Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Menu

Go down

The  Menu Empty The Menu

Post by ThePunisher November 26th 2022, 4:47 pm

They say you are what you eat.

This horror/comedy follows a couple who go to this exclusive restaurant on a secluded island. This is the kind of restaurant where rich people go and eat these meals with snobby sounding names that are served in stupidly small portions only a hummingbird could fill up on. And of course, you have the wait and kitchen staff in these goofy looking uniforms working for a chef who's supposed to be treated like a deity to be worshipped. The catch is the guests have all made reservations and somehow, the chef knows all about them.

I'm not going to include any spoilers, but I am going to leave you with some questions.

1) Will you see this movie?
2) What's your take on how pretentious people are? How do people see their place in society based on their profession?
3) What do you think of people's attitudes towards those in the service industry, particularly the food and restaurant industry?
4) What do you think of the power balance in industry in general, and the food industry in particular? Do men tend to think women as "being what's on the menu"?

I'm anxious to hear your thoughts.

I honestly loved this movie.
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum