Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jeepers Creepers: Reborn Movie Review

Go down

Jeeper Creepers: Reborn Movie Review Empty Jeepers Creepers: Reborn Movie Review

Post by Jason Voorhees October 5th 2022, 2:55 pm

Summary

Chase and Laine head to the Horror Hound Festival, where Laine begins to experience unexplained premonitions and disturbing visions associated with the town's past, and in particular, local legend the Creeper. As the festival gets underway and the blood-soaked entertainment builds to a frenzy, Laine believes that something unearthly has been summoned and that for the first time in 23 years, the Creeper is back.

The Plot

Doesn't make sense...Ima be honest with everyone...Like I tried to understand it but...I can't soooo SPOILER ALERT!

Appearently there is a "Cult" that is behind the Creeper? Yes...this is very much the basis behund Halloween 6: The Curse of Michael Myers? Again it makes no sense to me hopefully the director can explain this in the future? Because the film DOES not elborate on this and Theres a baby involved?! And he needs it for eternal life even tho he is immortal? AGAIN this DOES NOT make sense to me whatsoever! Its all around confusing for anyone who's even watching...soooo yeah dont follow for the lore at all here folks!

The Actors/Acting

I am truly amazed that this cast WASNT actually bad! They seemed natural to me (again my opinion!) And then there is a few who could do big in the industry and hell they had Dee Wallace in this! And without a doubt the casting could have had bigger names personally...hell I would have given Jonathan Breck a role and likely some other alumi's? Yes I know its a "Reboot" but still!

Overall the acting wasnt cringy or boring...just wish they could have other special guests on this film.

The Kills

There is a VERY small body count unlike the other entries in the series this is the lowest about what? 6-7 people have died? Its nothing good when you make a film like this and not give us fans a high body count! They could have had him killing people at the rave instead of being mostly in a "Escape Room" haunted house.

The best "kill" probably had to be the hammer kill and then there is the creepers false kill which was also a homage to the sequel with the high school teenages.

The Creeper

Jeeper Creepers: Reborn Movie Review 20221010

As I said in my OG Announcement for the movie the Original actor for The Creeper, Jonathan Breck did not reprise his role for this film instead we have an actor named Jarreau Benjamin, who was in full make-up for this role...now I'm known for sharing my views about roles and actors and who should and who shouldn't be a pre-existing character...

I will without a doubt regardless of the reputation of the franchise...Jonathan Breck made the Creeper character for 3 films, and brought the consistency.

Jarraeu from my analyzation did not want to mimic Jonathan Breck's version, instead he did his own interpretation which I respect him for that and ofcourse they didnt mimic the make-up design either this is an entirely new design.

I believe they showed too much of the creeper for me...in the original he was enigma figure and we were given crypted understandings of the Creeper and what he is or what he needs...this film makes him a literal urban legend vs the usual unknown killer in a distant town.

Overall...he wasnt a bad creeper but he did not simply out perform the previous actor who did make the character.

The Verdict

If I'm doing these from two different rating systems...

At BEST...its a 2/5 stars (could and can be a 3/5 stars because Victor Salva had no involve with this film!)

5/10 stars by IMBD rating....

Overall the film is only watchable if

1. You completely IGNORE the side lore plot.

2. If you dont consider this a sequel at all and just a completely seperate continuity.

The film could have been better if they had more kills...but you know budgets and schedule timings for these things are good...I think the cult stuff should have been overall removed and just made him an ancient demon or something because the occult is always a whacky method to explain a powerful entity with unknown origins.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

OCT 31 1978 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Jeeper Creepers: Reborn Movie Review Empty Re: Jeepers Creepers: Reborn Movie Review

Post by ThePunisher October 5th 2022, 6:02 pm

Outside of the first movie, I never watched Jeepers Creepers. It never spoke to me, and maybe that's a good thing. Look at what happened to Darius.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Jeeper Creepers: Reborn Movie Review Empty Re: Jeepers Creepers: Reborn Movie Review

Post by OCT 31 1978 October 5th 2022, 7:00 pm

I love the Creeper movies….. including 3 even if it is a weak ass entry in the franchise……
As for this new film…. I didn’t get to see it yet but I haven’t heard anything entirely positive about it either..
I already ordered it on Blu-ray because I am a Completionist and just can’t not watch a film that features The Creeper ….

when I do watch it I will definitely look it as it’s own stand alone reboot of the lore and series….
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees October 6th 2022, 7:52 pm

ThePunisher wrote:Outside of the first movie, I never watched Jeepers Creepers.  It never spoke to me, and maybe that's a good thing.  Look at what happened to Darius.
Maaaan if Silva wasnt attached to the franchise it would be bigger than ever.

OCT 31 1978 wrote:I love the Creeper movies….. including 3 even if it is a weak ass entry in the franchise……
As for this new film…. I didn’t get to see it yet but I haven’t heard anything entirely positive about it either..
I already ordered it on Blu-ray because I am a Completionist and just can’t not watch a film that features The Creeper ….

when I do watch it I will definitely look it as it’s own stand alone reboot of the lore and series….
Hell yeah! I hope you post your own review too! 🤘🏻
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

OCT 31 1978 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulbait70 October 11th 2022, 12:13 pm

I liked the first two movies. The third was watchable but I didn't enjoy it. This one is absolute garbage. The Creeper looks like bad cosplay.
Soulbait70
Soulbait70
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees October 14th 2022, 6:56 pm

Soulbait70 wrote:I liked the first two movies. The third was watchable but I didn't enjoy it. This one is absolute garbage. The Creeper looks like bad cosplay.

Oooo damn my man!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 November 20th 2022, 11:51 am

Jason Voorhees wrote:
ThePunisher wrote:Outside of the first movie, I never watched Jeepers Creepers.  It never spoke to me, and maybe that's a good thing.  Look at what happened to Darius.
Maaaan if Silva wasnt attached to the franchise it would be bigger than ever.

OCT 31 1978 wrote:I love the Creeper movies….. including 3 even if it is a weak ass entry in the franchise……

Hell yeah! I hope you post your own review too! 🤘🏻

Ooooffff…..

Just watched this last night…. During the movie I keep wanting them to hurry up and get to the escape room….. it’s quality and production value felt like a very good Fan film reboot of the lore…. The story was iffy and confusing and I would have liked more about the Cult of the Creeper… I didn’t mind the redesign as this was a reboot and they say the other films were movies in this continuity….. a few shots actually looked pretty good…..I agree there was a little too much creeper shown that needed to be trimmed down….I can’t see how they thought they were going to get a trilogy made from this film.

I wasn’t a fan of the CG graveyard, the hotel room wasn’t as noticeable…. But that graveyard and exterior of the mansion wow it was an eye sore.
For me the original 3 are the only way to go to experience the true Creeper in all his glory.
This may be the nail in the coffin for this franchise…. Maybe a TV or Web series would be better for this in the future…. And please Bring Breck back.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum