Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

pt 7 has such a soap opera feel

Go down

pt 7 has such a soap opera feel Empty pt 7 has such a soap opera feel

Post by jasn88cubs March 5th 2023, 7:00 pm

For some reason I feel like is comes off as like a lifetime movie that just has Jason in it. It doesnt totally feel like a typical Friday teh 13th film

Anyone else get that vibe in certain scenes?
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

pt 7 has such a soap opera feel Empty Re: pt 7 has such a soap opera feel

Post by OCT 31 1978 March 5th 2023, 8:02 pm

jasn88cubs wrote:For some reason I feel like is comes off as like a lifetime movie that just has Jason in it. It doesnt totally feel like a typical Friday teh 13th film

It may have to do with that soft focus style of filming they did through out part7 and the wardrobe…………and the hard Focus on outcast teen drama
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

jasn88cubs likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher March 6th 2023, 6:41 am

OCT 31 1978 wrote:
jasn88cubs wrote:For some reason I feel like is comes off as like a lifetime movie that just has Jason in it. It doesnt totally feel like a typical Friday teh 13th film

It may have to do with that soft focus style of filming they did through out part7 and the wardrobe…………and the hard Focus on outcast teen drama

I see the point here. There WAS ort of a clique feel with Melissaa, Sandra and her boyfriend. Sandra just dug the guy for the " size of his enormous wallet". And of course, you had Melissa trying to find ways to get rid of Tina so she could get Nick.

Call it the Real Teenagers of Crystal Lake.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

OCT 31 1978 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees March 6th 2023, 7:32 am

It felt like a Genetic Horror feel for me lol! A lifetime movie would be way to light in lighting.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 March 7th 2023, 5:49 pm

ThePunisher wrote:
OCT 31 1978 wrote:

I see the point here. There WAS ort of a clique feel with Melissaa, Sandra and her boyfriend. Sandra just dug the guy for the " size of his enormous wallet". And of course, you had Melissa trying to find ways to get rid of Tina so she could get Nick.

Nice!! Lol that would definitely do better then Real Housewives!!

I love part 7 but I can definitely see a bit of the soap opera-y-ness in it the Day light shots in the film have that soft focus that kinda give it the blurry edge that all Daytime soap opera have like General Hospital and All my Children…. If those are even still around…. Add in the Very teen drama he likes she likes he wants she wants to the story and boom 💥 thank goodness they added Tina’s Telekinesis and the awesome look Jason has in the movie!!
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees March 7th 2023, 7:18 pm

OCT 31 1978 wrote:
ThePunisher wrote:
OCT 31 1978 wrote:
jasn88cubs wrote:For some  reason I feel like is comes off as like a lifetime movie that just has Jason in it. It doesnt totally feel like a typical Friday teh 13th film

I see the point here.  There WAS ort of a clique feel with Melissaa, Sandra and her boyfriend.  Sandra just dug the guy for the " size of his enormous wallet".  And of course, you had Melissa trying to find ways to get rid of Tina so she could get Nick.  

I love part 7 but I can definitely see a bit of the soap opera-y-ness in it the Day light shots in the film have that soft focus that kinda give it the blurry edge that all Daytime soap opera have like General Hospital and All my Children…. If those are even still around…. Add in the Very teen drama he likes she likes he wants she wants to the story and boom 💥 thank goodness they added Tina’s Telekinesis and the awesome look Jason has in the movie!!

John Carl Buechler made an amazing film!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

OCT 31 1978 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 March 7th 2023, 7:40 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:
OCT 31 1978 wrote:
ThePunisher wrote:
OCT 31 1978 wrote:
jasn88cubs wrote:For some  reason I feel like is comes off as like a lifetime movie that just has Jason in it. It doesnt totally feel like a typical Friday teh 13th film

I see the point here.  There WAS ort of a clique feel with Melissaa, Sandra and her boyfriend.  Sandra just dug the guy for the " size of his enormous wallet".  And of course, you had Melissa trying to find ways to get rid of Tina so she could get Nick.  

John Carl Buechler made an amazing film!

Ok ok ok…..lol!!!
No doubt!! Part 7 is one of my favorites……my point is the teen drama that is on full display in this one can feel a little Day time TV…. and for me the best parts of the movie are the elements of Tina’s psychosis, telekinesis and Jason’s Supernatural Zombie look and performance.

OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Silencer March 9th 2023, 8:29 am

To some degree, every Friday The 13th had a soap opera vibe in one form or another. There's couples in every film, along with stereotypes (token stoner, gorgeous blonde, etc).

Part IV is another example of an entry that could be considered a teen drama of sorts.
Silencer
Silencer
Town Resident
Town Resident

Back to top Go down

Post by SonofOdin6039 March 9th 2023, 9:58 am

Part 7 had the love triangle that reminded me of Halloween 4. If done correctly, the mini drama makes a good addition to the overall backdrop of Jason vorhees, not to mention the cheers when the 'bitch' buys the farm. Tina and Nick's love story made for a decent plot point, and I was actually glad to see them together again in the fan film. Could have been better, but could have been way worse too
SonofOdin6039
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum