Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Strangers remake

Go down

The Strangers remake Empty The Strangers remake

Post by ThePunisher May 14th 2023, 4:12 am

A remake is being completed on the Strangers from 2008. I liked that movie, but I hated the ending. What do you think of yet another remake?
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

The Strangers remake Empty Re: The Strangers remake

Post by OCT 31 1978 May 15th 2023, 7:53 pm

ThePunisher wrote:A remake is being completed on the Strangers from 2008. I liked that movie, but I hated the ending. What do you think of yet another remake?

I agree 💯% on the ending….
It was terrible…. I get it not every movie can end a feel good ending…but after watching what they went through and it to end that way… just felt dirty.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm Not a Goalie May 16th 2023, 1:26 am

I don't understand why we're remaking another movie that isn't even twenty-years-old yet, and just had a serviceable sequel not that long ago. I get there's franchise rights involved with some of these franchises, but decisions like these make a lot of these projects feel creatively bankrupt.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher May 16th 2023, 12:55 pm

I'm Not a Goalie wrote:I don't understand why we're remaking another movie that isn't even twenty-years-old yet, and just had a serviceable sequel not that long ago. I get there's franchise rights involved with some of these franchises, but decisions like these make a lot of these projects feel creatively bankrupt.

It DOES seem strange to remake this. The sequel was pretty good in my opinion.

Anyway, I had heard that a prequel was going to be made at one point. I'm not sure how smart that would be. It was supposed to be an origin story of how The Strangers became The Strangers. Do you really need to do this? It seems like it takes away the fear factor.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

I'm Not a Goalie likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees May 16th 2023, 3:32 pm

Me personally we need a 3rd one and if they do a reboot it has to have my man Damian back!!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by SonofOdin6039 May 16th 2023, 5:26 pm

I'm kinda on the fence about this one. I think they could have done a better job on both the original and the sequel, but it had some good jump scares. I honestly believe there are other franchises that can field a reboot better than The Strangers, but maybe someone has a creative angle on it.
SonofOdin6039
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees May 16th 2023, 6:19 pm

SonofOdin6039 wrote:I'm kinda on the fence about this one.  I think they could have done a better job on both the original and the sequel, but it had some good jump scares.  I honestly believe there are other franchises that can field a reboot better than The Strangers,  but maybe someone has a creative angle on it.

The original was very thought out but the sequel was just pure thriller and I love it!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum