Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what movie do you have the most mixed feelings on?

Go down

what movie do you have the most mixed feelings on? Empty what movie do you have the most mixed feelings on?

Post by jasn88cubs January 13th 2024, 2:05 pm

Part 3 for me

It's so quick and simple, the movie flies by and not awhole lot of "meat" to the movie unlike 2 or 4

but I love the setting, the summertime feel and I love the night scenes with the high winds

The setting is great but the main movie it's self is lacking so I always have mixed feelings
avatar
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Posts : 639
Join Date : 2020-08-06

SonofOdin6039 and Trekapedia also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

what movie do you have the most mixed feelings on? Empty Re: what movie do you have the most mixed feelings on?

Post by ThePunisher January 13th 2024, 3:36 pm

Part 5. It's a great stand-alone movie, but it's more soft porn than slasher at times. Maybe I'm weird, but I prefer things like plot, action and slasher fun than soft porn and drug use.
avatar
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Age : 56
Gender : Male
Posts : 1064
Join Date : 2021-06-06
Location : Camp Crystal Lake

jasn88cubs and Trekapedia also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

what movie do you have the most mixed feelings on? Empty Re: what movie do you have the most mixed feelings on?

Post by I'm Not a Goalie January 14th 2024, 12:36 am

Being brutalt honest... The first two. I want to love the original because it's a classic, but it's also the film I'm most likely to skip out of any of them in the franchise. It's not just because it's Pamela and not Jason either, it's just something I can't really explain. Love the practical effects, they might be the best in the Franchise before the MPAA started clutching their pearls, but everything else... I just don't like it as much as I feel I should.

The other is P2. Again, I want to like it more than I do, but I find it slow and plodding in places, though it makes up for it near the end. I feel like P3 is where they really figured out the formula and the movies really started to feel like Friday the 13th movies as I grew up knowing them. The characters also start to feel more like actual characters... Shallow one-note characters in a lot of cases yes, but I can remember the names and faces of those characters. I can't really do that with the first two aside from the main ones.

I also might be a little bit bias because I grew up watching 3-8 a lot more than the first two. The cable channels just preferred to show the films with the guy in the Hockey Mask, so I just didn't get as attached to those first two films as I did the others.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

Gender : Male
Posts : 320
Join Date : 2020-11-03
Location : Haddonfield Illinois

jasn88cubs, ThePunisher and Trekapedia also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

what movie do you have the most mixed feelings on? Empty Re: what movie do you have the most mixed feelings on?

Post by jasn88cubs January 15th 2024, 1:14 pm

great responses. I love pt 2 it's my favorite!
avatar
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Posts : 639
Join Date : 2020-08-06

Back to top Go down

what movie do you have the most mixed feelings on? Empty Re: what movie do you have the most mixed feelings on?

Post by SonofOdin6039 January 20th 2024, 10:22 am

2009 remake. I loved how it tied in both the burlap sack and hockey mask, plus the character development with two different groups of victims with assorted extra victims. However, to me it kinda degraded into a kill em and get it over with so the final chase could take place in Jason's tunnels. Don't get me wrong, that's the meat and potatoes of the franchise, I just would have liked to see it develop it little more
avatar
SonofOdin6039
Second Class
Second Class

Gender : Male
Posts : 344
Join Date : 2020-11-12
Location : Peoria Heights, Illinois

ThePunisher and Trekapedia also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

what movie do you have the most mixed feelings on? Empty Re: what movie do you have the most mixed feelings on?

Post by ThePunisher January 20th 2024, 10:30 am

SonofOdin6039 wrote:2009 remake. I loved how it tied in both the burlap sack and hockey mask, plus the character development with two different groups of victims with assorted extra victims. However, to me it kinda degraded into a kill em and get it over with so the final chase could take place in Jason's tunnels. Don't get me wrong, that's the meat and potatoes of the franchise, I just would have liked to see it develop it little more

Would you have liked to see more of a stalk and kill sequence?
avatar
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Age : 56
Gender : Male
Posts : 1064
Join Date : 2021-06-06
Location : Camp Crystal Lake

Back to top Go down

what movie do you have the most mixed feelings on? Empty Re: what movie do you have the most mixed feelings on?

Post by SonofOdin6039 January 20th 2024, 9:26 pm

Yeah, pretty much.
avatar
SonofOdin6039
Second Class
Second Class

Gender : Male
Posts : 344
Join Date : 2020-11-12
Location : Peoria Heights, Illinois

Back to top Go down

what movie do you have the most mixed feelings on? Empty Re: what movie do you have the most mixed feelings on?

Post by Pamela80 March 15th 2024, 5:14 pm

Part 7 I love the look of Jason but the characters and the bloodless kills make it a slog to get through.
Pamela80
Pamela80
Stranger
Stranger

Age : 36
Gender : Male
Posts : 7
Join Date : 2024-03-15
Location : Manchester England

Back to top Go down

what movie do you have the most mixed feelings on? Empty Re: what movie do you have the most mixed feelings on?

Post by Trekapedia April 4th 2024, 9:32 pm

Part 7 for me. Just feels like it doesn’t connect entirely like the others do you know?
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

Age : 44
Gender : Male
Posts : 430
Join Date : 2021-06-27
Location : Arizona

Back to top Go down

what movie do you have the most mixed feelings on? Empty Re: what movie do you have the most mixed feelings on?

Post by Jason Voorhees April 5th 2024, 6:20 am

It's no shocker about me and my views lol!

Friday the 13th Part V: A New Beginning: As someone else already mentioned soft-core porn, low mid-level dark humor jokes, Complete copycat storyline without it being something cool, they dressed up Roy as a Michael Myers off-brand with a hockey mask, the actors were amazing but the story and villian design weren't for me, Tom Morga deserved a more better costume design for his copycat Jason persona.

Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday: Jason design wise looked absolutely amazing to me, but the story and mythos didn't make sense and completely took away from the previous films, The Necronomicon and the Dagger being brought into the story was unnecessary, I love Adam Marcus for his directory and dedication but JGTH was just a "Nah" from me, because when I think Kane Hodder having a 3rd appearance as Jason, I would have thought it would be him because again the Costume look AMAZING it was something new but yet something familiar.

Overall the story/direction wasn't it for me.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Age : 78
Gender : Male
Posts : 2226
Join Date : 2017-06-24
Location : Camp Crystal Lake

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

ThePunisher likes this post!

Back to top Go down

what movie do you have the most mixed feelings on? Empty Re: what movie do you have the most mixed feelings on?

Post by ThePunisher April 5th 2024, 6:52 am

Jason Voorhees wrote:It's no shocker about me and my views lol!

Friday the 13th Part V: A New Beginning: As someone else already mentioned soft-core porn, low mid-level dark humor jokes, Complete copycat storyline without it being something cool, they dressed up Roy as a Michael Myers off-brand with a hockey mask, the actors were amazing but the story and villian design weren't for me, Tom Morga deserved a more better costume design for his copycat Jason persona.

Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday: Jason design wise looked absolutely amazing to me, but the story and mythos didn't make sense and completely took away from the previous films, The Necronomicon and the Dagger being brought into the story was unnecessary, I love Adam Marcus for his directory and dedication but JGTH was just a "Nah" from me, because when I think Kane Hodder having a 3rd appearance as Jason, I would have thought it would be him because again the Costume look AMAZING it was something new but yet something familiar.

Overall the story/direction wasn't it for me.

I've always tried to pretend JGTH didn't exist, but I guess it doesn't work that way. Like you said, the story and mythos, ESPECIALLY the mythos, didn't work. Thanks for bringing that out.
avatar
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Age : 56
Gender : Male
Posts : 1064
Join Date : 2021-06-06
Location : Camp Crystal Lake

Back to top Go down

what movie do you have the most mixed feelings on? Empty Re: what movie do you have the most mixed feelings on?

Post by mnknut30 May 1st 2024, 2:01 am

I UNDERSTAND completely the JGTH hate..but I happen to LOVE it. Dark, extremely brutal and violent and so many left and right turns. I mean after so many movies in the woods, and the failed attempt with Manhattan. They had to try new things to keep it going. It has its failed attempts at some shit.. but if you take the typical friday the 13th formula out the window and look at it as a stand alone.. ITs very entertaining. I mean how can you not like the carnage gore? Adult characters.. no stupid teenagers... Jason comes and affects adult lives... I think adam had BALLS and I have to respect him for going all out. Even tho sean cunningham had a lot to put his foot down. Remember, why would he just give full reigns to a first time director? He put a barrier around adam and said you have to do this and that. Cunningham even did worse shit to Jim Issac on jason X. Jim Issac almost quit the industry because of how cunningham treated him.
mnknut30
mnknut30
Hiker
Hiker

Age : 37
Gender : Male
Posts : 61
Join Date : 2021-04-26
Location : St Paul, MN

Back to top Go down

what movie do you have the most mixed feelings on? Empty Re: what movie do you have the most mixed feelings on?

Post by Jason Voorhees May 1st 2024, 2:29 am

ThePunisher wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:It's no shocker about me and my views lol!

Friday the 13th Part V: A New Beginning: As someone else already mentioned soft-core porn, low mid-level dark humor jokes, Complete copycat storyline without it being something cool, they dressed up Roy as a Michael Myers off-brand with a hockey mask, the actors were amazing but the story and villian design weren't for me, Tom Morga deserved a more better costume design for his copycat Jason persona.

Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday: Jason design wise looked absolutely amazing to me, but the story and mythos didn't make sense and completely took away from the previous films, The Necronomicon and the Dagger being brought into the story was unnecessary, I love Adam Marcus for his directory and dedication but JGTH was just a "Nah" from me, because when I think Kane Hodder having a 3rd appearance as Jason, I would have thought it would be him because again the Costume look AMAZING it was something new but yet something familiar.

Overall the story/direction wasn't it for me.

I've always tried to pretend JGTH didn't exist, but I guess it doesn't work that way.  Like you said, the story and mythos, ESPECIALLY the mythos, didn't work.  Thanks for bringing that out.

Thank you! I always be honest with what I feel and say.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Age : 78
Gender : Male
Posts : 2226
Join Date : 2017-06-24
Location : Camp Crystal Lake

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

ThePunisher likes this post!

Back to top Go down

what movie do you have the most mixed feelings on? Empty Re: what movie do you have the most mixed feelings on?

Post by Jason Voorhees May 1st 2024, 2:32 am

mnknut30 wrote:I UNDERSTAND completely the JGTH hate..but I happen to LOVE it.  Dark, extremely brutal and violent and so many left and right turns. I mean after so many movies in the woods, and the failed attempt with Manhattan.  They had to try new things to keep it going.   It has its failed attempts at some shit.. but if you take the typical friday the 13th formula out the window and look at it as a stand alone.. ITs very entertaining.    I mean how can you not like the carnage gore?  Adult characters.. no stupid teenagers... Jason comes and affects adult lives...   I think adam had BALLS and I have to respect him for going all out.  Even tho sean cunningham had a lot to put his foot down. Remember, why would he just give full reigns to a first time director? He put a barrier around adam and said you have to do this and that.   Cunningham even did worse shit to Jim Issac on jason X.  Jim Issac almost quit the industry because of how cunningham treated him.

Don't get me wrong I love a slasher or a horror with great extreme brutality/violence but the body swapping ruined it, when I think of Friday the 13th? I think of Jason Voorhees doing all of that, Kane Hodder would have been perfect for the Tent scene and the Dinner scene.

Wait what did Cunningham do to Issac???
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Age : 78
Gender : Male
Posts : 2226
Join Date : 2017-06-24
Location : Camp Crystal Lake

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

what movie do you have the most mixed feelings on? Empty Re: what movie do you have the most mixed feelings on?

Post by mnknut30 May 1st 2024, 2:42 am

I understand that.. But jason is still in the entire movie just without a mask form. I get thats a hard concept for people to take.. But i am able to escape and not let that bother me. Jason still did all of that. BUT if i was to change something I would of had jason mask form resurrected for that diner massacre. Before the voorhees house ending. The body swapping doesnt bother me at all... BUT thats me. It is also a nostalgia thing for me too. IT was the second one I ever saw and I was 8 when it came out and I remember all the TV ads and my brothers having my mom rent it for us. So it holds some personal memories for me that I cherish. Again, I understand the hate..but I will ALWAYS defend it. There is a ton of great shit in that movie.. I think it takes a massive dump ALL over part 7 and 8.

Cunningham harrassed jim on set many times.. made him change the tone of the movie, the score.. and cut scenes to make it more humorous. Jim wanted it to be dark like the first aliens movie.. and cunningham cut scenes behind his back. This is in the crystal lakes memories book. Cunningham is a pile.
mnknut30
mnknut30
Hiker
Hiker

Age : 37
Gender : Male
Posts : 61
Join Date : 2021-04-26
Location : St Paul, MN

Back to top Go down

what movie do you have the most mixed feelings on? Empty Re: what movie do you have the most mixed feelings on?

Post by Jason Voorhees May 1st 2024, 4:18 am

mnknut30 wrote:I understand that.. But jason is still in the entire movie just without a mask form.  I get thats a hard concept for people to take.. But i am able to escape and not let that bother me.  Jason still did all of that. BUT if i was to change something I would of had jason mask form resurrected for that diner massacre.  Before the voorhees house ending.    The body swapping doesnt bother me at all... BUT thats me.   It is also a nostalgia thing for me too. IT was the second one I ever saw and I was 8 when it came out and I remember all the TV ads and my brothers having my mom rent it for us. So it holds some personal memories for me that I cherish.  Again, I understand the hate..but I will ALWAYS defend it.  There is a ton of great shit in that movie.. I think it takes a massive dump ALL over part 7 and 8.

I believe they call that Trope "Nostalgia Filter" it's where ones perspective is more proudly of their more younger years or their most memorable moments, the Hockey Mask is without a doubt a synonymous factor with both Friday the 13th and Jason Voorhees for example?

Lets say 's a newly found Halloween Fan came into the community and said that "Michael as a character or the mask he obtained throughout the OG Timeline were just lame" and then saying "Corey Cunningham (Imposter Michael) was a better killer." This is due to one watching one before the others and already forming either a bond or memory that sits with them the most.

For me? I simply cant give a pass for that with JGTH, the whole trying to retcon events that's been established ruins further continuity, I give Adam Marcus the biggest credit where credit is due when it comes to doing something out of the box but for an established series? That was a major risk, I won't dog anyone who enjoys Part 9 when it's their 1st Friday but it was just all around a zigzag.

But whooooa over Part 7!? 👀 The MPAA 1000% butchered the film (along with one of the producers for being petty) but the original bloody/Gore into that single movie if released would be the most brutal Friday the 13th we would have ever seen because Jason turns a victims head into jelly! Like that movie was BRUTAL!(Theres a super cut for Part 7 where someone did their best to edit the deleted scenes into the actual film)

Part 8 I can't even talk much about because it was a major "Misleading" title, Jason's design and about 3-4 kills were memorable for me but it's overall story could have done better didn't need half of the runtime on the ship at all...

mnknut30 wrote:Cunningham harrassed jim on set many times.. made him change the tone of the movie, the score.. and cut scenes to make it more humorous. Jim wanted it to be dark like the first aliens movie.. and cunningham cut scenes behind his back. This is in the crystal lakes memories book.  Cunningham is a pile.

Yikes toxic work environments are just horrible, RIP to Jim Issac I would have been nice to have actually seen his original vision and not having anyone else meddle into his creative thinking.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Age : 78
Gender : Male
Posts : 2226
Join Date : 2017-06-24
Location : Camp Crystal Lake

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

what movie do you have the most mixed feelings on? Empty Re: what movie do you have the most mixed feelings on?

Post by ThePunisher May 1st 2024, 5:33 pm

Pamela80 wrote:Part 7 I love the look of Jason but the characters and the bloodless kills make it a slog to get through.

Imagine if we took the MPAA out of editing the kills.
avatar
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Age : 56
Gender : Male
Posts : 1064
Join Date : 2021-06-06
Location : Camp Crystal Lake

Back to top Go down

what movie do you have the most mixed feelings on? Empty Re: what movie do you have the most mixed feelings on?

Post by ThePunisher May 1st 2024, 5:36 pm

mnknut30 wrote:I UNDERSTAND completely the JGTH hate..but I happen to LOVE it. Dark, extremely brutal and violent and so many left and right turns. I mean after so many movies in the woods, and the failed attempt with Manhattan. They had to try new things to keep it going. It has its failed attempts at some shit.. but if you take the typical friday the 13th formula out the window and look at it as a stand alone.. ITs very entertaining. I mean how can you not like the carnage gore? Adult characters.. no stupid teenagers... Jason comes and affects adult lives... I think adam had BALLS and I have to respect him for going all out. Even tho sean cunningham had a lot to put his foot down. Remember, why would he just give full reigns to a first time director? He put a barrier around adam and said you have to do this and that. Cunningham even did worse shit to Jim Issac on jason X. Jim Issac almost quit the industry because of how cunningham treated him.

I agree with your points, but I still need the Friday Formula to go with a movie about Jason. Maybe they ran out of stupid teenagers for this movie.
avatar
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Age : 56
Gender : Male
Posts : 1064
Join Date : 2021-06-06
Location : Camp Crystal Lake

Back to top Go down

what movie do you have the most mixed feelings on? Empty Re: what movie do you have the most mixed feelings on?

Post by ThePunisher May 1st 2024, 5:38 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:
mnknut30 wrote:I understand that.. But jason is still in the entire movie just without a mask form.  I get thats a hard concept for people to take.. But i am able to escape and not let that bother me.  Jason still did all of that. BUT if i was to change something I would of had jason mask form resurrected for that diner massacre.  Before the voorhees house ending.    The body swapping doesnt bother me at all... BUT thats me.   It is also a nostalgia thing for me too. IT was the second one I ever saw and I was 8 when it came out and I remember all the TV ads and my brothers having my mom rent it for us. So it holds some personal memories for me that I cherish.  Again, I understand the hate..but I will ALWAYS defend it.  There is a ton of great shit in that movie.. I think it takes a massive dump ALL over part 7 and 8.

I believe they call that Trope "Nostalgia Filter" it's where ones perspective is more proudly of their more younger years or their most memorable moments, the Hockey Mask is without a doubt a synonymous factor with both Friday the 13th and Jason Voorhees for example?

Lets say 's a newly found Halloween Fan came into the community and said that "Michael as a character or the mask he obtained throughout the OG Timeline were just lame" and then saying "Corey Cunningham (Imposter Michael) was a better killer." This is due to one watching one before the others and already forming either a bond or memory that sits with them the most.

For me? I simply cant give a pass for that with JGTH, the whole trying to retcon events that's been established ruins further continuity, I give Adam Marcus the biggest credit where credit is due when it comes to doing something out of the box but for an established series? That was a major risk, I won't dog anyone who enjoys Part 9 when it's their 1st Friday but it was just all around a zigzag.

But whooooa over Part 7!? 👀 The MPAA 1000% butchered the film (along with one of the producers for being petty) but the original bloody/Gore into that single movie if released would be the most brutal Friday the 13th we would have ever seen because Jason turns a victims head into jelly! Like that movie was BRUTAL!(Theres a super cut for Part 7 where someone did their best to edit the deleted scenes into the actual film)

Part 8 I can't even talk much about because it was a major "Misleading" title, Jason's design and about 3-4 kills were memorable for me but it's overall story could have done better didn't need half of the runtime on the ship at all...

mnknut30 wrote:Cunningham harrassed jim on set many times.. made him change the tone of the movie, the score.. and cut scenes to make it more humorous. Jim wanted it to be dark like the first aliens movie.. and cunningham cut scenes behind his back. This is in the crystal lakes memories book.  Cunningham is a pile.

Yikes toxic work environments are just horrible, RIP to Jim Issac I would have been nice to have actually seen his original vision and not having anyone else meddle into his creative thinking.

I think the MPAA had it in for these movies, and gutted a lot of creative kills along the way.
avatar
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Age : 56
Gender : Male
Posts : 1064
Join Date : 2021-06-06
Location : Camp Crystal Lake

Back to top Go down

what movie do you have the most mixed feelings on? Empty Re: what movie do you have the most mixed feelings on?

Post by mnknut30 May 1st 2024, 11:34 pm

Again, I get what you guys are saying but I also have some weird tastes too lol... I also happen to be a BIG halloween 6 fan (both versions) too. I actually like the entire friday the 13th franchise.. The only one I have any beef with is takes manhattan because I hated most of the characters and hated the directing. BUT with that being said there are some iconic scenes in it that stop me from hating it.
mnknut30
mnknut30
Hiker
Hiker

Age : 37
Gender : Male
Posts : 61
Join Date : 2021-04-26
Location : St Paul, MN

I'm Not a Goalie and ThePunisher also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

what movie do you have the most mixed feelings on? Empty Re: what movie do you have the most mixed feelings on?

Post by Jason Voorhees May 2nd 2024, 2:09 pm

mnknut30 wrote:Again, I get what you guys are saying but I also have some weird tastes too lol... I also happen to be a BIG halloween 6 fan (both versions) too.  I actually like the entire friday the 13th franchise.. The only one I have any beef with is takes manhattan because I hated most of the characters and hated the directing. BUT with that being said there are some iconic scenes in it that stop me from hating it.

Yeah Jason Takes Manhattan could have been alot better if they played it off in the city from the start and not two different boats lol! Kane also had a stunt double (no offense to Ken Kirzinger) but Kane didn't need one at all lol.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Age : 78
Gender : Male
Posts : 2226
Join Date : 2017-06-24
Location : Camp Crystal Lake

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

what movie do you have the most mixed feelings on? Empty Re: what movie do you have the most mixed feelings on?

Post by ZroSkeerd May 10th 2024, 2:49 pm

Jason Takes Manhattan is the one I have the most mixed feelings about. It could've been something completely different, and it should have been, but what we got just doesn't have many redeeming qualities.

Jason's design is lazy. Part 7 is the best-looking Jason we've ever gotten, with the ribs showing through and the finger bones poking out of his gloves and the piece of his skull and teeth visible behind the gap in the mask. For Part 8 they just stuck him in a wet jumpsuit and put a yellow mask on his face, and Jason without his mask is hideous for all the wrong reasons. It looks like something leftover from a Troma movie.

It should have been called Jason Takes a Very Long Boat Ride and Ends Up in Manhattan. The stuff on the boat is just ridiculous. J.J. walks around with an electric guitar that isn't plugged into anything and a boombox, so she pretty much plays air guitar the whole time. My favorite part of that is when Jason smashes her with the guitar, the music stops like she was actually playing and it wasn't coming from the stereo we watched her press Play on.

The worst offense in my opinion, though, is Jason leaves people alone. Over the course of the series, we've established one fact about Jason - if he sees you, he's going to kill you. So why does he just show his face to the wannabe gangbangers on the street and let them run away? Why does he ignore the dozens of people in the subway car to chase Rennie and Sean? It's like dropping a shark into a tank full of fresh meat and watching him just sit there.

And I can't not mention the sewers being flooded with toxic waste every night. Even as a kid I thought that was the most ridiculous thing I'd ever heard.

The movie does have some cool kills. The hot rock in the stomach is a highlight and Julius getting his head literally knocked off is all the right kinds of awesome, and the opening kill of the girl on the boat is super brutal, with Jason almost teasing her with the spear before he finally stabs her. Every time I watch this movie I want to love it, but I just can't.
ZroSkeerd
ZroSkeerd
The Local
The Local

Gender : Male
Posts : 26
Join Date : 2024-05-09

Back to top Go down

what movie do you have the most mixed feelings on? Empty Re: what movie do you have the most mixed feelings on?

Post by Jason Voorhees May 11th 2024, 5:41 am

ZroSkeerd wrote:Jason Takes Manhattan is the one I have the most mixed feelings about. It could've been something completely different, and it should have been, but what we got just doesn't have many redeeming qualities.

Jason's design is lazy. Part 7 is the best-looking Jason we've ever gotten, with the ribs showing through and the finger bones poking out of his gloves and the piece of his skull and teeth visible behind the gap in the mask. For Part 8 they just stuck him in a wet jumpsuit and put a yellow mask on his face, and Jason without his mask is hideous for all the wrong reasons. It looks like something leftover from a Troma movie.

It should have been called Jason Takes a Very Long Boat Ride and Ends Up in Manhattan. The stuff on the boat is just ridiculous. J.J. walks around with an electric guitar that isn't plugged into anything and a boombox, so she pretty much plays air guitar the whole time. My favorite part of that is when Jason smashes her with the guitar, the music stops like she was actually playing and it wasn't coming from the stereo we watched her press Play on.

The worst offense in my opinion, though, is Jason leaves people alone. Over the course of the series, we've established one fact about Jason - if he sees you, he's going to kill you. So why does he just show his face to the wannabe gangbangers on the street and let them run away? Why does he ignore the dozens of people in the subway car to chase Rennie and Sean? It's like dropping a shark into a tank full of fresh meat and watching him just sit there.

And I can't not mention the sewers being flooded with toxic waste every night. Even as a kid I thought that was the most ridiculous thing I'd ever heard.

The movie does have some cool kills. The hot rock in the stomach is a highlight and Julius getting his head literally knocked off is all the right kinds of awesome, and the opening kill of the girl on the boat is super brutal, with Jason almost teasing her with the spear before he finally stabs her. Every time I watch this movie I want to love it, but I just can't.

Trust me ALOT of people say the same thing about Jason Takes Manhattan and I can completely understand that, I don't get the hardcore defenders at all lol! The movie was a complete mislead.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Age : 78
Gender : Male
Posts : 2226
Join Date : 2017-06-24
Location : Camp Crystal Lake

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

what movie do you have the most mixed feelings on? Empty Re: what movie do you have the most mixed feelings on?

Post by ThePunisher May 11th 2024, 7:33 am

Jason Voorhees wrote:
ZroSkeerd wrote:Jason Takes Manhattan is the one I have the most mixed feelings about. It could've been something completely different, and it should have been, but what we got just doesn't have many redeeming qualities.

Jason's design is lazy. Part 7 is the best-looking Jason we've ever gotten, with the ribs showing through and the finger bones poking out of his gloves and the piece of his skull and teeth visible behind the gap in the mask. For Part 8 they just stuck him in a wet jumpsuit and put a yellow mask on his face, and Jason without his mask is hideous for all the wrong reasons. It looks like something leftover from a Troma movie.

It should have been called Jason Takes a Very Long Boat Ride and Ends Up in Manhattan. The stuff on the boat is just ridiculous. J.J. walks around with an electric guitar that isn't plugged into anything and a boombox, so she pretty much plays air guitar the whole time. My favorite part of that is when Jason smashes her with the guitar, the music stops like she was actually playing and it wasn't coming from the stereo we watched her press Play on.

The worst offense in my opinion, though, is Jason leaves people alone. Over the course of the series, we've established one fact about Jason - if he sees you, he's going to kill you. So why does he just show his face to the wannabe gangbangers on the street and let them run away? Why does he ignore the dozens of people in the subway car to chase Rennie and Sean? It's like dropping a shark into a tank full of fresh meat and watching him just sit there.

And I can't not mention the sewers being flooded with toxic waste every night. Even as a kid I thought that was the most ridiculous thing I'd ever heard.

The movie does have some cool kills. The hot rock in the stomach is a highlight and Julius getting his head literally knocked off is all the right kinds of awesome, and the opening kill of the girl on the boat is super brutal, with Jason almost teasing her with the spear before he finally stabs her. Every time I watch this movie I want to love it, but I just can't.

Trust me ALOT of people say the same thing about Jason Takes Manhattan and I can completely understand that, I don't get the hardcore defenders at all lol! The movie was a complete mislead.

People laughed when the previews came out.
avatar
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Age : 56
Gender : Male
Posts : 1064
Join Date : 2021-06-06
Location : Camp Crystal Lake

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum