Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roy and Jason

Go down

Roy and Jason Empty Roy and Jason

Post by ThePunisher April 30th 2023, 2:55 pm

Do you buy into the idea that Roy from part 5 was possessed by Jason? In MY opinion, it doesn't seem likely given the look on his face when he came across Joey at the halfway house. He seemed really and genuinely angry.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Roy and Jason Empty Re: Roy and Jason

Post by I'm Not a Goalie April 30th 2023, 7:20 pm

Nope. It's a decent attempt to try and help make P5 more palatable for fans who don't like it, purely because it's Roy and not Jason, but he always struck me as a dad who lost it when he saw his son had been killed and then blamed and took it out and anybody involved or adjacent to Pinehurst. Roy was always supposed to be the bridge from Jason to Tommy, long before these franchises figured out that passing the mantle of these Horror Icons to someone else just won't be accepted by the majority of fans.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

OCT 31 1978 and ThePunisher also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees May 1st 2023, 11:40 am

I'm Not a Goalie wrote:Nope. It's a decent attempt to try and help make P5 more palatable for fans who don't like it, purely because it's Roy and not Jason, but he always struck me as a dad who lost it when he saw his son had been killed and then blamed and took it out and anybody involved or adjacent to Pinehurst. Roy was always supposed to be the bridge from Jason to Tommy, long before these franchises figured out that passing the mantle of these Horror Icons to someone else just won't be accepted by the majority of fans.

Best response here! Roy was a unhinged dad who lost a son!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

ThePunisher likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs May 1st 2023, 2:49 pm

possessed? no

Always felt he was unhappy and when he saw Joey dead he snapped. Used Jason as a motive. Found out about Tommy as Jason

Though I have a question ...been awhile since I seen it

Was Roy dressed up as Jason the entire time or until the end?

I can't recall at what point we actually saw "Jason"
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 May 1st 2023, 3:44 pm

Entire time….. but we only see him in the mask at the end for the first time when he crashes through the back door….. it’s a pretty awesome shot with the lightning effects and Reggie squealing like a girl lol
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs May 1st 2023, 6:44 pm

OCT 31 1978 wrote:Entire time….. but we only see him in the mask at the end for the first time when he crashes through the back door….. it’s a pretty awesome shot with the lightning effects and Reggie squealing like a girl lol

I guess that's true

I'm sure his victims would have noticed it was Roy. I wonder if Roy knew about Tommy's issues with Jason right away?
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 May 1st 2023, 10:21 pm

I think he was planning on framing Tommy for everything anyway he left a bunch of bodies in Tommy’s room…. That could be a coincidence but I think he knew Tommy was there and that was why he used Jason as a cover for his killing spree.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher May 2nd 2023, 6:57 am

OCT 31 1978 wrote:I think he was planning on framing Tommy for everything anyway he left a bunch of bodies in Tommy’s room…. That could be a coincidence but I think he knew Tommy was there and that was why he used Jason as a cover for his killing spree.

Tommy just could not catch a break from anything Jason related.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

OCT 31 1978 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 May 2nd 2023, 4:17 pm

ThePunisher wrote:
OCT 31 1978 wrote:I think he was planning on framing Tommy for everything anyway he left a bunch of bodies in Tommy’s room…. That could be a coincidence but I think he knew Tommy was there and that was why he used Jason as a cover for his killing spree.

Tommy just could not catch a break from anything Jason related.

Lol
Crystal Lake……. “It’s got a Death curse!”
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

jasn88cubs likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum