Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steve Christie

Go down

Steve Christie Empty Steve Christie

Post by SonofOdin6039 December 19th 2022, 6:30 pm

Am I the only one who thought it was a dick move by Steve to leave the camp and go have a bite to eat in town while leaving the crew back at the camp to keep working and fend for themselves? Would his presence at the camp make Pamela's job harder or easier?
SonofOdin6039
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Steve Christie Empty Re: Steve Christie

Post by jasn88cubs December 19th 2022, 7:30 pm

To be honest never thought much of this. Good topic

I found it pretty interesting he was gone for so long!

I don't recall what time they all got there but I imagine it had to be between 11-1. When he got BACK to the camp it was pitch black and this was summertime so it had to be after 8-9pm, but yet no one was asking when he was coming back or what was taking so long

I just watched the scene when he leaves and he said "I'll be back sometime after lunch" well he was gone awhile!

I also wonder if Pam saw him leaving? We saw her spying on everyone from the woods so I wonder if she saw him leave and thought " this makes it easier"
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

SonofOdin6039 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees December 19th 2022, 10:14 pm

Potentionally he could have been a Final Boy but he had to get himself killed off by our lovely Ms.Voorhees.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher December 20th 2022, 6:26 am

Now that I think about it, the length of time he was gone WAS really weird. He seemed in a hurry to get the camp up and running, so where was he?
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs December 20th 2022, 9:50 am

ThePunisher wrote:Now that I think about it, the length of time he was gone WAS really weird. He seemed in a hurry to get the camp up and running, so where was he?

That's what I'm wondering

I'm sure he went into town to get supplies and lunch...so what delayed him? He left from the diner where I assume had dinner, so he had lunch and dinner in town?

He seemed very urgent to get stuff done quickly so it is weird he was gone for so long and seemed so relaxed
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher December 20th 2022, 6:36 pm

jasn88cubs wrote:
ThePunisher wrote:Now that I think about it, the length of time he was gone WAS really weird. He seemed in a hurry to get the camp up and running, so where was he?

That's what I'm wondering

I'm sure he went into town to get supplies and lunch...so what delayed him? He left from the diner where I assume had dinner, so he had lunch and dinner in town?

He seemed very urgent to get stuff done quickly so it is weird he was gone for so long and seemed so relaxed

And then he became very dead. Just how friendly was he with that server at the diner???? Wow.
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

OCT 31 1978 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs December 21st 2022, 1:17 pm

He didn't even take any supplies with him or mention anything about supplies when he was getting a ride back to camp as well from the police officer
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 December 21st 2022, 8:50 pm

Lol yeah I always kinda felt he came off as a bit of a dick…. Tells everyone to stay busy and work and then just dips out…. Lol I understand he is gone for the majority of the movie so the audience believes he may be the Killer but he should have had a little bit more of an impact to the ending or even a longer struggle with Pam to redeem his character some in the audiences eyes…. Had he tried to stop Pam during one of the attacks on Alice it would have gone a long way in making him a little more sympathetic.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs December 21st 2022, 8:59 pm

OCT 31 1978 wrote:Lol yeah I always kinda felt he came off as a bit of a dick…. Tells everyone to stay busy and work and then just dips out…. Lol I understand he is gone for the majority of the movie so the audience believes he may be the Killer but he should have had a little bit more of an impact to the ending or even a longer struggle with Pam to redeem his character some in the audiences eyes…. Had he tried to stop Pam during one of the attacks on Alice it would have gone a long way in making him a little more sympathetic.

If it hadn't been for Pam killing him you could almost think he was a partner
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

OCT 31 1978 and SonofOdin6039 also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher December 22nd 2022, 7:57 am

jasn88cubs wrote:
OCT 31 1978 wrote:Lol yeah I always kinda felt he came off as a bit of a dick…. Tells everyone to stay busy and work and then just dips out…. Lol I understand he is gone for the majority of the movie so the audience believes he may be the Killer but he should have had a little bit more of an impact to the ending or even a longer struggle with Pam to redeem his character some in the audiences eyes…. Had he tried to stop Pam during one of the attacks on Alice it would have gone a long way in making him a little more sympathetic.

If it hadn't been for Pam killing him you could almost think he was a partner

Especially given how alike their vehicles were.
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

jasn88cubs likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by SonofOdin6039 December 22nd 2022, 10:59 am

Well thats what threw me off at first. His jeep was identical to hers only he was pulling a trailer. His absence during the murders made him a prime suspect until he walked into Pamela's knife. Vern said he'd been at the camp for over a year fixing it up despite all the trouble. At first I thought he was mad that Alice was pushing him away, but him leaving and being gone all day didn't make any sense. And would he have allowed them to go swimming or would he keep pushing them to work?
SonofOdin6039
Second Class
Second Class

jasn88cubs and OCT 31 1978 also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs December 22nd 2022, 4:58 pm

SonofOdin6039 wrote:Well thats what threw me off at first. His jeep was identical to hers only he was pulling a trailer. His absence during the murders made him a prime suspect until he walked into Pamela's knife. Vern said he'd been at the camp for over a year fixing it up despite all the trouble. At first I thought he was mad that Alice was pushing him away, but him leaving and being gone all day didn't make any sense. And would he have allowed them to go swimming or would he keep pushing them to work?

Did he even ask Alice to go into town with him? If he didn't I'm surprised
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher December 22nd 2022, 5:01 pm

SonofOdin6039 wrote:Well thats what threw me off at first. His jeep was identical to hers only he was pulling a trailer. His absence during the murders made him a prime suspect until he walked into Pamela's knife. Vern said he'd been at the camp for over a year fixing it up despite all the trouble. At first I thought he was mad that Alice was pushing him away, but him leaving and being gone all day didn't make any sense. And would he have allowed them to go swimming or would he keep pushing them to work?

If had bothered to stay, or at least come back, I'm sure he would have pushed them to keep working. I'm sure he'd also be wondering where Annie was, since she hadn't arrived yet- and never would, of course.
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees December 23rd 2022, 6:55 pm

Oh! This definitely sounds like an amazing idea to explore!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

OCT 31 1978 and SonofOdin6039 also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum