Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you could take out one part from each movie

Go down

If you could take out one part from each movie Empty If you could take out one part from each movie

Post by jasn88cubs April 10th 2024, 6:00 pm

what part would you take out


avatar
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Posts : 635
Join Date : 2020-08-06

Back to top Go down

If you could take out one part from each movie Empty Re: If you could take out one part from each movie

Post by Jason Voorhees April 11th 2024, 7:50 am

Majority of Part V/Part 9 scenes basically making the run-time 20ish minutes lol.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Age : 77
Gender : Male
Posts : 2150
Join Date : 2017-06-24
Location : Camp Crystal Lake

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

ThePunisher and Trekapedia also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

If you could take out one part from each movie Empty Re: If you could take out one part from each movie

Post by SonofOdin6039 April 11th 2024, 10:47 am

In Part 1, probably the motorcycle cop. He kinda annoyed me. Part 2, the death of Ralph. Part 3, the roadside bum. Part 4, the moron getting a kick watching the old movies. Part 5, the death of Grandpa. Part 6, not really much of anything. Part 7, make Tina a little less whiny. Part 8, less Lazarus. JTGH, the decay of the deputy after the worm left his body. Jason X, the professor's sex scene. 2009 remake, the kid wracking off to a fashion magazine
avatar
SonofOdin6039
Second Class
Second Class

Gender : Male
Posts : 342
Join Date : 2020-11-12
Location : Peoria Heights, Illinois

Trekapedia likes this post!

Back to top Go down

If you could take out one part from each movie Empty Re: If you could take out one part from each movie

Post by ThePunisher April 11th 2024, 6:29 pm

In the original, I'd like to remove the part where Steve is wearing shorts.

In part 2, I'd remove Scott from the whole movie.

In part 3, Chuck and Chili would be gone.

Part 4, Ted would be gone.

Part 5 would have been a Jason movie.

Part 5 was perfect as is.

Part 7- screw the telekinesis.

Part 8 would have been in Crystal Lae.

JGTH would never have been made.

X would have been in current times

The 2009 movie would have kept Jenna alive.
avatar
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Age : 55
Gender : Male
Posts : 970
Join Date : 2021-06-06
Location : Camp Crystal Lake

Trekapedia likes this post!

Back to top Go down

If you could take out one part from each movie Empty Re: If you could take out one part from each movie

Post by jasn88cubs April 11th 2024, 6:30 pm

pt 1-the snake


pt 2-pauls recap or muffy being killed or the thought process


pt 3-man idk..part of me wants to say Vera's mom refusing to let her go because nothing was done with it. When they saw the cop outsides Harold and Ednas they could have said what's going on and Very could have mentioned


pt 4-probably the roadside girl


pt 5-the grandpa being found


6-the camper scene


7---been forever since i seen it


8-the dance room scene


jgth--all of it ? lol


jason x---ummmm havent seen in forever


fvsj -----off top of my head the ride with them in van with jason ..idk just made jason seem like a good guy


2009---yea idk
avatar
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Posts : 635
Join Date : 2020-08-06

Trekapedia likes this post!

Back to top Go down

If you could take out one part from each movie Empty Re: If you could take out one part from each movie

Post by Jason Voorhees April 13th 2024, 3:59 am

Wow I see alot of different responses! I guess I'm the outlier for this post!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Age : 77
Gender : Male
Posts : 2150
Join Date : 2017-06-24
Location : Camp Crystal Lake

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

ThePunisher and Trekapedia also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

If you could take out one part from each movie Empty Re: If you could take out one part from each movie

Post by ThePunisher April 13th 2024, 1:36 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:Wow I see alot of different responses! I guess I'm the outlier for this post!

Hey, at least you posted an opinion!!!!
avatar
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Age : 55
Gender : Male
Posts : 970
Join Date : 2021-06-06
Location : Camp Crystal Lake

Back to top Go down

If you could take out one part from each movie Empty Re: If you could take out one part from each movie

Post by Jason Voorhees April 14th 2024, 7:50 am

ThePunisher wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:Wow I see alot of different responses! I guess I'm the outlier for this post!

Hey, at least you posted an opinion!!!!

True! Other than Part V and my other choice, Freddy Vs Jason could have had our boy Kane hodder as Jason.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Age : 77
Gender : Male
Posts : 2150
Join Date : 2017-06-24
Location : Camp Crystal Lake

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

ThePunisher likes this post!

Back to top Go down

If you could take out one part from each movie Empty Re: If you could take out one part from each movie

Post by ThePunisher April 14th 2024, 8:24 am

Jason Voorhees wrote:
ThePunisher wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:Wow I see alot of different responses! I guess I'm the outlier for this post!

Hey, at least you posted an opinion!!!!

True! Other than Part V and my other choice, Freddy Vs Jason could have had our boy Kane hodder as Jason.

For sure!!!! Who needs a skinny little runt playing Jason?
avatar
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Age : 55
Gender : Male
Posts : 970
Join Date : 2021-06-06
Location : Camp Crystal Lake

Back to top Go down

If you could take out one part from each movie Empty Re: If you could take out one part from each movie

Post by jasn88cubs April 15th 2024, 10:52 am

I changed my mind on 6. I'd take out the paint ball scene. Juts didn't like. Seems out of place
avatar
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Posts : 635
Join Date : 2020-08-06

ThePunisher likes this post!

Back to top Go down

If you could take out one part from each movie Empty Re: If you could take out one part from each movie

Post by Jason Voorhees April 15th 2024, 10:33 pm

jasn88cubs wrote:I changed my mind on 6. I'd take out the paint ball scene. Juts didn't like. Seems out of place

Really?? That's wild!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Age : 77
Gender : Male
Posts : 2150
Join Date : 2017-06-24
Location : Camp Crystal Lake

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

If you could take out one part from each movie Empty Re: If you could take out one part from each movie

Post by jasn88cubs April 16th 2024, 7:38 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:
jasn88cubs wrote:I changed my mind on 6. I'd take out the paint ball scene. Juts didn't like. Seems out of place

Really?? That's wild!

yep just not into it
avatar
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Posts : 635
Join Date : 2020-08-06

Back to top Go down

If you could take out one part from each movie Empty Re: If you could take out one part from each movie

Post by Jason Voorhees April 17th 2024, 8:14 am

jasn88cubs wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:
jasn88cubs wrote:I changed my mind on 6. I'd take out the paint ball scene. Juts didn't like. Seems out of place

Really?? That's wild!

yep just not into it

It was weird they never reshot the paintball scene with C.J. but kept Dan Bradley scene.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Age : 77
Gender : Male
Posts : 2150
Join Date : 2017-06-24
Location : Camp Crystal Lake

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

ThePunisher likes this post!

Back to top Go down

If you could take out one part from each movie Empty Re: If you could take out one part from each movie

Post by Trekapedia April 29th 2024, 6:20 pm

2009: removing the part of the movie where the guy was so hard up for spank material that he’s using a knitting or sewing magazine. That was just awkward.

I’d have kept Jenna alive as well.

Part VIII: JTM: I’d have kept one kid the part of young Jason and made the makeup match the original movie. I’d have also made the makeup for adult Jason closer to the Part VII makeup. Oh yeah and put more of the movie in NYC. I understand why they did what they did, but still, if youre gonna call it Jason Takes Manhattan, put the majority of it in NYC. Either that or change the title. I love the movie, but one of those two things had to change when it came to the premise and location.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

Age : 44
Gender : Male
Posts : 427
Join Date : 2021-06-27
Location : Arizona

ThePunisher likes this post!

Back to top Go down

If you could take out one part from each movie Empty Re: If you could take out one part from each movie

Post by Ivan1987 April 30th 2024, 5:09 am

As much as I loved the remake, I would probably remove the part, where it's revealed that Jason kept some girl as a hostage. That just isn't Jason's style at all.
Ivan1987
Ivan1987
Scout
Scout

Gender : Male
Posts : 83
Join Date : 2024-04-16
Location : European Union

Back to top Go down

If you could take out one part from each movie Empty Re: If you could take out one part from each movie

Post by ZroSkeerd May 10th 2024, 4:19 pm

My apologies ahead of time for being long-winded, but in my defense, there are twelve movies. Here we go.

Part 1: I'd take out the motorcycle cop. He basically shows up to warn the kids about Ralph, which would've been fine if we hadn't already seen Ralph back in town with Annie. It's a pointless scene.

Part 2: I'd take out the dream sequence that Alice has in the beginning that basically recaps the end of Part 1. I get they want to remind us what happened last time, but Paul does that later at the campfire. I think having Alice killed is enough, and with Paul's storytelling later I think audiences would be able to put two and two together.

Part 3: I'd take out the old man in the road and Cheech and Chong ... I mean Chuck and Chili. I feel like they wanted a replacement for Ralph, and the fact that he's got a human eye is kind of creepy, but it just doesn't have the same gravitas that Ralph does when he's "spouting his gospel". And Chuck and Chili are just weird and out of place. They look like they're at least 30, but they're going to hang out with a bunch of teenagers for the weekend. The only purpose they serve is to up the body count a little and get popcorn to fly in your face if you're watching in 3D. I'd also take out the vision of Mrs. Voorhees attacking Chris in the lake. I get they wanted to match the original, but the makeup is just awful and the scene doesn't work. Get rid of it.

Part 4: I'd take out Rob. He's the brother of Sandra from Part 2. The problem is that 2, 3, and 4 all take place back-to-back-to-back. So his sister's been dead for a few days at most and he's already worked out that Jason did it and has all these newspaper clippings that look like they're decades old like he's been on this case forever. Plus, he brought a .22 with him into the woods and says he's hunting bears. A .22 won't typically do that much damage to a human, let alone a damn bear. And let's not forget that when he gets attacked by Jason, he very helpfully screams, "He's killing me! He's killing!" as if we couldn't figure out what's going on. The dude's a spaz.

Part 5: I think everyone agrees that Roy is the lamest killer in the history of cinema. But instead of Jason, I'd actually replace him with Tommy. They set us up for Tommy to go nuts with his haunting stare at the end of Part 4, in Part 5 he's constantly seeing Jason, snapping and beating the hell out of people, and something I didn't really realize until a few years ago is that Part 5 is set up like Part 1 where it's a whodunit. Roy as the killer is lame and makes no sense. Tommy as the killer could've been something fresh that at least had some kind of logical progression, and could still lead into Part 6 after Tommy got several years of treatment as a kind of redemption arc.

Part 6: One small thing. I'd take out the scene where Tommy is flipping through books on occultism and whatnot. That's a cool idea seeing as how Jason is essentially a zombie now, but it doesn't really go anywhere. Maybe this is why Tommy's plan changed from burning Jason to ash to trapping him in the lake, which is never explained and never really made sense to me. But as it is in the movie, it doesn't go anywhere. It's a couple of seconds of showing us the books, and then it never gets brought up again.

Part 7: I'd get rid of that damn cat. This is my most-hated jump scare because it's what I call a "just because" jump scare. Robin is upstairs after sleeping with Generic Stoner Dude (I think his name is David), she gets hears a noise and starts looking around the room. All of a sudden a cat jumps into frame out of nowhere with a loud musical sting. We've been at this house for almost an hour. Tina and her mom didn't bring a cat. Nick's friends didn't bring a cat. We have never seen this cat before, and we will never see this cat again. It's just there for a cheap, asinine jump scare, and I hate it.

Part 8: Aside from the obvious fact that the movie should've spent a lot more time in Manhattan and a lot less time on the Lazarus, I'd take out little boy Jason. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense in the flashbacks, but the worst part for me is after Jason is swallowed up by the toxic waste that floods the sewers every night (which is also ridiculous), there's a perfect little boy laying there because … reasons. Even if you write it off as another dream sequence like Part 1 or Part 3, it doesn't make any sense.

JGTH: I can go with the body-hopping Jason demon worm because it's fun. And I can go with the Sheriff melting into a puddle of goo once Jason hops out of him it's a gross piece of body horror that I can appreciate. But I cannot go with the weird BDSM-esque shaving scene before Jason jumps from the coroner into the sheriff. Why in the holy hell does Jason feel the need to shave the Sheriff's mustache before sucking face with him? The coroner has a mustache, so he can't be worried about whiskers. It makes less sense than little boy Jason in Part 8, and I'd put it on the cutting room floor immediately.

Jason X: I actually enjoy this one. I think it's a lot of fun. I wouldn't really take anything out of the movie, but I would absolutely take Uber Jason out of the trailers. I'd want to keep that a surprise. You never show the monster for free, or at least that used to be the case. You want the buildup so the unveiling is a surprise and a thrill. Instead they put Uber Jason in the trailers, he's on the poster, he's even on the front of the DVD. I could be 100% wrong about this, but I feel like that was a mistake.

Freddy vs. Jason: I'd take out Freddy and Jason having a fear of fire and water. Freddy's fear of fire never goes anywhere because he's brought into the real world in the middle of a cabin that's actively burning, and he just gets right to the fight with Jason with no problems. Jason's fear of water serves a purpose as that's how Freddy can get at him in the dream world, but it's always bothered me because it makes no sense. Jason's gone into the water several times to kill people. Off the top of my head he killed two in Part 4 - the speargun in the crotch and the chick in the raft, he went into the lake to go after Tommy in Part 6 with no hesitation, and he killed the blonde chick skinny-dipping in Part 7. Jason's never had an issue with water.

2009: I don't know if I'm in the minority, but this is my least-favorite of the franchise. I've got some real issues with it, but I'll save that for another discussion. With the movie as it is, I'd definitely take out the pervert feeling up the mannequin that took his virginity (I'm not even sure how the logistics of that would work). I know this is the scene where Jason gets his mask, but that could easily be done a different way. This dude is uber weird and creepy in all the wrong ways. I can't stand it when he's on screen.
ZroSkeerd
ZroSkeerd
The Local
The Local

Gender : Male
Posts : 25
Join Date : 2024-05-09

ThePunisher likes this post!

Back to top Go down

If you could take out one part from each movie Empty Re: If you could take out one part from each movie

Post by Jason Voorhees May 21st 2024, 3:14 pm

ZroSkeerd wrote:My apologies ahead of time for being long-winded, but in my defense, there are twelve movies. Here we go.

Part 1: I'd take out the motorcycle cop. He basically shows up to warn the kids about Ralph, which would've been fine if we hadn't already seen Ralph back in town with Annie. It's a pointless scene.

Part 2: I'd take out the dream sequence that Alice has in the beginning that basically recaps the end of Part 1. I get they want to remind us what happened last time, but Paul does that later at the campfire. I think having Alice killed is enough, and with Paul's storytelling later I think audiences would be able to put two and two together.

Part 3: I'd take out the old man in the road and Cheech and Chong ... I mean Chuck and Chili. I feel like they wanted a replacement for Ralph, and the fact that he's got a human eye is kind of creepy, but it just doesn't have the same gravitas that Ralph does when he's "spouting his gospel". And Chuck and Chili are just weird and out of place. They look like they're at least 30, but they're going to hang out with a bunch of teenagers for the weekend. The only purpose they serve is to up the body count a little and get popcorn to fly in your face if you're watching in 3D. I'd also take out the vision of Mrs. Voorhees attacking Chris in the lake. I get they wanted to match the original, but the makeup is just awful and the scene doesn't work. Get rid of it.

Part 4: I'd take out Rob. He's the brother of Sandra from Part 2. The problem is that 2, 3, and 4 all take place back-to-back-to-back. So his sister's been dead for a few days at most and he's already worked out that Jason did it and has all these newspaper clippings that look like they're decades old like he's been on this case forever. Plus, he brought a .22 with him into the woods and says he's hunting bears. A .22 won't typically do that much damage to a human, let alone a damn bear. And let's not forget that when he gets attacked by Jason, he very helpfully screams, "He's killing me! He's killing!" as if we couldn't figure out what's going on. The dude's a spaz.

Part 5: I think everyone agrees that Roy is the lamest killer in the history of cinema. But instead of Jason, I'd actually replace him with Tommy. They set us up for Tommy to go nuts with his haunting stare at the end of Part 4, in Part 5 he's constantly seeing Jason, snapping and beating the hell out of people, and something I didn't really realize until a few years ago is that Part 5 is set up like Part 1 where it's a whodunit. Roy as the killer is lame and makes no sense. Tommy as the killer could've been something fresh that at least had some kind of logical progression, and could still lead into Part 6 after Tommy got several years of treatment as a kind of redemption arc.

Part 6: One small thing. I'd take out the scene where Tommy is flipping through books on occultism and whatnot. That's a cool idea seeing as how Jason is essentially a zombie now, but it doesn't really go anywhere. Maybe this is why Tommy's plan changed from burning Jason to ash to trapping him in the lake, which is never explained and never really made sense to me. But as it is in the movie, it doesn't go anywhere. It's a couple of seconds of showing us the books, and then it never gets brought up again.

Part 7: I'd get rid of that damn cat. This is my most-hated jump scare because it's what I call a "just because" jump scare. Robin is upstairs after sleeping with Generic Stoner Dude (I think his name is David), she gets hears a noise and starts looking around the room. All of a sudden a cat jumps into frame out of nowhere with a loud musical sting. We've been at this house for almost an hour. Tina and her mom didn't bring a cat. Nick's friends didn't bring a cat. We have never seen this cat before, and we will never see this cat again. It's just there for a cheap, asinine jump scare, and I hate it.

Part 8: Aside from the obvious fact that the movie should've spent a lot more time in Manhattan and a lot less time on the Lazarus, I'd take out little boy Jason. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense in the flashbacks, but the worst part for me is after Jason is swallowed up by the toxic waste that floods the sewers every night (which is also ridiculous), there's a perfect little boy laying there because … reasons. Even if you write it off as another dream sequence like Part 1 or Part 3, it doesn't make any sense.

JGTH: I can go with the body-hopping Jason demon worm because it's fun. And I can go with the Sheriff melting into a puddle of goo once Jason hops out of him it's a gross piece of body horror that I can appreciate. But I cannot go with the weird BDSM-esque shaving scene before Jason jumps from the coroner into the sheriff. Why in the holy hell does Jason feel the need to shave the Sheriff's mustache before sucking face with him? The coroner has a mustache, so he can't be worried about whiskers. It makes less sense than little boy Jason in Part 8, and I'd put it on the cutting room floor immediately.

Jason X: I actually enjoy this one. I think it's a lot of fun. I wouldn't really take anything out of the movie, but I would absolutely take Uber Jason out of the trailers. I'd want to keep that a surprise. You never show the monster for free, or at least that used to be the case. You want the buildup so the unveiling is a surprise and a thrill. Instead they put Uber Jason in the trailers, he's on the poster, he's even on the front of the DVD. I could be 100% wrong about this, but I feel like that was a mistake.

Freddy vs. Jason: I'd take out Freddy and Jason having a fear of fire and water. Freddy's fear of fire never goes anywhere because he's brought into the real world in the middle of a cabin that's actively burning, and he just gets right to the fight with Jason with no problems. Jason's fear of water serves a purpose as that's how Freddy can get at him in the dream world, but it's always bothered me because it makes no sense. Jason's gone into the water several times to kill people. Off the top of my head he killed two in Part 4 - the speargun in the crotch and the chick in the raft, he went into the lake to go after Tommy in Part 6 with no hesitation, and he killed the blonde chick skinny-dipping in Part 7. Jason's never had an issue with water.

2009: I don't know if I'm in the minority, but this is my least-favorite of the franchise. I've got some real issues with it, but I'll save that for another discussion. With the movie as it is, I'd definitely take out the pervert feeling up the mannequin that took his virginity (I'm not even sure how the logistics of that would work). I know this is the scene where Jason gets his mask, but that could easily be done a different way. This dude is uber weird and creepy in all the wrong ways. I can't stand it when he's on screen.

Whoa! That's alot of justifiable reasons here!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Age : 77
Gender : Male
Posts : 2150
Join Date : 2017-06-24
Location : Camp Crystal Lake

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

If you could take out one part from each movie Empty Re: If you could take out one part from each movie

Post by ThePunisher May 21st 2024, 4:41 pm

Trekapedia wrote:2009: removing the part of the movie where the guy was so hard up for spank material that he’s using a knitting or sewing magazine. That was just awkward.

I’d have kept Jenna alive as well.

Part VIII: JTM: I’d have kept one kid the part of young Jason and made the makeup match the original movie. I’d have also made the makeup for adult Jason closer to the Part VII makeup. Oh yeah and put more of the movie in NYC. I understand why they did what they did, but still, if youre gonna call it Jason Takes Manhattan, put the majority of it in NYC. Either that or change the title. I love the movie, but one of those two things had to change when it came to the premise and location.

How about the mannequin in 2009?
avatar
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Age : 55
Gender : Male
Posts : 970
Join Date : 2021-06-06
Location : Camp Crystal Lake

Back to top Go down

If you could take out one part from each movie Empty Re: If you could take out one part from each movie

Post by ThePunisher May 21st 2024, 4:45 pm

ZroSkeerd wrote:My apologies ahead of time for being long-winded, but in my defense, there are twelve movies. Here we go.

Part 1: I'd take out the motorcycle cop. He basically shows up to warn the kids about Ralph, which would've been fine if we hadn't already seen Ralph back in town with Annie. It's a pointless scene.

Part 2: I'd take out the dream sequence that Alice has in the beginning that basically recaps the end of Part 1. I get they want to remind us what happened last time, but Paul does that later at the campfire. I think having Alice killed is enough, and with Paul's storytelling later I think audiences would be able to put two and two together.

Part 3: I'd take out the old man in the road and Cheech and Chong ... I mean Chuck and Chili. I feel like they wanted a replacement for Ralph, and the fact that he's got a human eye is kind of creepy, but it just doesn't have the same gravitas that Ralph does when he's "spouting his gospel". And Chuck and Chili are just weird and out of place. They look like they're at least 30, but they're going to hang out with a bunch of teenagers for the weekend. The only purpose they serve is to up the body count a little and get popcorn to fly in your face if you're watching in 3D. I'd also take out the vision of Mrs. Voorhees attacking Chris in the lake. I get they wanted to match the original, but the makeup is just awful and the scene doesn't work. Get rid of it.

Part 4: I'd take out Rob. He's the brother of Sandra from Part 2. The problem is that 2, 3, and 4 all take place back-to-back-to-back. So his sister's been dead for a few days at most and he's already worked out that Jason did it and has all these newspaper clippings that look like they're decades old like he's been on this case forever. Plus, he brought a .22 with him into the woods and says he's hunting bears. A .22 won't typically do that much damage to a human, let alone a damn bear. And let's not forget that when he gets attacked by Jason, he very helpfully screams, "He's killing me! He's killing!" as if we couldn't figure out what's going on. The dude's a spaz.

Part 5: I think everyone agrees that Roy is the lamest killer in the history of cinema. But instead of Jason, I'd actually replace him with Tommy. They set us up for Tommy to go nuts with his haunting stare at the end of Part 4, in Part 5 he's constantly seeing Jason, snapping and beating the hell out of people, and something I didn't really realize until a few years ago is that Part 5 is set up like Part 1 where it's a whodunit. Roy as the killer is lame and makes no sense. Tommy as the killer could've been something fresh that at least had some kind of logical progression, and could still lead into Part 6 after Tommy got several years of treatment as a kind of redemption arc.

Part 6: One small thing. I'd take out the scene where Tommy is flipping through books on occultism and whatnot. That's a cool idea seeing as how Jason is essentially a zombie now, but it doesn't really go anywhere. Maybe this is why Tommy's plan changed from burning Jason to ash to trapping him in the lake, which is never explained and never really made sense to me. But as it is in the movie, it doesn't go anywhere. It's a couple of seconds of showing us the books, and then it never gets brought up again.

Part 7: I'd get rid of that damn cat. This is my most-hated jump scare because it's what I call a "just because" jump scare. Robin is upstairs after sleeping with Generic Stoner Dude (I think his name is David), she gets hears a noise and starts looking around the room. All of a sudden a cat jumps into frame out of nowhere with a loud musical sting. We've been at this house for almost an hour. Tina and her mom didn't bring a cat. Nick's friends didn't bring a cat. We have never seen this cat before, and we will never see this cat again. It's just there for a cheap, asinine jump scare, and I hate it.

Part 8: Aside from the obvious fact that the movie should've spent a lot more time in Manhattan and a lot less time on the Lazarus, I'd take out little boy Jason. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense in the flashbacks, but the worst part for me is after Jason is swallowed up by the toxic waste that floods the sewers every night (which is also ridiculous), there's a perfect little boy laying there because … reasons. Even if you write it off as another dream sequence like Part 1 or Part 3, it doesn't make any sense.

JGTH: I can go with the body-hopping Jason demon worm because it's fun. And I can go with the Sheriff melting into a puddle of goo once Jason hops out of him it's a gross piece of body horror that I can appreciate. But I cannot go with the weird BDSM-esque shaving scene before Jason jumps from the coroner into the sheriff. Why in the holy hell does Jason feel the need to shave the Sheriff's mustache before sucking face with him? The coroner has a mustache, so he can't be worried about whiskers. It makes less sense than little boy Jason in Part 8, and I'd put it on the cutting room floor immediately.

Jason X: I actually enjoy this one. I think it's a lot of fun. I wouldn't really take anything out of the movie, but I would absolutely take Uber Jason out of the trailers. I'd want to keep that a surprise. You never show the monster for free, or at least that used to be the case. You want the buildup so the unveiling is a surprise and a thrill. Instead they put Uber Jason in the trailers, he's on the poster, he's even on the front of the DVD. I could be 100% wrong about this, but I feel like that was a mistake.

Freddy vs. Jason: I'd take out Freddy and Jason having a fear of fire and water. Freddy's fear of fire never goes anywhere because he's brought into the real world in the middle of a cabin that's actively burning, and he just gets right to the fight with Jason with no problems. Jason's fear of water serves a purpose as that's how Freddy can get at him in the dream world, but it's always bothered me because it makes no sense. Jason's gone into the water several times to kill people. Off the top of my head he killed two in Part 4 - the speargun in the crotch and the chick in the raft, he went into the lake to go after Tommy in Part 6 with no hesitation, and he killed the blonde chick skinny-dipping in Part 7. Jason's never had an issue with water.

2009: I don't know if I'm in the minority, but this is my least-favorite of the franchise. I've got some real issues with it, but I'll save that for another discussion. With the movie as it is, I'd definitely take out the pervert feeling up the mannequin that took his virginity (I'm not even sure how the logistics of that would work). I know this is the scene where Jason gets his mask, but that could easily be done a different way. This dude is uber weird and creepy in all the wrong ways. I can't stand it when he's on screen.

Great point about Donnie with the mannequin. That was WAY off base. The only part of that guy I liked was when he met Jason for the first ( and last ) time.
avatar
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Age : 55
Gender : Male
Posts : 970
Join Date : 2021-06-06
Location : Camp Crystal Lake

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum