Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michael's driving

Go down

Michael's driving Empty Michael's driving

Post by ThePunisher June 27th 2023, 7:02 am

We all remember Michael Myers driving from the sanitarium to Haddonfield in the first movie. He also drove Mikey's car in part 5. The car he drove in part 5 was a stick shift as well. AND Michael Myers was nice enough to drop tina at the store for a pack of cigarettes. Isn't it amazing all the things Michael has accomplished?

Wouldn't it have been fun to see Michael drive other vehicles?
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Michael's driving Empty Re: Michael's driving

Post by Jason Voorhees June 27th 2023, 9:35 am

Honestly seeing Michael go into a Semi-Truck and going rampage would honestly be fun to see!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

ThePunisher likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm Not a Goalie June 27th 2023, 11:11 am

To be perfectly honest it used to bother me. I know it was mostly thrown in for plot convivence to get Michael back to Haddonfield, but at least they tried to explain it which most lesser movies wouldn't have even bothered to do. He would've just shown up with no explanation. (Kind of like Jason on Elm Street...lol) It doesn't bother me anymore though. It's just one of those things that adds to Michael's mystique.

His driving also contributed to a fun experience I had watching the Movie. Halloween is my favorite horror film, and I'd probably seen it dozens of times before I noticed it was Michael driving the Smith's Grove car passed Loomis during the Hardware store scene. I completely geeked out the first time I noticed then cursed myself on how I never picked up on that before. You're just so focused on Loomis in that scene it's easy to miss what's going on in the background.

There's a similar scene in Part 6 that I didn't noticed until just this last year where Kara's talking with her brother and his girlfriend in front of the university I think, and Michael's just quietly loitering around in the background. That's what I love about Michael. He's such a creeper he can sneaking around in the shadows or plain site and even a hardened fan might miss him.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

OCT 31 1978 and ThePunisher also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees June 27th 2023, 9:22 pm

I'm Not a Goalie wrote:To be perfectly honest it used to bother me. I know it was mostly thrown in for plot convivence to get Michael back to Haddonfield, but at least they tried to explain it which most lesser movies wouldn't have even bothered to do. He would've just shown up with no explanation. (Kind of like Jason on Elm Street...lol) It doesn't bother me anymore though. It's just one of those things that adds to Michael's mystique.

His driving also contributed to a fun experience I had watching the Movie. Halloween is my favorite horror film, and I'd probably seen it dozens of times before I noticed it was Michael driving the Smith's Grove car passed Loomis during the Hardware store scene. I completely geeked out the first time I noticed then cursed myself on how I never picked up on that before. You're just so focused on Loomis in that scene it's easy to miss what's going on in the background.

There's a similar scene in Part 6 that I didn't noticed until just this last year where Kara's talking with her brother and his girlfriend in front of the university I think, and Michael's just quietly loitering around in the background. That's what I love about Michael. He's such a creeper he can sneaking around in the shadows or plain site and even a hardened fan might miss him.

In alot of different shots you can sorta see glimpses of Michael walking around and stalking.

The Car stuff is perfectly fine as long as they didn't just say "He just knew how to drive." And if I remember a Nurse.or a staff taught him which shows Michael is intelligent and just acts like he isn't on purpose the ultimate trickery.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by SonofOdin6039 June 30th 2023, 3:29 pm

In Part 5 outside of the children's hospital, you can see Michael stalking under the tree in the background watching Tina and Kelly. The car chase scene in the field was pretty good if you ignore the fact that Jamie was able to avoid becomingma hood ornament. I always thought if Tina had a shred of brains, she would have run over to the police car, dragged out the dead cop, and used it to fight off Michael in a demolition derby matchup. I think it would have been a more dramatic death for her send Michaels car flying into a tree then crashing herself. But she died a heroic death nonetheless, one of the few to have willingly sacrificed herself to save the protagonist rather than be killed just by being there, like Grady in Part 4
SonofOdin6039
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher June 30th 2023, 7:09 pm

SonofOdin6039 wrote:In Part 5 outside of the children's hospital, you can see Michael stalking under the tree in the background watching Tina and Kelly. The car chase scene in the field was pretty good if you ignore the fact that Jamie was able to avoid becomingma hood ornament. I always thought if Tina had a shred of brains, she would have run over to the police car, dragged out the dead cop, and used it to fight off Michael in a demolition derby matchup. I think it would have been a more dramatic death for her send Michaels car flying into a tree then crashing herself. But she died a heroic death nonetheless, one of the few to have willingly sacrificed herself to save the protagonist rather than be killed just by being there, like Grady in Part 4

Or Bucky at the power plant. Speaking of the police car, how many people would have had the presence of mind to try what you said?
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees June 30th 2023, 7:53 pm

Michael seems to drive just for traveling reasoning and if it's for killing its inconsistent.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum