Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nightmare on Elm Street Ranked

Go down

Nightmare on Elm Street Ranked Empty Nightmare on Elm Street Ranked

Post by jasn88cubs August 11th 2022, 8:21 pm

I did not see this and I haven't seen them all but am interested how everyone else feels?
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Nightmare on Elm Street Ranked Empty Re: Nightmare on Elm Street Ranked

Post by OCT 31 1978 August 12th 2022, 8:17 pm

jasn88cubs wrote:I did not see this and I haven't seen them all but am interested how everyone else feels?

There are only 3 of The Nightmare movies I really love, a few that I like and a couple that I hate……..here goes my list and Ranking.

Love:
1. A Nightmare on Elm Street
2. A Nightmare on Elm Street Dream Warriors
3.Wes Craven’s New Nightmare

Like:
4. A Nightmare on Elm Street Dream Master
5. Freddy VS Jason
6. A Nightmare on Elm Street Freddy’s Revenge
( I Still think part 2 has the best Freddy Makeup.)
7. A Nightmare on Elm Street Dream Child

Hate:
8. Remake
9. Freddy’s Dead

Which ones have you seen so far?

OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

I'm Not a Goalie and Trekapedia also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm Not a Goalie August 12th 2022, 9:45 pm

While I'll admit to not being the biggest Nightmare on Elm Street Fan, I do enjoy the series... Just not as much as Friday, Halloween, or Evil Dead. I've always been a Jason guy, but my wife is a Freddy girl, so I'm well versed in the franchise, lol. Here's how I'd personally rank them based on how much I enjoy them.

1. A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors
2. A Nightmare on Elm Street
3. New Nightmare
4. Freddy vs. Jason

And this right here is why this franchise isn't particularly my favorite... These were the only films in the series I can say with a straight face that I enjoyed. The rest have various problems, and are never particularly high on my must watch list. Here's how I rank the rest.

5. Freddy's Dead The Final Nightmare: Maybe the worst film in the series, yet one of the few bad ones I'm able to get some enjoyment out of. It completely embraced the cartoony ridiculousness the franchise had become infamous for, yet somehow manages to be the one I can tolerate the most.

6. A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: I appreciated where they were trying to go with this one, and I liked the idea of a guy filling that final girl role. It showed that Freddy really didn't care, and all Elm Street kids were his kids. The overall story just didn't come together for me though.

7. A Nightmare on Elm Street 5 Dream Child: I barely remember this one which is telling in itself.

8. A Nightmare on Elm Street 4 Dream Master: I have a special hate for this one, because I feel it completely derailed the franchise. It tried too hard to emulate Dream Warriors, and failed in ever way imaginable. They killed off all the characters from P3 you cared about early on and replaced them with boring generic cardboard cutouts I couldn't give a crap about. Freddy morphs into his final form of stand-up comedian who murders teenagers on the side, and the foreshadowing of a characters method of death that was so cool in P3 immediately becomes cliché, predictable, and lame.

9. The Remake: I only have one thing to say... 🤮
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

jasn88cubs, OCT 31 1978 and Trekapedia also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees August 13th 2022, 11:36 am

You want my ranking?

1# A Nightmare on Elm Street
2# A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge
3# Wes Craven's New Nightmare
4# Freddy vs Jason
5# A Nightmare on Elmstreet (2010 Remake)
6# Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare
7# A Nightmare on Street 4: The Dream Master
8# A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warrior
9# A Nightmare on Elm Street 5: The Dream Child

This is my Official Ranking for these films.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

jasn88cubs and Trekapedia also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by William Munny August 26th 2022, 4:46 pm

I'm overdue to rewatch the entire franchise. Other than going to the theater to watch the remake, I haven't watched any of these films in 20-25 years.

While I did watch the first five at the theater/drive in, I actually tired of the series by the third entry. I wasn't able to take any of it seriously. Turning Freddy into Rodney Dangerfield was a mistake and I just couldn't get into it.

I'll never forget the first time I watched the first Elm Street. It was a genuinely creepy movie for a 5th grader.

Will Munny : That's right.
William Munny
William Munny
Town Resident
Town Resident

http://www.gnrevolution.com/

jasn88cubs and Trekapedia also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia September 13th 2022, 3:04 am

My rankings would go something like this:

1. A Nightmare On Elm Street Part 3: Dream Warriors
2. A Nightmare On Elm Street, 1984
3. A Nightmare On Elm Street Part 2: Freddy’s Revenge
4. Freddy Vs Jason
5. Freddy’s Dead: The Final Nightmare
6. A Nightmare On Elm Street Part 4: The Dream Master.
7. A Nightmare On Elm Street Part 5: The Dream Child.
8. Wes Craven’s New Nightmare
9. A Nightmare On Elm Street, 2010

I think Freddy’s Dead is so high up on the list for me because it was the first one I saw when it hit VHS. I still enjoy it and I had it as my favorite until I saw Dream Warriors.

Part 2 was always one of my favorites from the first time I saw it following USA Cartoon Express/Action Extreme Team and WWF either Saturday or Sunday afternoon and I was hooked. So much fun to see it for the first time and be like “I don’t know what this is but I love it.” Ah the times back when USA Network would air cool stuff and not just do marathons of shows like Law and Order: Special Victims Unit and NCIS.

As a matter of fact, after I saw it on USA, a few years later, Spike TV aired the original movie uncut and soon after that, Bravo aired Freddy’s Revenge. I watched it again and loved it even more. Also, when we had a small video store here called National Video, when I was able to get a membership, the first VHS I rented from there was Freddy’s Revenge and I also remember renting the DVD of it from Hollywood Video. Good times.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

OCT 31 1978 and I'm Not a Goalie also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum