Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Is AMC FearFest 2022 So Far?

Go down

How Is AMC FearFest 2022 So Far? Empty How Is AMC FearFest 2022 So Far?

Post by Trekapedia October 8th 2022, 5:27 am

I don’t have cable or satellite but was wondering if anyone is watching AMC FearFest this year? If so, how is it so far?
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

How Is AMC FearFest 2022 So Far? Empty Re: How Is AMC FearFest 2022 So Far?

Post by jasn88cubs October 8th 2022, 6:54 am

Trekapedia wrote:I don’t have cable or satellite but was wondering if anyone is watching AMC FearFest this year? If so, how is it so far?

its pretty much same as every other year with maybe a few newer movies thrown in/ I don't recall The Final Desination series being included before, this year it is

https://www.halloweenmoviesontv.com/amc-fear-fest-schedule/

jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Trekapedia likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm Not a Goalie October 8th 2022, 10:46 pm

If you sign up for AMC+ you can get access to a lot of the Fear Fest lineup that isn't tied up by the rights being owned by other streaming services. Or you can sign up for the free one week trial and try to binge everything you actually want to watch. It has most of the Halloween Series, the first 8 Friday the 13th films, some Stephen King movies, and a few other individual titles. IMO, AMC+ is kind of crap overall, but it's worth the nine bucks for a month just for the convenience of being able to stream some of these films you can't find anywhere else.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia October 9th 2022, 7:08 am

Is the AMC+and AMC FearFest lineup why Friday The 13th and the franchise aren’t on Paramount Plus right now? I find it really weird those movies aren’t on Paramount Plus. I mean I get why the New Line ones aren’t on there but the first 8 I don’t believe are on Paramount Plus which I just find strange. They’ve been on there this yr but now they’re missing.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

I'm Not a Goalie likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm Not a Goalie October 9th 2022, 5:17 pm

Trekapedia wrote:Is the AMC+and AMC FearFest lineup why Friday The 13th and the franchise aren’t on Paramount Plus right now? I find it really weird those movies aren’t on Paramount Plus. I mean I get why the New Line ones aren’t on there but the first 8 I don’t believe are on Paramount Plus which I just find strange. They’ve been on there this yr but now they’re missing.

Paramount unfortunately no longer holds the rights to distribute those movies even though they originally distributed them. They lost the rights when they decided to sell the franchise off to Horror Inc., so the distribution rights shifted to Warner Brothers who owns New Line Cinema...Then briefly got the rights back and lost them again when they failed to produce another Friday the 13th movie in a preset amount of time... Meaning Paramount is in an weird position where they have to pay another studio for the rights to stream or broadcast a series of movies they originally owned.

What I don't understand is why Warner seems to distribute the Paramount films and the New Line produced films separately... They keep the New Line films locked down on HBO Max for the most part, but they sell off the rights to the original eight films to any other streaming service or network that wants to air them. Not sure if it's just more profitable for Warner/Horror Inc that way, or if the distribution rights for both halves of the franchise aren't absolute.

I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia October 9th 2022, 8:28 pm

Considering how bad off WB Discovery is right now, they’re more than happy to sell shows to other streaming services so they can make a profit. They have been negotiating with Netflix and other streaming services to air their new Batman: The Caped Crusader animated series so don’t be surprised if those Friday The 13th movies keep ending up on other services.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum