Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jason Lives Reveals Jason's Regenerative Ability?

Go down

Jason Lives Reveals Jason's Regenerative Ability? Empty Jason Lives Reveals Jason's Regenerative Ability?

Post by Jason Voorhees August 15th 2022, 2:41 am

Jason Voorhees Corpse

Jason Lives Reveals Jason's Regenerative Ability? Tumblr11

From the picture above we can clearly see that Jason's coffin was poorly maintained and there is loads of bugs and maggots all over his corpse, and this will help make the time of his body decomposition harder to track.

But in science it takes more than 24 days for the eye to decomposed and given that years had passed since his death by Tommy Jarvis, we know for a fact Jason's flesh, nerves, and muscles were eaten away by the maggots but not all of it hence why we got our undead Jason the way he is now.

(Note: Just to state that his clothes were still nearly perfectly fine as well but thats not the discussion ofcourse.)

Supernatural Genetics?

During my time with speaking to Tom Mcloughlin, its concluded that Jason Voorhees has some unnatural genetics which explains more than we know about the lore.

As I made a previous thread about Jason's Father (NO! Not Elias Voorhees) the same man we see in the storyboards and the one mentioned in the Novelization of Part VI itself!

But I believe this supernatural gene was only activated when he was resurrected from the lightning strike! This will help explain the major difference between Human Jason and Undead Jason.

I dont think I asked what Jason's Father was to Tom, so we can only give some speculations on what Jason is partially from Demon? Immortal? even a Angel? Or other supernatural abilities!

This WILL explain why and how the one eye we see on screen was able to regenerate as if it wasnt decomposed or eaten by the maggots itself, and this will also explain why his body looks muscular from the regenerative ability.

Conclusion

I believe Jason Lives is the first/original appearance of this ability as it also matches the main themes surrounding the properties of a Revenant Zombie which they are capable of regeneration or slowing down their body decomposition.

Now is there a limit? Likely Jason's flesh cant heal due to the Crystal Lake's water as in Part 7/8 that Jason's flesh wasnt healing but in Part 9 when he was free to roam that we see he was almost fully flesh again.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Jason Lives Reveals Jason's Regenerative Ability? Empty Re: Jason Lives Reveals Jason's Regenerative Ability?

Post by jasn88cubs August 15th 2022, 2:33 pm

I would say 6 does start that.I mean we see Jason appear out of nowhere and kill the couple on the motorcycle in pt 6
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Jason Lives Reveals Jason's Regenerative Ability? Empty Re: Jason Lives Reveals Jason's Regenerative Ability?

Post by Jason Voorhees August 15th 2022, 5:00 pm

jasn88cubs wrote:I would say 6 does start that.I mean we see Jason appear out of nowhere and kill the couple on the motorcycle in pt 6
Jason x then expanded upon his abilities!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs August 18th 2022, 12:44 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:
jasn88cubs wrote:I would say 6 does start that.I mean we see Jason appear out of nowhere and kill the couple on the motorcycle in pt 6

Yep pt 8 , people complain about Jason appearing out of nowhere but forget he did that in pt 6 just once. To me it seemed he did
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees August 19th 2022, 7:28 pm

jasn88cubs wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:

Yep pt 8 , people complain about Jason appearing out of nowhere but forget he did that in pt 6 just once. To me it seemed he did
Once? I've noticed Jason did it twice atleast in the film.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs August 19th 2022, 11:59 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:
jasn88cubs wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:

what were the 2 times?
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees November 28th 2022, 10:33 am

jasn88cubs wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:
jasn88cubs wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:

what were the 2 times?

The Car Scene:
Jason Lives Reveals Jason's Regenerative Ability? Screen23

And the Motorcyle Scene:
Jason Lives Reveals Jason's Regenerative Ability? Screen24
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs November 28th 2022, 11:23 am

but in the car scene couldn't he have been in the area? or are you talking when he jumped from the tree?
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees November 28th 2022, 12:50 pm

jasn88cubs wrote:but in the car scene couldn't he have been in the area? or are you talking when he jumped from the tree?

Namely him killing Lizabeth and how he just vanished and jumped down on her yes.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs November 28th 2022, 1:20 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:
jasn88cubs wrote:but in the car scene couldn't he have been in the area? or are you talking when he jumped from the tree?

Namely him killing Lizabeth and how he just vanished and jumped down on her yes.

yea that I can see!!
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees November 28th 2022, 1:48 pm

jasn88cubs wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:

yea that I can see!!

Someone pointed out to me in the Part 2 Novelization that Jason was said to have a healing factor!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

jasn88cubs likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs November 28th 2022, 2:08 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:
jasn88cubs wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:

yea that I can see!!

Someone pointed out to me in the Part 2 Novelization that Jason was said to have a healing factor!

hmm interesting, as a zombie I can see that, but parts 2-4 idk
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher November 29th 2022, 6:45 am

jasn88cubs wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:
jasn88cubs wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:

yea that I can see!!

So how would you explain his surviving an injury to head from Paul, hanging by the neck from the barn and a few others?
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs November 29th 2022, 12:00 pm

ThePunisher wrote:
jasn88cubs wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:
jasn88cubs wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:

yea that I can see!!

So how would you explain his surviving an injury to head from Paul, hanging by the neck from the barn and a few others?

well that's a issue for sure. I honestly couldn't come up with anything. I guess he just somehow survived?
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher November 29th 2022, 5:51 pm

[quote="jasn88cubs"]
ThePunisher wrote:
jasn88cubs wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:
jasn88cubs wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:

yea that I can see!!

So how would you explain his surviving an injury to head from Paul, hanging by the neck from the barn and a few others?[/qu

well that's a issue for sure. I honestly couldn't come up with anything. I guess he just somehow survived?

Or maybe Chris Higgins didn't know how to tie a knot.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

jasn88cubs and OCT 31 1978 also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs November 30th 2022, 9:50 pm

I just selfishly don't like the idea of Jason being super natural before he became a zomie
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Silencer January 17th 2023, 2:37 am

The vanishing spot in Part 6 where the woman is wallowing in the mud simply could have been the result of someone taking their eyes off of Jason long enough to create a jump scare. Besides a supernatural healing ability, Jason knew the woods surrounding Crystal Lake top to bottom; making the killer a natural at stealth in his domain.

The double motorcycle death, again, seemed like one of the victims underestimating just how quickly Jason could walk when in pursuit of a victim. When inspired (take Jason becoming enraged during the paintball scene), Jason could quicken up his pace; even in zombified form.
Silencer
Silencer
Town Resident
Town Resident

OCT 31 1978 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 January 17th 2023, 6:39 am

Silencer wrote:The vanishing spot in Part 6 where the woman is wallowing in the mud simply could have been the result of someone taking their eyes off of Jason long enough to create a jump scare. Besides a supernatural healing ability, Jason knew the woods surrounding Crystal Lake top to bottom; making the killer a natural at stealth in his domain.

The double motorcycle death, again, seemed like one of the victims underestimating just how quickly Jason could walk when in pursuit of a victim. When inspired (take Jason becoming enraged during the paintball scene), Jason could quicken up his pace; even in zombified form.

Agreed! Part 8 really had the teleportation down compared to Part 6.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees January 19th 2023, 4:29 pm

Silencer wrote:The vanishing spot in Part 6 where the woman is wallowing in the mud simply could have been the result of someone taking their eyes off of Jason long enough to create a jump scare. Besides a supernatural healing ability, Jason knew the woods surrounding Crystal Lake top to bottom; making the killer a natural at stealth in his domain.

Even then you gotta think of just how Fast Jason was during that distance x time factor there is no way he walked around the car or else Elizabeth would have saw and we have seen her look around herself before it shows Jason jumping behind her and killing her.

As for the Paintball scene, that scene was sadly done by Dan Bradley which there wasn't a reshoot done with C.J. so we got a slight speed inconsistency since we saw C.J. Graham chasing the love-birds and the man and woman were already ahead of Jason at that point.

I can rewatch it again but those are definitely some examples of unexplained movement speeds.

Note: I realized when reading the novelization for Friday the 13th Part 2 that it does state Jason has a healing factor so it seems since Part 2 that Jason always had a stated healing factor.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum