Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horror comics that are Non canon

Go down

Horror comics that are Non canon Empty Horror comics that are Non canon

Post by Jasonvoorhees13th September 13th 2022, 7:01 am

Well we have the Halloween comics from the 2000's that are like a sequel to Halloween resurrection those are Non Canon, and we have the Friday the 13th comics Non Canon, The Evil Dead comics Non Canon, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre comics Non Canon, The A Nightmare On Street comics Non Canon, these comics are set on their own universe and their own timeline what did you think of the horror comics being non Canon?
Jasonvoorhees13th
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

OCT 31 1978 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Horror comics that are Non canon Empty Re: Horror comics that are Non canon

Post by OCT 31 1978 September 13th 2022, 6:08 pm

Jasonvoorhees13th wrote:Well we have the Halloween comics from the 2000's that are like a sequel to Halloween resurrection those are Non Canon, and we have the Friday the 13th comics Non Canon, The Evil Dead comics Non Canon, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre comics Non Canon, The A Nightmare On Street comics Non Canon, these comics are set on their own universe and their own timeline what did you think of the horror comics being non Canon?

I mean technically some of them are in canon but just not in the current timeline of movies….
Since the new Halloween movies erased all sequels to Halloween and have started their own timeline 40 years later.
the first Halloween comics distributed by Chaos comics were sequels to Halloween the Curse of Michael Myers…..and H20.
The ones from Devil Due Publishing were continuing from H-1, H2, H20 and Halloween Resurrection timeline.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre comics from Wildstorm were sequels to the remake and the ones from Avatar comics were prequels to it as well.
The Jason vs LeatherFace comics are definitely not Canon to either franchise or any of their timelines.
The F13 comics are definitely in their own timeline/ universe.

I never read the Nightmares comics except for the ones made by innovation comics and they were continuing the story from Nightmare part 3.

As for the Evil Dead comics I only read the Freddy vs Jason vs Ash comics and they were supposedly a sequel to FVJ.

So yeah some are definitely canon to their Correlating films others in their own universe I don’t mind either as I love these extensions of the films like novels and comics… it doesn’t bother me if a series isn’t part of the current movie timeline as I get a ton of enjoyment out of all the films from the past timelines and universes and having books and comic tie in’s is awesome I love them for what they are more of my favorites horror characters mythos and lore.

OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Jasonvoorhees13th likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasonvoorhees13th September 14th 2022, 12:43 pm

Yeah also the child's play comics one of them was a sequel to seed of Chucky which was non Canon even the ones that are sequels to Child's play 2 and before child's play 3.
Jasonvoorhees13th
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

OCT 31 1978 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees September 14th 2022, 2:24 pm

Its their own canon, none of the comics other than the adapatation of Jason Goes to Hell is ever considered Canon here.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum