Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Indiana Jones

Go down

Indiana Jones Empty Indiana Jones

Post by ThePunisher May 28th 2023, 1:18 pm

The next movie is coming out soon. Are you looking forward to this? Will it be better than the Shia Laboeuf movie?
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Age : 56
Gender : Male
Posts : 1149
Join Date : 2021-06-06
Location : Camp Crystal Lake

Back to top Go down

Indiana Jones Empty Re: Indiana Jones

Post by Fair Play June 1st 2023, 12:45 am

ThePunisher wrote:The next movie is coming out soon. Are you looking forward to this? Will it be better than the Shia Laboeuf movie?

I am looking forward to the upcoming movie.

Anything would be better than the fourth movie that shall not be named.
avatar
Fair Play
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Gender : Male
Posts : 206
Join Date : 2020-11-04
Location : In the mancave

Back to top Go down

Indiana Jones Empty Re: Indiana Jones

Post by ThePunisher June 3rd 2023, 6:56 pm

This is coming out June 30th.
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Age : 56
Gender : Male
Posts : 1149
Join Date : 2021-06-06
Location : Camp Crystal Lake

Back to top Go down

Indiana Jones Empty Re: Indiana Jones

Post by OCT 31 1978 June 3rd 2023, 7:33 pm

Nope not looking forward to it, I have lost faith in Disney’s ability to make good movies using Legacy Franchises …. They are creatively bankrupt and use these Franchises to push Propaganda politics….

As far as I am concerned 4 is the last Indy film and even though it’s not as good as the OG 3 I guarantee it will be considered a masterpiece compared to this next film.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Gender : Male
Posts : 750
Join Date : 2020-11-03

I'm Not a Goalie likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Indiana Jones Empty Re: Indiana Jones

Post by I'm Not a Goalie June 4th 2023, 1:43 am

OCT 31 1978 wrote:Nope not looking forward to it, I have lost faith in Disney’s ability to make good movies using Legacy Franchises …. They are creatively bankrupt and use these Franchises to push Propaganda politics….

As far as I am concerned 4 is the last Indy film and even though it’s not as good as the OG 3 I guarantee it will be considered a masterpiece compared to this next film.

I was particularly put off when I heard rumors that the original plans for the ending was to basically erase Indiana Jones from existence, and making it like the Shaw character was actually the person who went on all his adventures... Because, well, we know exactly the reasons why. Shaw reportedly had a lot of cringe dialogue that would've been extremely out-of-place for the time period that apparently tested so poorly in screen tests, Disney actually made the decision to go back and tone it down a bit. Don't know if either of these are true, they were just rumors I heard from sources I trust, and knowing modern Hollywood... It all sounds exactly like crap they try to pull all the time nowadays.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

Gender : Male
Posts : 329
Join Date : 2020-11-03
Location : Haddonfield Illinois

OCT 31 1978 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Indiana Jones Empty Re: Indiana Jones

Post by OCT 31 1978 June 4th 2023, 5:01 pm

I'm Not a Goalie wrote:
OCT 31 1978 wrote:Nope not looking forward to it, I have lost faith in Disney’s ability to make good movies using Legacy Franchises …. They are creatively bankrupt and use these Franchises to push Propaganda politics….

As far as I am concerned 4 is the last Indy film and even though it’s not as good as the OG 3 I guarantee it will be considered a masterpiece compared to this next film.

I was particularly put off when I heard rumors that the original plans for the ending was to basically erase Indiana Jones from existence, and making it like the Shaw character was actually the person who went on all his adventures... Because, well, we know exactly the reasons why. Shaw reportedly had a lot of cringe dialogue that would've been extremely out-of-place for the time period that apparently tested so poorly in screen tests, Disney actually made the decision to go back and tone it down a bit. Don't know if either of these are true, they were just rumors I heard from sources I trust, and knowing modern Hollywood... It all sounds exactly like crap they try to pull all the time nowadays.



Yes! I heard the same! More than likely most of if not all those rumors are true.
I just can’t support Disney…..after Star Wars, the Terrible shows, every Marvel movie in the last 6 years……the Gender/ identity politics in everything they do now ….. the way they use popular IP’s to push it, replacing existing Characters or making them look buffoonish compared to what they started as……I can’t and will not support it…. That’s Disneys MO now and I am sure they will do the exact same to my Beloved INDY…. So count me out of watching this joke of a movie.

The way the Director has come out to say none of that was in the story……and the large amount of times I heard the test screening were exactly the rumors confirmed….it baffles me beyond words…… why this character why these stories…. Is it a vendetta to erase them? make them less then they were? What?

OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Gender : Male
Posts : 750
Join Date : 2020-11-03

I'm Not a Goalie likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Indiana Jones Empty Re: Indiana Jones

Post by Fair Play June 4th 2023, 6:05 pm

OCT 31 1978 wrote:I just can’t support Disney…..after Star Wars, the Terrible shows, every Marvel movie in the last 6 years……the Gender/ identity politics in everything they do now ….. the way they use popular IP’s to push it, replacing existing Characters or making them look buffoonish compared to what they started as……I can’t and will not support it…. That’s Disneys MO now and I am sure they will do the exact same to my Beloved INDY…. So count me out of watching this joke of a movie.

Star Wars Episode IX left a sour taste in my mouth.

I hope the upcoming Indy film doesn't do the same, but I suspect it will.
avatar
Fair Play
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Gender : Male
Posts : 206
Join Date : 2020-11-04
Location : In the mancave

OCT 31 1978 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Indiana Jones Empty Re: Indiana Jones

Post by OCT 31 1978 June 5th 2023, 6:38 am

Fair Play wrote:
OCT 31 1978 wrote:I just can’t support Disney…..after Star Wars, the Terrible shows, every Marvel movie in the last 6 years……the Gender/ identity politics in everything they do now ….. the way they use popular IP’s to push it, replacing existing Characters or making them look buffoonish compared to what they started as……I can’t and will not support it…. That’s Disneys MO now and I am sure they will do the exact same to my Beloved INDY…. So count me out of watching this joke of a movie.

Star Wars Episode IX left a sour taste in my mouth.

I hope the upcoming Indy film doesn't do the same, but I suspect it will.



I hope for you buddy that it is not the train wreck I believe it to be!
If people get enjoyment out of it that’s great…. And eventually I will Watch it but not in theaters supporting that company….

The vibe I get from the trailer and story details I have read is…..some Fan service included but only to Jake Skywalker our beloved hero so he can then be shown how he should be by female counterpart, (who can do everything he can but better in most ways)…..
Que in Indy getting his mojo back after being put in his place by said character and then sacrificing himself to save her and everyone else,( that will endear him to everyone again.) she will then honor his memory by replacing him thur History……
if I am wrong I will apologize and be the first to admit it but the writing is on the wall based on past story decisions made by Creatively Bankrupt Hollywood and the way Disney has used these Popular IPs in the past.

I know this post will come off a bit bitter in some ways but these entertainment companies have made me this way ……these last few years have been an absolute Abomination by Hollywood storytelling and their ways of push agendas, Diversity and inclusiveness….. I am all for creating new and inclusive characters that stand on their own merits……but not the way it’s being done or has been done…..there just is a better way to do it without belittling and buffoonery tactics using existing characters or replacing existing characters or changing them to the point of them being unrecognizable, some of these characters have been a certain way for 75+ years with established histories…… but who cares right??? If you care you are a racist or bigot? Gatekeeping? Unbelievable I have never in my life seen the way people attack you for a difference of opinion today.


And Hollywoods model and Future cultural MO has been writing on the wall for a few years now…
“His is a Straight white, male Hero in 2023….. erase / or replace him, no one can relate to his character actions of style of heroism today.”

OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Gender : Male
Posts : 750
Join Date : 2020-11-03

Back to top Go down

Indiana Jones Empty Re: Indiana Jones

Post by ThePunisher June 5th 2023, 6:42 am

Fair Play wrote:
OCT 31 1978 wrote:I just can’t support Disney…..after Star Wars, the Terrible shows, every Marvel movie in the last 6 years……the Gender/ identity politics in everything they do now ….. the way they use popular IP’s to push it, replacing existing Characters or making them look buffoonish compared to what they started as……I can’t and will not support it…. That’s Disneys MO now and I am sure they will do the exact same to my Beloved INDY…. So count me out of watching this joke of a movie.

Star Wars Episode IX left a sour taste in my mouth.

I hope the upcoming Indy film doesn't do the same, but I suspect it will.

I think Episode IX left a sour taste in the mouths of a lot of people.
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Age : 56
Gender : Male
Posts : 1149
Join Date : 2021-06-06
Location : Camp Crystal Lake

OCT 31 1978 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Indiana Jones Empty Re: Indiana Jones

Post by SonofOdin6039 June 5th 2023, 12:02 pm

Luckily for me I bought all the current Indiana Jones movies on DVD, so screw Disney. I loved the first three and tolerated the fourth simply because it's Indiana Jones. I have mixed feelings about whether to watch the new one or not, yea because it's Indiana Jones and there aren't too many new good movies out, and nay because it's a Disney product now. There was a time when Disney movies were pretty good and rewatchable, but those days are fading fast. My friends, we are SCREWED if Disney gets their greedy hands on Friday the 13th or Halloween. You can see the pattern with Star Wars, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Marvel. I can only hope for the future. A fool's hope, no doubt, but hope. Cheers and game on, my friends
avatar
SonofOdin6039
Second Class
Second Class

Gender : Male
Posts : 345
Join Date : 2020-11-12
Location : Peoria Heights, Illinois

OCT 31 1978 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Indiana Jones Empty Re: Indiana Jones

Post by ThePunisher June 5th 2023, 12:12 pm

SonofOdin6039 wrote:Luckily for me I bought all the current Indiana Jones movies on DVD, so screw Disney. I loved the first three and tolerated the fourth simply because it's Indiana Jones. I have mixed feelings about whether to watch the new one or not, yea because it's Indiana Jones and there aren't too many new good movies out, and nay because it's a Disney product now. There was a time when Disney movies were pretty good and rewatchable, but those days are fading fast. My friends, we are SCREWED if Disney gets their greedy hands on Friday the 13th or Halloween. You can see the pattern with Star Wars, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Marvel. I can only hope for the future. A fool's hope, no doubt, but hope. Cheers and game on, my friends

If they DO get a hold of Friday the 13th or Halloween, I would march on headquarters. Anyone want to come????
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Age : 56
Gender : Male
Posts : 1149
Join Date : 2021-06-06
Location : Camp Crystal Lake

OCT 31 1978 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Indiana Jones Empty Re: Indiana Jones

Post by Fair Play June 5th 2023, 5:40 pm

OCT 31 1978 wrote:I hope for you buddy that it is not the train wreck I believe it to be!
If people get enjoyment out of it that’s great…. And eventually I will Watch it but not in theaters supporting that company….

The vibe I get from the trailer and story details I have read is…..some Fan service included but only to Jake Skywalker our beloved hero so he can then be shown how he should be by female counterpart, (who can do everything he can but better in most ways)…..
Que in Indy getting his mojo back after being put in his place by said character and then sacrificing himself to save her and everyone else,( that will endear him to everyone again.) she will then honor his memory by replacing him thur History……
if I am wrong I will apologize and be the first to admit it but the writing is on the wall based on past story decisions made by Creatively Bankrupt Hollywood and the way Disney has used these Popular IPs in the past.

I know this post will come off a bit bitter in some ways but these entertainment companies have made me this way ……these last few years have been an absolute Abomination by Hollywood storytelling and their ways of push agendas, Diversity and inclusiveness….. I am all for creating new and inclusive characters that stand on their own merits……but not the way it’s being done or has been done…..there just is a better way to do it without belittling and buffoonery tactics using existing characters or replacing existing characters or changing them to the point of them being unrecognizable, some of these characters have been a certain way for 75+ years with established histories…… but who cares right??? If you care you are a racist or bigot? Gatekeeping? Unbelievable I have never in my life seen the way people attack you for a difference of opinion today.

And Hollywoods model and Future cultural MO has been writing on the wall for a few years now…
“His is a Straight white, male Hero in 2023….. erase / or replace him, no one can relate to his character actions of style of heroism today.”

You make some very good points. Hollywood is a totally different entity than its past form. I miss the old days. I'm not keen on the way a difference of opinion is handled by society in 2023.

I'll probably skip the theater experience this time around, and wait a while before seeing this movie.

ThePunisher wrote:I think Episode IX left a sour taste in the mouths of a lot of people.

I am still trying to dull that sour taste. No luck yet. You think some scotch or whiskey might help?

SonofOdin6039 wrote:Luckily for me I bought all the current Indiana Jones movies on DVD, so screw Disney. I loved the first three and tolerated the fourth simply because it's Indiana Jones. I have mixed feelings about whether to watch the new one or not, yea because it's Indiana Jones and there aren't too many new good movies out, and nay because it's a Disney product now. There was a time when Disney movies were pretty good and rewatchable, but those days are fading fast. My friends, we are SCREWED if Disney gets their greedy hands on Friday the 13th or Halloween. You can see the pattern with Star Wars, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Marvel. I can only hope for the future. A fool's hope, no doubt, but hope. Cheers and game on, my friends

I have that same hope you have.

Classic Disney will always hold a place in my heart.

ThePunisher wrote:If they DO get a hold of Friday the 13th or Halloween, I would march on headquarters. Anyone want to come????

Count me in.

avatar
Fair Play
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Gender : Male
Posts : 206
Join Date : 2020-11-04
Location : In the mancave

OCT 31 1978 and SonofOdin6039 also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Indiana Jones Empty Re: Indiana Jones

Post by ThePunisher June 6th 2023, 6:34 am

Fair Play wrote:
OCT 31 1978 wrote:I hope for you buddy that it is not the train wreck I believe it to be!
If people get enjoyment out of it that’s great…. And eventually I will Watch it but not in theaters supporting that company….

The vibe I get from the trailer and story details I have read is…..some Fan service included but only to Jake Skywalker our beloved hero so he can then be shown how he should be by female counterpart, (who can do everything he can but better in most ways)…..
Que in Indy getting his mojo back after being put in his place by said character and then sacrificing himself to save her and everyone else,( that will endear him to everyone again.) she will then honor his memory by replacing him thur History……
if I am wrong I will apologize and be the first to admit it but the writing is on the wall based on past story decisions made by Creatively Bankrupt Hollywood and the way Disney has used these Popular IPs in the past.

I know this post will come off a bit bitter in some ways but these entertainment companies have made me this way ……these last few years have been an absolute Abomination by Hollywood storytelling and their ways of push agendas, Diversity and inclusiveness….. I am all for creating new and inclusive characters that stand on their own merits……but not the way it’s being done or has been done…..there just is a better way to do it without belittling and buffoonery tactics using existing characters or replacing existing characters or changing them to the point of them being unrecognizable, some of these characters have been a certain way for 75+ years with established histories…… but who cares right??? If you care you are a racist or bigot? Gatekeeping? Unbelievable I have never in my life seen the way people attack you for a difference of opinion today.

And Hollywoods model and Future cultural MO has been writing on the wall for a few years now…
“His is a Straight white, male Hero in 2023….. erase / or replace him, no one can relate to his character actions of style of heroism today.”

You make some very good points. Hollywood is a totally different entity than its past form. I miss the old days. I'm not keen on the way a difference of opinion is handled by society in 2023.

I'll probably skip the theater experience this time around, and wait a while before seeing this movie.

ThePunisher wrote:I think Episode IX left a sour taste in the mouths of a lot of people.

I am still trying to dull that sour taste. No luck yet. You think some scotch or whiskey might help?

SonofOdin6039 wrote:Luckily for me I bought all the current Indiana Jones movies on DVD, so screw Disney. I loved the first three and tolerated the fourth simply because it's Indiana Jones. I have mixed feelings about whether to watch the new one or not, yea because it's Indiana Jones and there aren't too many new good movies out, and nay because it's a Disney product now. There was a time when Disney movies were pretty good and rewatchable, but those days are fading fast. My friends, we are SCREWED if Disney gets their greedy hands on Friday the 13th or Halloween. You can see the pattern with Star Wars, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Marvel. I can only hope for the future. A fool's hope, no doubt, but hope. Cheers and game on, my friends

I have that same hope you have.

Classic Disney will always hold a place in my heart.

ThePunisher wrote:If they DO get a hold of Friday the 13th or Halloween, I would march on headquarters. Anyone want to come????

Count me in.


Somehow I don't think the booze will help dull the taste.
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Age : 56
Gender : Male
Posts : 1149
Join Date : 2021-06-06
Location : Camp Crystal Lake

OCT 31 1978 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Indiana Jones Empty Re: Indiana Jones

Post by OCT 31 1978 June 6th 2023, 7:50 pm

I just miss the days when movies where made to just Entertain…. No propaganda, No agendas, not using a popular IP to send a message….. just pure entertainment by telling the best and most Entertaining story possible.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Gender : Male
Posts : 750
Join Date : 2020-11-03

ThePunisher likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum