Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Part 6 - ring of fire question

Go down

Part 6 - ring of fire question Empty Part 6 - ring of fire question

Post by Silencer January 17th 2023, 3:07 am

Hello everyone, long-time fan, first time topic poster to this forum. After years of watching the franchise, I have a question in regards to Part 6 (Jason Lives)

Nearing the film's finale, Tommy Jarvis reads from an occult-like book to create a ring of fire around his boat. Besides the boulder and chain, was Tommy trying to invoke an entrapment spell of some kind to keep Zombie Jason chained at the bottom of Crystal Lake?

Jason's healing factor would have eventually allowed Jason to escape from the lake on his own. Maybe Tommy wanted to make sure Jason was trapped in the lake for good.

Silencer
Silencer
Town Resident
Town Resident

OCT 31 1978 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Part 6 - ring of fire question Empty Re: Part 6 - ring of fire question

Post by OCT 31 1978 January 17th 2023, 6:34 am

Silencer wrote:Hello everyone, long-time fan, first time topic poster to this forum. After years of watching the franchise, I have a question in regards to Part 6 (Jason Lives)

Nearing the film's finale, Tommy Jarvis reads from an occult-like book to create a ring of fire around his boat. Besides the boulder and chain, was Tommy trying to invoke an entrapment spell of some kind to keep Zombie Jason chained at the bottom of Crystal Lake?

Jason's healing factor would have eventually allowed Jason to escape from the lake on his own. Maybe Tommy wanted to make sure Jason was trapped in the lake for good.

I do believe he was trying to invoke some type of banishment ritual based on what he had read in the occult book…. He mentioned the only way to stop him is to put him back in his original resting place….Crystal Lake
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher January 17th 2023, 6:40 am

Silencer wrote:Hello everyone, long-time fan, first time topic poster to this forum. After years of watching the franchise, I have a question in regards to Part 6 (Jason Lives)

I never actually thought of this, and as mentioned, Tommy thought the only way to stop Jason was to put him back in the lake.  Of course, he was taking an awful chance.    And of the events of part 7 shown, this "spell" may not have worked entirely, since Jason was inadvertently released from the lake.  
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs January 18th 2023, 10:09 pm

I imagine so!
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees January 20th 2023, 2:37 am

This would make a lot of sense from a lore perspective! explains why Jason didn't heal in Part 7 and why he looks like a bigger corpse and it explains that someone with a Supernatural broke said ritual.

I could honestly use this idea for one of my many fan-film projects!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Silencer January 22nd 2023, 7:47 pm

From the list of Jason's "fatal" injuries in Part 6 (RV tipping over, the recipient of multiple gunshot wounds, getting bludgeoned with a rock, etc), the injury that finally incapacitated the silent killer was a boat propeller to the neck.

Before Jason had his neck snapped, the killer remained restrained underwater. The same character, who moments before, was bursting through doors and tearing off limbs with the flick of a wrist. We can also see how easily Jason could snap a chain during the showdown against Tina Shepherd in Part 7.

From a lore standpoint, the supposed confinement spell and Jason having his neck snapped could have stopped Jason's healing factor in it's tracks. Thus, Jason looks more decomposed and bloated in Part 7.

Silencer
Silencer
Town Resident
Town Resident

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher January 23rd 2023, 6:48 am

Silencer wrote:From the list of Jason's "fatal" injuries in Part 6 (RV tipping over, the recipient of multiple gunshot wounds, getting bludgeoned with a rock, etc), the injury that finally incapacitated the silent killer was a boat propeller to the neck.

Before Jason had his neck snapped, the killer remained restrained underwater. The same character, who moments before, was bursting through doors and tearing off limbs with the flick of a wrist. We can also see how easily Jason could snap a chain during the showdown against Tina Shepherd in Part 7.

From a lore standpoint, the supposed confinement spell and Jason having his neck snapped could have stopped Jason's healing factor in it's tracks. Thus, Jason looks more decomposed and bloated in Part 7.

If there's really a spell involved, I'd like to know why more people hadn't ried it before.
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

Post by Silencer January 29th 2023, 4:16 am

ThePunisher wrote:
Silencer wrote:From the list of Jason's "fatal" injuries in Part 6 (RV tipping over, the recipient of multiple gunshot wounds, getting bludgeoned with a rock, etc), the injury that finally incapacitated the silent killer was a boat propeller to the neck.

If there's really a spell involved, I'd like to know why more people hadn't ried it before.

I have a few fan theories:

1) There wasn't enough time:
Jason's original rampage lasted about a weekend timeline-wise. In a small township with only a handful of survivors before Jason was first murdered.
Even during Jason's resurrections as a zombie, Jason's continued slaughter lasted less than 48 hours before being subdued once again.

2) Most Crystal Lake residents were unaware that Jason survived his drowning back in 1958.
In the Paramount films, the only Crystal Lake inhabitants that knew of Jason's activity at the present time were Crazy Ralph, Rob and Abel (the old man that presents the eyeball to the teens at the start of Part 3). Even then, most townsfolk disregarded two of the aforementioned characters as local nutbags or drunks; ignoring their warnings.

3) Creighton Duke may have been aware of the confinement spell himself:
This is purely speculation on my part, but in Jason Goes To Hell, Duke was known for studying Jason Voorhees. Duke's obsession to the mass murderer eventually led to Duke discovering the only known method to send Jason's soul to hell: a dagger to the heart by a Voorhees family member.

With Duke knowing such a precise way of killing Jason; who's to say that Duke wasn't also aware of Tommy Jarvis's confinement spell in Part 6 (should there be a continuity of sorts between the Paramount and New Line movie universes)?

If we use the above speculation, would could theorize that Duke didn't want to simply confine Jason to Crystal Lake for all eternity. As the start to Part 7 (and 8, to some extension) indicates, rendering Jason immobile or momentarily incapacitated isn't a permanent solution. Duke opted to remove Jason from our earthly plain entirely. Body and soul.

Silencer
Silencer
Town Resident
Town Resident

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum