm

mnknut30 wrote:thats true..but the guy wasted money just to toy around with her lol.. like it was a lose lose for ben willis. Not a bright killer at all hahaha...

Slicker should of only been used in the first one..and thats it.

Now the wasting money part really offends me!!!!!
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees May 28th 2024, 12:24 pm

mnknut30 wrote:I recently re-watched the first two and I love the feel and vibe of the original. As a fisherman myself and a fan of july 4th I really resonate with that one.

You have your son be a fake DJ to call julie to win tickets to the bahamas. The day after you were stalking her at a nightclub.  You could of easily killed her and whats the point covering up the face? She knows its you Ben Willis. You know where she lives... why are you wasting time and money to set her up on an island when you can literally just kill her within seconds.

Then lets get into his son "Will Benson".  I called this when I saw it in the theater it was predictable as hell.  Ben is still running around the lot with his stupid slicker on. You aren't fooling anyone.  

The only redeeming factor I still know has is the gore and the kills. This one really amps it up.  Also shocked that freddy prinze jr's acting is good here.. horrible in the original.   Also jack blacks death was glorious. His character was garbage I couldnt wait to see him taken out.

Have you watched the 4th one??
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum