Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The It movies

Go down

The It movies Empty The It movies

Post by ThePunisher May 28th 2023, 1:23 pm

Did you see any of these movies? What was your favorite, the 1990 mini-series or the two feature films that came out more recently?
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

The It movies Empty Re: The It movies

Post by I'm Not a Goalie May 28th 2023, 4:20 pm

My feelings on both versions of these movies were the same I had of the book. I enjoyed the first half that focused on the kids dealing with IT, but felt the story kind of dragged and lost some of its creep factor. after the time skip. I attribute this to the fact that I don't find clowns particularly scary, so the creepy clown gimmick worked better for me when he was stalking the vulnerable children, and didn't quite work as well for me once the characters were adults. I also didn't care much for the memory wipe shenanigan's.

Overall I feel like the remakes were better films overall, doing a much better job at actually being scary, but something about Tim Curry's performance as Pennywise gives the Miniseries something that the modern version lacks.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

ThePunisher likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees May 28th 2023, 5:41 pm

Oh man lol! the long "Original Vs Reboot"

See I love both and if Im going to be honest here? both have their own uniqueness that you can't even compare and love them the way you want too!

One doesn't follow the novel 100% and follows about 40-55% but yet makes the character more for itself, Tim Curry made pennywise a truly scary of "Not to talk to strangers" during his era which surely depicts this idea of a mysterious clown figure going around killing people, that's really an "alien" more than a cosmic entity, this IT was more about playing the actual part but also staying true to the clowns gimmick which is what we got!

One does follow the novel more about 75-80% of the time and makes the character what it was...a nightmare fuel clown! this is what Pennywise was supposed to be a Cosmic entity, he has no true form but whatever IT chooses to take during its eras, and Bill Skarsgård embodies this by being more manipulative and devious, using illusions and sorta almost like "Reality Warping" abilities.

The similarities are the clowns, killing n consuming kids, and the fact both are nightmare fuel in their own right.

The difference for me is the design, method of killing, and the characteristics!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Fair Play June 1st 2023, 12:43 am

I enjoyed the book, as well as the films. I was inspired to draft an idea for a game, but didn't really go too far with it. Like all of my ideas, I add to the notebook whenever inspiration hits.
Fair Play
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees June 2nd 2023, 3:07 pm

Fair Play wrote:I enjoyed the book, as well as the films. I was inspired to draft an idea for a game, but didn't really go too far with it. Like all of my ideas, I add to the notebook whenever inspiration hits.

That sounds interesting! Thanks for sharing Fair! Hopefully you get more inspiration!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Fair Play likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Fair Play June 3rd 2023, 12:49 am

Jason Voorhees wrote:That sounds interesting! Thanks for sharing Fair! Hopefully you get more inspiration!

Thanks for the encouragement old friend. I'll keep at it.
Fair Play
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum