Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jason Voorhees Is Not a Deadite

Go down

Jason Voorhees Isn't a Deadite Empty Jason Voorhees Is Not a Deadite

Post by Jason Voorhees August 25th 2018, 7:55 pm

Jason Voorhees Isn't a Deadite Jason-10

Introduction

The series has seen Jason Voorhees come back as a Revenant Zombie by Tom Mcloughlin amazingly directed and written Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives and so throughout the next 3 films it was Jason Goes To Hell which directed a new shift within the established lore...now Adam Marcus was a young new director and this was his first film, and he was a fan of both the Friday the 13th and the Evil Dead franchises and he wanted to try to connect two franchises that were simply NOT connected at all and this post is here to explain how Adam Marcus connections aren't even closely logical to Jason being a Deadite or even part of the Evil Dead series.

DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT ATTACKING ADAM MARCUS! I AM NOT INSULTING HIM! WE ARE SIMPLY REFUTING THE NOTION THAT JASON VOORHEES EVER BEING A DEADITE! THIS IS A JASON VOORHEES IS A DEADITE DEBUNK THREAD! I LOVE JGTH DESIGN AND HAVE TALKED TO ADAM A FEW TIMES! I LOVE HIS WORK AND HAVE NEGATIVITY TOWARD HIM!

People have been claiming or stating that Jason is a Deadite for years without any solid evidence or logic to it...so this post will answer "Is Jason a Deadite?" with both evidence from the films and from interviews! ENJOY!

Adam Marcus Own Contradictions

This is from Adam Marcus own interview about and for Deadite Jason with Keywords being in Italic format....the first one is from November 2, 2017, where Bloody Disgusting had an article titled ‘Jason Goes to Hell’ Director Says Jason is Canonically an ‘Evil Dead’ Deadite! with Adam stating this.....

Adam Marcus wrote:“I wanted to create a mythology for Jason in this movie because it had driven me nuts as a viewer,” (Marcus explained, speaking specifically about Jason magically growing from a small boy to a full-grown, unstoppable monster in such a short period of time.) “She [Pamela Voorhees] makes a deal with the devil by reading from the Necronomicon to bring back her son. This is why Jason isn’t Jason. He’s Jason plus The Evil Dead, and now I can believe that he can go from a little boy that lives in a lake to a full-grown man in a couple of months to Zombie Jason, to never being able to kill this guy. That, to me, is way more interesting as a mashup, and Sam Raimi loved it! It’s not like I could tell New Line my plan to include The Evil Dead because they don’t own The Evil Dead. So it had to be an Easter egg, and I did focus on it…there’s a whole scene that includes the book, and I hoped people would get it and could figure out that’s what I’m up to. So yes, in my opinion, Jason Voorhees is a Deadite. He’s one of The Evil Dead. It absolutely is canon.”

Firstly...His viewpoint of "Jason magically growing from a small boy to a full-grown, unstoppable monster in such a short period of time." is already illogical and incorrect and you are asking how?...well Jason was 11 years old when he "drowned" in 1957 this is an established timeline, and Jason Voorhees was born June 13, 1946, so let's go to 1979 when Pamela is on another killing spree and gets killed.....1984 is the timeline of Friday the 13th Part 2! so let's add this up 1946 to 1979 means Jason is 33 years old in 1979! and about the time of 1984 which is 5 years AFTER part 1 Jason is 38 years old.....so there is nothing "magical" it's Jason growing up NATURALLY, and before anyone says "But Jason drowned!" but he didn't its heavily within the official novelizations that Jason survived his ole deal and went into survival mode.

How can an 11 yr old boy survive in the woods? There is multiple trash cans, camps, cabins, and wildlife for Jason to use, yes some things may cause illnesses but if he survived this long for 21+ years and be in the shape he is now then that is showing either Jason is really really lucky or really really intelligent and knows what to eat and what not to eat, and what to hunt around the lake/campgrounds.

So we know Jason becomes so inhuman in both physical strength and physical durability so to quote Tom Mcloughlin the Director and Writer of Part 6 Jason Lives has established that his Jason is 100% an UNDEAD entity a REVENANT ZOMBIE to be specific and so even stating Jason Father (Not ELIAS! this was not the name of Jason's real father) is the reason why Jason is so "Supernatural" because of his Father Unknown Genetic's and the reason he is a quote on quote "evil" and to quote the novel of Friday the 13th Part 6 back cover summary is.....

Friday the 13th Part 6: Novel Summary wrote:A hideous creature who will stop at nothing in a soul-chilling battle to the death...Something unspeakably evil suddenly attacks and snuffs out the life of a horrified young graveside visitor...Two college students come face-to-face with blood-curdling terror in their last moments alive...A silent masked figure mercilessly stalks a beautiful camp counselor through blinding woods until she smashes into a screaming dead end...Jason, the mysterious boy, possessed of the devil's power, has been laid to rest, and the inhabitants of a small New England town shudder with relief. The evil Jason is rotting in his coffin... they think. But his ominous shadow rises again... consumed by a furious and overwhelming compulsion to kill... and kill... and kill...

If you read the lines of "Jason, the mysterious boy, possessed of the devil's power." if you ask Part 6 Jason lives director about Jason's "real" father (Not Elias Voorhees as established in Part 9 which contradicts the original story of the novel/storyboard of the movie) and if you play Friday the 13th the Game and listen to the Pamela Tapes it's describing Jason father who "raped" Pamela stating he had eyes filled with hate (and evil) and they were "red" hinting at some point Jason is indirectly the Son of the Devil or someone who is related to EVIL and if you look at Savini Jason origin it has Jason beating or killing "Lucifer" himself for his "Trident" hinting a lot about this but yet Jason is not a "demon" either!

(Understanding Jason: What is Jason Voorhees?)

To also stay on the topic of the Interview.....Adam Marcus states...

Adam Marcus wrote:It’s not like I could tell New Line my plan to include The Evil Dead because they don’t own The Evil Dead. So it had to be an Easter egg, and I did focus on it…there’s a whole scene that includes the book, and I hoped people would get it and could figure out that’s what I’m up to. So yes, in my opinion, Jason Voorhees is a Deadite. He’s one of The Evil Dead. It absolutely is canon

Now, this is a major 100% contradiction to the He stated "In his opinion" and mentions it as an "easter egg" because the New Line Cinema Company DID NOT own the rights to the evil dead and then he says "Jason Voorhees is a Deadite. He’s one of The Evil Dead. It absolutely is canon." which is not a FACT it's the OPPOSITE of what the term CANON means! this is completely wrong! and so let's get into the 2018 given interview with SYFY WIRE...

SYFY WIRE wrote:What is the backstory link you crafted to the Evil Dead franchise?

Adam Marcus wrote:When we were pre-producing the movie, Bob Kurtzman and the guys at KNB said we're gonna do the effects on the movie. So I got to go on Sam Raimi's set for Army of Darkness. I asked Bob if Sam would lend me the Necronomicon for Jason Goes To Hell. I let Bob in on my secret plan and knew I couldn't say Deadite or Evil Dead in the movie because Universal owned the rights. If I just take that prop and put it in the Voorhees house, and use the Kandarian dagger as the thing that kills Jason, what I'm doing is setting up a mythology that Jason's mom wanted her so back so badly that she made a deal with the darkness. So she reads from the Necronomicon and brings about the resurrection of her son, so now the fact he lived at the bottom of the lake and grows two feet makes sense.

Notice how Adam Marcus states he couldn't say Deadite in the movie....which is strongly hinting at there being zero connection to the Evil Dead, and he tries to state he is creating a Mythology....when there was one already established....which contradicts that as well....then he contradicts his own interview from 2017 by stating "She [Pamela] made a deal with the darkness." so which is it? Devil or the Darkness? because it's getting confusing! and then this statement....."So she reads from the Necronomicon and brings about the resurrection of her son, so now the fact he lived at the bottom of the lake and grows two feet makes sense.".....so many holes which will be addressed in the next paragraph!

Debunk 1: If she knew she resurrected her own son...where was he during the 20+ years? why didn't he show up? why didn't she know his location? this doesn't make sense...if he was resurrected I am 1000% sure they would have been reunited and it would make her killing at the camp nonsensical because that's the REASON she was killing to keep the camp closed but now that she had her son back what would be her motivation???

Debunk 2: If Jason had lived at the bottom of the lake why is the official novelization contradicting this? it doesn't make sense in either scenario how he magically grew up then there is a 20+ years time frame of him naturally just growing up in the woods of Camp Crystal Lake, this is supported on the Part 2 Novelization as well that Jason had a healing factor and that since the time he "drowned" he was healing over and over again and that he wasn't dead but in a Coma like state of being where he comes to and finds out he's a grown man and is in the woods surviving. 

No Links Between Friday the 13th and the Evil Dead

Since the Necronomicon/Kandarian Dagger are just props.....ONLY PROPS as Adam Marcus himself stated they are just EASTER EGGS! now if you are thinking "Easter eggs are canon." then....you are purely wrong on this subject as Easter eggs are seen as intentional inside jokes, hidden messages or images, or secret features of work but aren't canon! (Unless the COMPANY says otherwise! and not the actual director! this is due to licensing issues to avoid lawsuits and etc.)

Attempting Forced Retcons?!

The lore of Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Chapter attempts to retcon all majority-given lore from previous films/novels......

Part 2 novel establishes that since Jason didn't truly drown and he GREW UP which isnt trying to force-retcon something that is already logical unlike with JGTH with the Necronomicon being a source for his revival. 

Part 2/6 novel establishes that Jason was BORN with a supernatural abilities due to his genetics and after being revived it truly reveals to us about his potential which explains how he survived so many life-threatening injuries and came back to life, the way he did.

JGTH Plot Holes and Contradictions

1. Tommy Jarvis and Voorhees Bloodline: It's established in the film itself by Creighton Duke that only a VOORHEES can kill a VOORHEES what does this mean?....this logically means Tommy Jarvis SHOULDN'T have been able to KILL Jason back in Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter and that all Voorhees is Illogical but Logically "Immortal" meaning if Elias Voorhees "IS" Jason father by BLOOD then Pamela "Killing" him is not POSSIBLE! creating a PARADOX! and you are asking how?....why would Elias have the one weapon aka the dagger that can kill him in his house?.... Pamela's last name wasn't VOORHEES until she MARRIED Elias! And IF Pamela is the "Link" it still wouldn't make sense either!!

2. Elias Voorhees: It's established Elias was murdered....so how can he cheat on Pamela and have a kid a few years later?.....we know for a fact he has been killed before the known timeline when Jason was a few months and if Jason has an older sister then wouldn't she be immortal? and if he would have a younger sister then how? Elias was "Dead" and incapable so again more plotholes.

3. Ash Williams, Pamela Voorhees, and the Necronomicon: Fans of the Evil Dead series would know Ash Williams himself had BURNT the Necronomicon before Jason was even born during his timeline so how could or can Pamela even read from a book that was long destroyed?! this is a MAJOR disconnection of Jason ever being a DEADITE! this is further proving how illogical the "new" lore is!

4. Adam Marcus states Pamela had Jason's Sister: to perfectly summarize Adam Marcus statement being that Pamela Voorhees had given birth to Diana Kimble and ignored her over her new born son which isn't by any means logical, so yes again this is a BIG plothole/contradiction to the previously established lore to Pamela Voorhees having a single child which was Jason. 

Jason X and Freddy vs Jason Ignores Part 9

It's pretty much 100% establish that Jason X (aka Friday the 13th Part 10) and Freddy Vs Jason DOESN'T follow anything from part 9, not even the fact Jason is DRAGGED into hell but yet in both movies there are 0 signs that he even came back from Hell! since Jason X establishes they CAPTURED Jason in a sorta "prequel" to Freddy vs Jason when Jason rises from the lake and where Jason was a corpse in the movie who was revived by Freddy! so this new lore was purposely ignored by the new directors and the company (New Line Cinema).

Differences between Jason Voorhees And Deadites

The major difference between Jason and a Deadites?.......

Jason Voorhees: Doesn't talk and his personality is linear and overall non-existing, His only powers are Super Strength, Super Durability, Teleportation (See Part 7/8), Shifting (See Part 6/7/8), Nigh-Invulnerability, and Regeneration, and the one-time ability of "Possession"

Deadites: They taunt their prey by using their fears and desires and they love to do Self-Mutilation and they overall have a personality and the ability to talk while their powers are common with shapeshifting, superhuman strength, inconstant durability, shifting, flight, mutation, possession and other abilities like a hive mind since they say "We" instead of I.

If you can tell by these known facts...Jason acts and is nothing like a DEADITE absolutely 0 connections to the evil dead series!

What is Jason Voorhees? Zombie? Demon? Deadite?

Looking back at Friday the 13th Part 6: Jason Lives we see clearly Jason is an Undead entity....a Zombie...but what type of Zombie doesn't Eat Flesh? doesn't crave Brains?.....easy to answer the question...Jason Voorhees is a Revenant Zombie and what is a Revenant Zombie?

Definition wrote:A revenant is a sentient creature whose desire to fulfill a special goal allows it to return from the grave as a creature vaguely resembling an intelligent zombie or jiangshi (Vampire).

Jason is a Zombie that holds their intelligence and personality Jason is back as a being full of revenge and hate and unfinished goals!

Freddy Vs Jason Vs Ash Comics

It's come to my attention that people don't know the definition of what "Canon" is so I will explain to people the definition and how it works.

Canon wrote:In fiction, canon is the material accepted as officially part of the story in an individual universe of that story.

So let's get this through people's heads....the Comic Books for Freddy Vs Jason Vs Ash IS NOT CANON it is not officially part of any story for the franchise whatsoever! just because Ash Williams makes an "Assumption" that Jason Voorhees is a Deadite DOESN'T make it CANON nor does it MAKE it Canon.

Just because a company ties something to the film doesn't mean it's canon, both are set in different timelines/locations from each other for reasons because they aren't connected.

As stated in the documentary "The Untold Saga of The Evil Dead" it was Rob Tapert (Long Time friend/coworker of Sam Raimi and Producer of many Evil Dead content) states that both New Line Cinema and Warner Bros. Pictures had said they wanted to do Ash vs. Freddy vs. Jason and his response was:

Rob Tapert wrote:We thought about it for one second but we knew we would have totally trashed the franchise(s) in doing that, in that there would be no reason to reunite Bruce and Sam for Evil Dead 4 whatever that would be nor would there be any reason to go back and reinvent the original Evil Dead with a hot new filmmaker.

This however never came to be and so instead Two comic book series were produced based on this concept, which were titled Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash, and Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash: The Nightmare Warriors both out of continuity to all their given franchises.

Conclusion

Jason Voorhees is not a Deadite! 0 Evidence! 0 Connection! and 0 Logic behind it! Adam simply wanted to create something that was impossible! even as Friday the 13th Franchise on Twitter stated directly it was simply his own "Fanservice" for the series.

There is NOTHING absolutely wrong with fans director/writer to have some kind of fanboy mindset for a franchise(s) they love, but simply put yet again a single director cannot do what Adam has done for the franchise.

Yes, Friday the 13th was licensed under New Line Cinema for Jason Goes to Hell The Final Friday, Jason X, and Freddy Vs Jason the difference is for this case is that...
  1. Jason X ignores the Easter Eggs and the "Only a Voorhees can kill a Voorhees" concept.
  2. Freddy Vs Jason completely ignores Jason Goes to Hell from Jason being dragged to Hell itself, the Voorhees can only kill a Voorhees concept, and only ever mentions the Voorhees House in the script along with Tommy Jarvis, and then this should further prove the company didn't want to acknowledge the Necronicmocon and the Kandarian Dagger being used.
  3. The company acknowledges that Adam Marcus DID not ask and show permission to use the props from the higher-ups and so making these simply his opinion about Deadite Jason and its connection with the Evil Dead franchise as a whole, just because props are sneaked onto a film DOESN'T mean its ever CANON.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

The Noble Idiot likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum