Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would You Watch A Nightmare On Elm Street Anime?

Go down

Would You Watch A Nightmare On Elm Street Anime? Empty Would You Watch A Nightmare On Elm Street Anime?

Post by Trekapedia September 13th 2022, 3:22 am

So I remember a few years ago, there were plans to do Halloween as an anime. Nothing ever came of it but my friends and I were talking at work and I brought this up. They said “I’d love to see an anime of some unmade A Nightmare On Elm Street movie scripts.” Light bulb above my head went off.

There are TONS of unmade scripts for A Nightmare On Elm Street movies. If they could grab some of them and make them into anime or animated movies, and had Robert Englund as the voice of Freddy Krueger, would you folks watch? It sounds like the best of both worlds to me. We would get new Elm Street media starring Robert Englund. He gets to play Freddy once again and not have to worry about physical limitations.

I’m really shocked a service like Netflix, Hulu or even Shudder didn’t do something like this during the COVID times in 2020 when everyone was starved for content. I mean, you could even make a deal with Adult Swim to put it on there during October or even an amc channel if it was made for Shudder since they own that service and put it on during their FearFest celebration. FearFest is a month long now and if you get a few of these animated Elm Street projects, you can make them World Premieres. Even if they’re edited for the network, you put a message on during commercial breaks and maybe even after the premieres are ending during the end credits saying “Hey thanks for enjoying tonight’s Elm Street premiere. To watch the entire and unedited feature, subscribe to Shudder and watch it beginning tomorrow”. You could even have Joe Bob Briggs and Darcy host as a special series of The Last Drive-In With Joe Bob Briggs specials. He’s done that for episodes of The Walking Dead and I’d love to see them do the same with these.

What do you folks think? I’d be down for it, especially if it meant the return of Robert Englund as Freddy Krueger.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Would You Watch A Nightmare On Elm Street Anime? Empty Re: Would You Watch A Nightmare On Elm Street Anime?

Post by OCT 31 1978 September 13th 2022, 6:31 pm

I would watch any animation Horror film from any of the top franchises the things they could do whether it was cgi or drawn could be amazing!
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Trekapedia likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Would You Watch A Nightmare On Elm Street Anime? Empty Re: Would You Watch A Nightmare On Elm Street Anime?

Post by Jason Voorhees September 14th 2022, 2:28 pm

OCT 31 1978 wrote:I would watch any animation Horror film from any of the top franchises the things they could do whether it was cgi or drawn could be amazing!
^
This
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia October 8th 2022, 5:20 am

With the amount of unmade scripts and also novelizations like were done with Jason X, Friday The 13th and the other franchises, there’s so much stuff they could use to make multiple anime and animated movies. Like I said in the original post, I’m very stunned they didn’t do something like that before. Any reason to bring back Robert Englund would definitely be a plus in my book.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 October 9th 2022, 6:56 pm

Trekapedia wrote:With the amount of unmade scripts and also novelizations like were done with Jason X, Friday The 13th and the other franchises, there’s so much stuff they could use to make multiple anime and animated movies. Like I said in the original post, I’m very stunned they didn’t do something like that before. Any reason to bring back Robert Englund would definitely be a plus in my book.

An Animated Nightmare series would be awesome because of All the amazing things you could do with the dream world….. no limit with animation just your imagination…. Unlike with a film that Hast to make things fit within his budget as well
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia October 9th 2022, 8:24 pm

Absolutely and you can get Robert Englund for the voice and not have to worry about arthritis by wearing the glove.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

OCT 31 1978 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum