Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my thoughts on Halloween films

Go down

my thoughts on Halloween films Empty my thoughts on Halloween films

Post by jasn88cubs October 26th 2023, 6:23 pm

Halloween-Classic, just a great film

pt 2---was good until they got to hospital

pt 3--not a bad film maybe a bit overrated? still decent though

pt 4-great, felt like it was actual Halloween. loved the setting

pt 5-should have kept Rachel longer,not horrible but not great

pt 6- I like it the more I watch

H20- Hated the setting. Just a bad atmosphere. I can watch it though

ressurection-strong dislike

Rob Zomie Halloween movies--turned pt 1 off after 20 minutes, never watched it again or pt 2

Halloween 2018--it was alright

Halloween kills-dull

Halloween ends-no just no
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Trekapedia likes this post!

Back to top Go down

my thoughts on Halloween films Empty Re: my thoughts on Halloween films

Post by Jason Voorhees October 27th 2023, 3:37 am

Halloween 1978: Classic I love it!!

Halloween II: Another Classic!!!

Halloween 3: Season of the Witch: Eeeeh 6/10

Halloween 4-6: Why tho? Danielle Harris performance made it more than watchable but the gimmick of the plot/humanization of Michael was horrid, the magical aspects were unnecessary the evil supernatural stuff would have been better 100%.

Halloween H20/RESURRECTION: Horrible installments that were just obviously Cash Grabs, the Masks were just bad in my eyes.

RZ Halloween: It wasn't at all a Bad Remake for me I love the first Rob Zombie Halloween it's the 1st in the remake generation.

RZ Halloween 2: Wasn't better than the 1st one at all, the white horse gimmick was annoying and the way Michael survived was beyond unbelievable.

Halloween 2018: It's a Perfect retcon sequel to the 1978 Film! It's amazingly directed.

Halloween Kills: a loving sequel that gave us more blood, Gore, and death! This is what a Sequel to a Halloween film should have been.

Halloween Ends: It felt like F13 Part V and it was a sad take away from Michael and Laurie killing each other as stated in Kills, could have been ALOT better, Corey character was wasted tho.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm Not a Goalie October 28th 2023, 7:26 pm

Halloween: My Absolute favorite Horror Movie. Still stands up more than forty years later.

Halloween 2: Don't hate it, but don't love it either. Part of what made Halloween work so well was Laurie and her friends being so oblivious to the danger lurking in the shadows, and some of that is lost in the sequel with the entire town now on high alert. Characters feel a lot more disposal in this film too.

Season of the Witch: I actually enjoy this film for what it is. Not my favorite or a must watch but serviceable.

Halloween Four: Back to Basic and I love it. Child Actors are usually so bad, that it makes Danielle Harris' performance all that more impressive. A fun back-to-basics Slasher Movie... Even if the mask looks horrible.

Halloween Five: A serious Step Down from Part 4. Danielle Harris still steals the show, but everything else is a mess. Annoying side characters that are as dumb as dirt, and I don't like the direction they took Loomis. It felt like they went a little too far in the obsessed doctor direction they hinted at in P4.

Halloween 6: I can't lie, I enjoy this Movie despite all it's problems. I hate the cult of Thorne supernatural angle, but it entertains me enough that I can forgive and ignore it. They certainly do towards the end. Seeing Dr. Loomis back to normal was refreshing too. When I talk about part six, I imagine this must but what Friday fans who enjoy JGTH feel like when they're trying to defend that film, lol. Less said about the non-sensical director's cut the better.

Halloween H20. I used to enjoy it... Liked it less every time I watched it... And Now and I can't even bother with it. It's boring, and I blame Scream, which came out a couple of years earlier, for having a little too much influence on it. At times that movie did feel more like a Scream Clone than a true Halloween sequel.

Halloween Resurrection: Barf. Full Scream Clone syndrome in effect, and one of the top five worst horror movies I've ever seen. Let's move on please...

Zombieween: I'm sorry I just do not care for Rob Zombie's version at all. It feels like it took every thing great about the original and spat in it's face. From the Trailer Park atmosphere, to the over reliance on brutality and shock value that the original Classic needed none of. There's no subtlety and Michael no longer feels like The Shape. Zombieween feels more like one of his Firefly movies masquerading as Halloween. It doesn't help that Zombie likes to use the same actors who all only seem to know how to play one type of character.

Zombieween 2: No.

Halloween 2018: Now we're back to form here! Just a good fun Slasher Movie that Goes Back to basics. Not perfect but it didn't have to be. My only problem with it was erasing every other movie from cannon, but writing a script that would make more sense if the other movies happened. Jamie Lee was great as always but I think her PTSD would've been more believable if Halloween 2 had happened. It would make a lot more sense for her to be terrified he'd come back for her and her family if he'd actually shown he'd do that by stalking her into the Hospital.

Halloween Kills: Not as good as the first, but a serviceable enough movie I could enjoy. I liked the little setups for this film that were left in Halloween 2018 that I never even picked up until I watched 2018 again. Again, I think the town going nuts over Michael being on the lose again would've made more sense if the other movies had happened... Remember, according this this cannon Michael has killed a grand total of five people before Halloween 2018.

Halloween Ends: What a giant fuck you to end the trilogy. And underwhelming final confrontation between Mike and Laurie, an obvious red-herring killer mantle passing that was never going to happen, and worse of all... Michael is barely present in what's supposed to be his swan song and Corey winds up doing most of the killing. I'm sorry, this film just did not work for me on any level. (Though I did like the concept of Evil seeping into the town of Haddonfield itself, and it's potential for maybe a spinoff series that could possibly honor the original Halloween's intention to be an anthology series)

I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher November 4th 2023, 9:17 am

Halloween 1978- excellent movie all around. This movie sets the standard for movies to come

Halloween 2 1981 - great sequel. A while back, there was a Saturday Matinee movie store in the local mall by the food court. They had televisions you could see in the hallway facing the food court. Imagine playing the hot tub scene with these little kids going to get pizza or Taco Bell with ther parents and watching this movie and the hot tub scene in particular.

Halloween 3 -I never got into this movie. Sorry guys.

Halloween 4- loved it!!!! It was wonderful to watch when it came out. We got Danielle Harris and Elle Cornell in this one.

Halloween 5- liked this as well. Rachel should have lived longer, and I liked Tina despite the naysayers.

Halloween 6 - only saw this twice. I don't have anything bad to say about it, just never liked the new Jamie Lloyd.

H20 - I liked it, but I wonder how Michael tracked her to California(?). Does he have GPS?

Resurrection - Busta Rhymes ruined this movie for me.

The RZ movies I could NOT stand.

Halloween 2018- not bad. The best of the new trilogy.

Halloween Kills- sorry, this was just another movie for me.

Let's not talk about Halloween Ends.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

jasn88cubs and Trekapedia also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by t8mc November 8th 2023, 2:11 pm

Controversially, I think Halloween as a series is awful.

I find the first film impossibly dull. Always have. Used to rate the 2nd one but it's not aged well.

I attempted to re-watch all of them but bailed after 5. Couldn't take it anymore.

I remember hating H20 in the cinema. I didn't get very far with the Rob Zombie remake.

The final trilogy, for me, is the worst trilogy in film ever. 2018 was boring, Kills was just phenomenally stupid, Ends was the worst film that year (and that was in a year that included the new Mortal Kombat movie!).

I like 3 a lot. It was like a John Carpenter film but stupider.
t8mc
t8mc
Town Resident
Town Resident

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees November 8th 2023, 2:15 pm

t8mc wrote:Controversially, I think Halloween as a series is awful.

I find the first film impossibly dull.  Always have.  Used to rate the 2nd one but it's not aged well.

I attempted to re-watch all of them but bailed after 5.  Couldn't take it anymore.

I remember hating H20 in the cinema.  I didn't get very far with the Rob Zombie remake.

The final trilogy, for me, is the worst trilogy in film ever.  2018 was boring, Kills was just phenomenally stupid, Ends was the worst film that year (and that was in a year that included the new Mortal Kombat movie!).  

I like 3 a lot.  It was like a John Carpenter film but stupider.

Everyone's opinion (aka perspective) is always welcomed! As I said in my response haha its how I felt so I don't blame you.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by mnknut30 February 7th 2024, 3:39 pm

Halloween- Legendary movie. Enough Said. 5/5

pt 2---Borefest with some occasional cool shots and kills. 2.5/5

pt 3--not appreciated enough. Love it for what it is without myers. 4/5

pt 4- Felt like fall, had that halloween atmosphere. Some great characters. Stupid mask 3.5/5

pt 5- How Akkad could allow them to film this script is beyond me. 1/5

pt 6- Great Atmosphere. Both versions. If both versions meshed together. Could of been received much better. Gore from theatrical with the producers cut. 3/5. Faulty, has many problems but many cool shots, and awesome kills. Michael is RUTHLESS.

H20- First one I saw in theaters. Loved it then. Love it now.. but i find more problems with it these days. INTRO is amazing.

ressurection- Dog shit thrown on screen. 0/5

Rob Zombie Halloween movies-- 1st one: I thought the backstory was better than the remake part. 2.5/5
Part 2: Hated it for years but recently rediscovered it. Brad Dourif and Danielle harris both
put on incredible performances in a messy script. 2.5/5

Halloween 2018--Thought it was good! Strong. 3.5/5

Halloween kills- Great kills, brutality. Stupid plot problems. Anthony Michael Hall sucked! 2/5

Halloween ends- Very problematic. Some scenes I dug.. the script was just terrible tho. 1.5/5
mnknut30
mnknut30
Town Resident
Town Resident

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan1987 April 21st 2024, 3:21 pm

One movie is better than another, all of them are definitely watchable. My personal favorite is Halloween 2. As for some movies being worse, I remember hating RZH 2, when I first saw it. I considered it a complete nonsense. Then after some years this simply got away and whenever RZH 2 was on TV, I was happy that I can watch it again. I didn't care about Michael looking homeless, didn't care about anything.

I have recently rewatched Halloween Ends and man, what a disturbing psychological horror drama. Gave me shivers and I loved every minute of it. In other words, everything needs time, in a couple of years from now on, people are going to appreciate the last three movies much more than they do now.
Ivan1987
Ivan1987
Hiker
Hiker

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher April 21st 2024, 3:47 pm

At this point, I'll watch any of the Halloween movies EXCEPT the RZ movies. I completely despise those movies, but I understand that people are going to like them.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum