Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

favorite setting?

Go down

favorite setting? Empty favorite setting?

Post by jasn88cubs March 4th 2023, 4:00 pm

what movie did you think had the best setting?

What I mean is, what movie did you enjoy the setting of the locations and everything?

like pt 8 was mostly on a boat, not such a great setting

Did you like the higgens havens setting? or the setting of pt 6?

rank em or just pick one. very curious on opinions
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

favorite setting? Empty Re: favorite setting?

Post by ThePunisher March 4th 2023, 7:08 pm

For me, it is a toss-up between part 3 and part 6. Part 3 was the first Friday movie I saw, so I have a soft spot in my hard heart for Higgins Haven. Part 6 had the camp setting.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

jasn88cubs likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 March 4th 2023, 8:23 pm

I can’t lie I kinda dig The Grendel from Jason X…. Love the whole concept to be honest.

Space Ship, holographic rooms, cryogenic and Nano machines I love the grabbing from different sci-fi movies like Star Trek and Aliens…… but I may be in the minority here lol
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

jasn88cubs likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs March 4th 2023, 10:02 pm

pt 1- I loved the camp setting, i really felt i was at camp and was isolated. I also liked the town we saw at the start. It looked like a legit small town. I think they did a good job of showing the camp as well like the archery

pt 2-It felt like a legit continuation of pt 1.I liked the exploration of the the shack and the bar. I always loved the scenery from when the final chase took place

pt 3-Loved Higgens Haven. It reminds me of a place from my childhood and I love the house setting

pt 4-Wasn't the biggest fan. Didn't seem like we saw alot of stuff besides inside the houses

pt-5-I liked the setting even though it felt very country and backwoods. Loved the barn

pt-6 Something about this always felt off. Never fully felt like a camp

pt-7 Similar to pt 4. Could have expanded more

pt 8-I love the new york stuff the real new york and fake new york, the boat is ok

JGTH- havent seen enough

Jasoc x- i do like the ship part

F vs Jason---its ok but too dark? not horrible though, the hospital part was good
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

OCT 31 1978 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher March 6th 2023, 6:37 am

OCT 31 1978 wrote:I can’t lie I kinda dig The Grendel from Jason X…. Love the whole concept to be honest.

Space Ship, holographic rooms, cryogenic and Nano machines I love the grabbing from different sci-fi movies like Star Trek and Aliens…… but I may be in the minority here lol

I have to admit I feel a soft spot for Jason X. I was pursuing my undergraduate degree at the time and went to the local mall on a Saturday to see it and I was the only one there. Lexa Doig was a real high point for me.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

OCT 31 1978 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by SonofOdin6039 March 6th 2023, 3:45 pm

Part 3 will always be my favorite setting. The wind blown but no rain always made it more ominous. While rain and thunder are definite downers, somehow the windy yet clear setting made it way more foreboding. In a way it reminded me of Salems Lot and the dark vibe it portrayed. A strong number 2 is Jason X because the escape options aboard a disabled starship are almost nonexistent, no matter how technologically advances it is
SonofOdin6039
Second Class
Second Class

jasn88cubs and OCT 31 1978 also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs March 6th 2023, 4:39 pm

SonofOdin6039 wrote:Part 3 will always be my favorite setting. The wind blown but no rain always made it more ominous. While rain and thunder are definite downers, somehow the windy yet clear setting made it way more foreboding. In a way it reminded me of Salems Lot and the dark vibe it portrayed. A strong number 2 is Jason X because the escape options aboard a disabled starship are almost nonexistent, no matter how technologically advances it is

great point about the wind
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

SonofOdin6039 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 March 6th 2023, 5:06 pm

SonofOdin6039 wrote:Part 3 will always be my favorite setting. The wind blown but no rain always made it more ominous. While rain and thunder are definite downers, somehow the windy yet clear setting made it way more foreboding. In a way it reminded me of Salems Lot and the dark vibe it portrayed. A strong number 2 is Jason X because the escape options aboard a disabled starship are almost nonexistent, no matter how technologically advances it is

Great points!!
Absolutely agree 100% The Grendel made for a cool setting because of the lack of options the survivors had they literally had to blow up their ship to get away from Jason and that didn’t even work lol.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

SonofOdin6039 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees March 9th 2023, 5:11 am

OCT 31 1978 wrote:
SonofOdin6039 wrote:Part 3 will always be my favorite setting. The wind blown but no rain always made it more ominous. While rain and thunder are definite downers, somehow the windy yet clear setting made it way more foreboding.  In a way it reminded me of Salems Lot and the dark vibe it portrayed.  A strong number 2 is Jason X because the escape options aboard a disabled starship are almost nonexistent, no matter how technologically advances it is

Great points!!
Absolutely agree 100% The Grendel made for a cool setting because of the lack of options the survivors had they literally had to blow up their ship to get away from Jason and that didn’t even work lol.

Interesting...I might think about the concept of very limited escapes in my future fanfilms!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

jasn88cubs and SonofOdin6039 also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum