Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Faces of Death reboot

Go down

Faces of Death reboot Empty Faces of Death reboot

Post by ThePunisher April 23rd 2023, 4:02 pm

I've heard there's a reboot coming for Faces of Death. Would you go see this????
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

Faces of Death reboot Empty Re: Faces of Death reboot

Post by I'm Not a Goalie April 24th 2023, 8:29 pm

No, I would not. I remember the hype around the original series was at its peak when I was in High School, with all of my classmates either wanting to see one of these films, or claiming to have seen them while making up these absurd stories of all the graphic death scenes to behold on those tapes. (Like a woman who had all her limps tied to four differen't motorcycles before they drove off in different directions and ripped her apart) Those stories of course were total bullshit, and the videos themselves were rather underwhelming...

Now that I'm an adult, the very idea of what Faces of Death tried to pretend to represent disgusts me. I prefer my depictions of death and gore to be fictional thank you, and preferable choreographed by Tom Savini.

I watched a documentary a while back about a mass shooting that took place back the 80's at a California McDonald's. They actually showed video of all the bodies splayed out wherever they dropped, including an infant... I did not need to see that, but it was shown for educational purposes to give the viewer the perspective of how brutal the massacre actually was. The kind of thing Faces of Death claims to be selling the viewer while trying to make bank off of the shock value of people who've lost their lives... No thank you, I have no interest in anything that series is trying to sell.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

OCT 31 1978 and ThePunisher also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher April 25th 2023, 7:06 pm

I'm Not a Goalie wrote:No, I would not. I remember the hype around the original series was at its peak when I was in High School, with all of my classmates either wanting to see one of these films, or claiming to have seen them while making up these absurd stories of all the graphic death scenes to behold on those tapes. (Like a woman who had all her limps tied to four differen't motorcycles before they drove off in different directions and ripped her apart) Those stories of course were total bullshit, and the videos themselves were rather underwhelming...

Now that I'm an adult, the very idea of what Faces of Death tried to pretend to represent disgusts me. I prefer my depictions of death and gore to be fictional thank you, and preferable choreographed by Tom Savini.

I watched a documentary a while back about a mass shooting that took place back the 80's at a California McDonald's. They actually showed video of all the bodies splayed out wherever they dropped, including an infant... I did not need to see that, but it was shown for educational purposes to give the viewer the perspective of how brutal the massacre actually was. The kind of thing Faces of Death claims to be selling the viewer while trying to make bank off of the shock value of people who've lost their lives... No thank you, I have no interest in anything that series is trying to sell.

I don't blame you. The reason I asked the question is because the series seemed to be so exploitative and abusive. It's so lowest common denominator.
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

I'm Not a Goalie likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees April 27th 2023, 9:09 pm

Whats faces of death?
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher April 28th 2023, 11:12 am

Jason Voorhees wrote:Whats faces of death?

This was a series of "movies" that liked to show the end results of car crashes, crimes scenes, etc. Meaning there were explicit shots of the victims of said car crashes, crime scenes after they had passed away. For ME at least, it's like a gruesome version of the Jackass movies where people are shown doing stunts that may not be what most people would do.

ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum