Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

unpopular opinions about the franchise

Go down

unpopular opinions about the franchise Empty unpopular opinions about the franchise

Post by jasn88cubs February 10th 2024, 12:35 pm

8 is a entertaining movie

5 is good. yes jason is not in it but I enjoy it

Ginny >Alice

Chris gets a lot of criticism for the acress acting but I think Chris is perfect for sympathy

I gt bored by pt 4 at times.i feel like the setting is to dark. hard to constantly see whats going on

freddy vs jason is a fun lat night sat night movie

jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

I'm Not a Goalie and Trekapedia also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

unpopular opinions about the franchise Empty Re: unpopular opinions about the franchise

Post by ThePunisher February 10th 2024, 1:21 pm

jasn88cubs wrote:8 is a entertaining movie

5 is good. yes jason is not in it but I enjoy it

Ginny >Alice

Chris gets a lot of criticism for the acress acting but I think Chris is perfect for sympathy

I gt bored by pt 4 at times.i feel like the setting is to dark. hard to constantly see whats going on

freddy vs jason is a fun lat night sat night movie

I liked part 8 as well, since I've spent a fair amount of time in New York City. Chris would have made a good character to follow in other movies, like what happened with Tommy. Part 4 is not one of my favorites other than Samantha. I could have done without Freddy vs. Jason, mostly because I wanted to fall asleep watching the movie.
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

jasn88cubs and Trekapedia also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

unpopular opinions about the franchise Empty Re: unpopular opinions about the franchise

Post by Trekapedia February 10th 2024, 10:46 pm

I really enjoy Part 8. I saw it on USA, TNT and The New TNN aka Spike. They never had it available at Blockbuster here. I don’t mean it was always rented out, I mean it was never one of the movies in the franchise they had to get. I don’t know if it just wasn’t popular enough to have on the shelf to be a choice but it was never there. I actually bought it to be able to watch it when I wanted.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

jasn88cubs likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher February 11th 2024, 6:24 am

Trekapedia wrote:I really enjoy Part 8. I saw it on USA, TNT and The New TNN aka Spike. They never had it available at Blockbuster here. I don’t mean it was always rented out, I mean it was never one of the movies in the franchise they had to get. I don’t know if it just wasn’t popular enough to have on the shelf to be a choice but it was never there. I actually bought it to be able to watch it when I wanted.

So did I. I NEVER wanted to wait for any of them to be on TV.
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

jasn88cubs likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by ZroSkeerd May 10th 2024, 5:27 pm

The remake is a better Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie than a Friday the 13th movie.

My reasoning:
The same writing team who wrote the Texas Chainsaw remake also wrote the Friday the 13th remake, and I think it shows.

- Getting their hands on a bunch of pot to sell is the primary motivation for the characters to be where they are in the beginning.
- The townies know all about the killer, but choose to just leave him alone and advise others to do the same.
- Gross weirdos who exist for the sake of being gross weirdos
- The general dark and dirt-covered aesthetic of both films. They generally look like they could've been filmed on the same set.
- Jason now tortures a couple of victims like Leatherface in the remake.

I was genuinely shocked that we never find out Jason eats his victims and that the cop who shows up at the house later wasn't in on it. Besides that, the remake really feels like The Friday the 13th Machete Massacre to me.

A Jason Voorhees by name does not a Jason Voorhees make.
ZroSkeerd
ZroSkeerd
The Local
The Local

Man Behind the Mask likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by mnknut30 May 25th 2024, 1:07 am

Jason Goes To Hell doesn't deserve the hate it gets.
mnknut30
mnknut30
Hiker
Hiker

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher May 25th 2024, 9:16 am

mnknut30 wrote:Jason Goes To Hell doesn't deserve the hate it gets.

I don't think any of the movies deserved the MPAA.
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

I'm Not a Goalie likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees May 26th 2024, 6:09 am

I can see why it recieved it.

For my Opinion? That Part V shouldn't have been made...but I hate to say it but without Part V failing we wouldn't have gotten Jason Lives!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher May 26th 2024, 10:05 am

Jason Voorhees wrote:

For my Opinion? That Part V shouldn't have been made...but I hate to say it but without Part V failing we wouldn't have gotten Jason Lives!

Could you have bridged the gap between 4 and 6 another way? Fans would have wanted to see it don't you think?
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan1987 May 26th 2024, 12:52 pm

Is it just me or are most of the kills in Part V so drastically cut so that you don't get to see almost none of the important details?
Ivan1987
Ivan1987
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees May 26th 2024, 1:03 pm

ThePunisher wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:

Could you have bridged the gap between 4 and 6 another way?  Fans would have wanted to see it don't you think?

Can't without using "Jason" as a M.O. unless you retcon the hell out of The Final chapters "Ending" and give him a Halloween 4 logic where he survived all that damage.

Or...even just bring him back as a near-decay corpse similar to Jason Rising.

Ivan1987 wrote:Is it just me or are most of the kills in Part V so drastically cut so that you don't get to see almost none of the important details?

That's the MPAA for you...they did the same with Part VII with all the amazing gore and blood!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

I'm Not a Goalie likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm Not a Goalie May 26th 2024, 2:46 pm

ThePunisher wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:

Could you have bridged the gap between 4 and 6 another way? Fans would have wanted to see it don't you think?

No honestly. Part six wouldn't exist as it does, and we likely never would've gotten Reverent Jason if Part 5 hadn't have failed and the fan base so vehemently rejected Tommy taking over Jason's mantle. If Paramount hadn't gotten frustrated by the rejection of the new direction, we never would've gotten the irreverent tounge-in-cheek shitpost of a movie that was pretty much the creators saying 'you want the same old shit so here you go', lol. I wouldn't have it any other way.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by mnknut30 May 26th 2024, 2:53 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:

Preach! Part 5 needed to be made in order to get 6. That backlash alone helped paramount decide on a "redo".
mnknut30
mnknut30
Hiker
Hiker

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher May 26th 2024, 5:05 pm

mnknut30 wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:

Preach! Part 5 needed to be made in order to get 6. That backlash alone helped paramount decide on a "redo".

So let's be glad part 6 was never a stand-alone movie under a different name.
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

Post by mnknut30 May 26th 2024, 5:08 pm

LOL i know what you are referring to. I cant help but like that one. Ive tried to hate it.
mnknut30
mnknut30
Hiker
Hiker

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher May 26th 2024, 5:25 pm

mnknut30 wrote:LOL i know what you are referring to. I cant help but like that one. Ive tried to hate it.

I should have said part 5 instead of part 6. Boy, am I a dummy.
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees May 27th 2024, 3:46 am

I'm Not a Goalie wrote:
ThePunisher wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:

Could you have bridged the gap between 4 and 6 another way?  Fans would have wanted to see it don't you think?

No honestly. Part six wouldn't exist as it does, and we likely never would've gotten Reverent Jason if Part 5 hadn't have failed and the fan base so vehemently rejected Tommy taking over Jason's mantle. If Paramount hadn't gotten frustrated by the rejection of the new direction, we never would've gotten the irreverent tounge-in-cheek shitpost of a movie that was pretty much the creators saying 'you want the same old shit so here you go', lol. I wouldn't have it any other way.
Companies need to take notes because Paramount Pictures straight up said "We fucked up..."

Tom Mcloughlin coming down the ramp like Stome Cold Steve Austin and saving the franchise!!!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

ThePunisher likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher May 27th 2024, 3:58 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:
I'm Not a Goalie wrote:
ThePunisher wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:

Companies need to take notes because Paramount Pictures straight up said "We fucked up..."

Tom Mcloughlin coming down the ramp like Stome Cold Steve Austin and saving the franchise!!!

But does anyone think this will happen?
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees May 28th 2024, 5:22 am

I hope so because that's gonna be my next few posts are gonna be for the future of the franchise.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher May 29th 2024, 1:58 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:I hope so because that's gonna be my next few posts are gonna be for the future of the franchise.

Well then let me join you.
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees May 31st 2024, 8:46 am

ThePunisher wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:I hope so because that's gonna be my next few posts are gonna be for the future of the franchise.

Posted them!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher May 31st 2024, 4:47 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:
ThePunisher wrote:

Posted them!

High five!!!!
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum