Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars and other vehicles

Go down

Cars and other vehicles Empty Cars and other vehicles

Post by ThePunisher January 26th 2023, 12:52 pm

Is there a car you like driving? What do you think of these electric vehicles? What do you think of self-driving vehicles? Maybe you like a truck or an SUV.

What do you think the future holds for vehicles? Electric vehicles are supposedly "the next best thing" and environment friendly. Some people don't care about the environmental "benefits" of driving an electric vehicle and use them as a status symbol. This is called "virtue signalling".

I've heard the auto industry in the United States has repeated the same mistake with electric cars as it did with gas powered cars, meaning everything is bigger, faster, more muscular than the last one.

Thoughts?
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Cars and other vehicles Empty Re: Cars and other vehicles

Post by SonofOdin6039 January 27th 2023, 10:47 pm

I love driving my jeep wrangler. Driving a stick shift is fun and somewhat demanding at times. I personally don't have anything against the electric vehicles except for the fact that there is already a rate increase for electrical service. I do think we are smart enough to find an environmentally friendly power source for vehicles that won't drain our bank accounts if we can get around d the big business interests that will always find a way to get their cut. I can go on for a while on that point but I will move on. Self driving vehicles sound great (Knight Rider, anyone?), but I hold the belief that doing things for ourselves is the last great freedom we have left. As a society, we are already excessively too dependent on technology which has both its blessings and curses. I doubt something like the Matrix would ever happen, but should the grid go down, a good percentage of our population would be lost and helpless. There is hope for us, there always will be as long as we discuss and share ideology. I don't care much for the status seekers amd symbol chasers. We have bigger fish to fry in this world. Cheers and game on, my friends
SonofOdin6039
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Cars and other vehicles Empty Re: Cars and other vehicles

Post by Jason Voorhees January 28th 2023, 2:56 pm

I for one know very little about cars n know only a few things from my late grandfather who use to be a mechanic.

Right now eletric cars are more safer for the planet
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum