Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives Anniversary

Go down

Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives Anniversary Empty Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives Anniversary

Post by Jason Voorhees August 2nd 2022, 6:58 am

Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives Anniversary Mv5byj10

Summary:

Years ago, Tommy Jarvis (Thom Mathews) killed infamous hockey-masked murderer Jason Voorhees (C.J. Graham), and the intensity of the experience has landed him in a mental institution. To end his torment and achieve a level of closure, Tommy escapes from the hospital and heads to the graveyard where Jason is buried, intending to dig up the body and cremate it. But, before this total annihilation can occur, a freak electrical accident resurrects Jason from the dead, and the terror begins anew.

Cast:

• Thom Mathews as Tommy Jarvis
  • C.J. Graham as Jason Voorhees
  • Jennifer Cooke as Megan Garris
  • David Kagen as Sheriff Mike Garris
  • Kerry Noonan as Paula Mott
  • Renée Jones as Elizabeth "Sissy" Baker
  • Tom Fridley as Carter "Cort" Andrews
  • Darcy DeMoss as Nicola "Nikki" Parsley
  • Nancy McLoughlin as Lizbeth Mott
  • Tony Goldwyn as Darren Robinson
  • Alan Blumenfeld as Larry
  • Matthew Faison as Stan
  • Ann Ryerson as Katie
  • Ron Palillo as Allen Hawes
  • Vincent Guastaferro as Deputy Rick Cologne
  • Michael Swan as Officer Pappas
  • Courtney Vickery as Nancy
  • Whitney Rydbeck as Roy
  • Bob Larkin as Martin
  • Wallace Merck as Burt
  • Roger Rose as Steven Halavex
  • Cynthia Kania as Annette Edwards
  • Michael Nomad as Officer Thornton
  • Justin Nowell as Billy
  • Tommy Nowell as Tyen
  • Dan Bradley as Jason Voorhees (Paintball scene (Uncredited)

Legacy:

Thanks to Tom Mcloughlin, C.J. Graham, and Thom Mathews, Jennifer Cooke it helped create an instant fan favorite and a cult classic, as Friday the 13th: Jason Lives is one of the most iconic Horror Films ever, and it helps give Jason a new Design that will be used in future fanarts, parodies, spoofs, and more! The iconic story, design, and plot made it what it is today ad a rewatchable film!

Tom Mcloughlin: The Director and Writer of Jason Lives: Friday the 13th Part VI, without his creative mind to take inspiration from Mary Shelley's Frankenstein of using a Lighting bolt to resurrect a corpse, this single moment became ICONIC to the character for decades! His approach wasnt just praised by fans but other directors and writers, where Mcloughlin took a series known for having a M or Rate-18 rating and turned it into the first Nudity free Friday thr 13th ever, this move was thought to be "Bad" as Nudity was a major focus from and by previous directors and it also for the 1st time ever introduced children to the Camp, his actions help create a fan favorite.

C.J. Graham: Jason Voorhees himself namely the 1st Revenant Jason Actor, C.J. Graham military background made him a force to be reckon with, with no previous acting experience, C.J. Graham absolutely killed it as Jason for his first movie debut, this Jason has unlimited strength, immortality, and more, and C.J. demostrates it through the Kills and his body movement, his muscular and tall build made him stand out and made him a hit for most of the fan-base who creates C.J. Graham as the best Jason ever or the Best 2nd Jason ever within the franchise, his love for the character and the series is displayed at Conventions.

Thom Mathews: Tommy Jarvis aka the Final Boy, from Corey Feldman to John Shepard, this is by far one of the most memorable version of Tommy Jarvis, Thom Mathews, his role as this trouble youth was perfectly casted, his chemistry with the cast and crew is shown, Thom as with C.J. Graham had killed this role and made it his own, his quick remarks to Jason and his personality made him a fan favorite, Mathews didnt need the personality of the previous actors, and this is what made him as fan favorite,  as with many others Thom loves the fans and the series, his roles in Return of the Living Dead 1 and 2 were also a reason to see him on the screen during this time!

Jennifer Cooke: Megan Garris aka the Final Girl with anyone being memorable its Jennifer, her onscreen and offscreen chemistry is where fans loved her, And she is one of the rare final girls in Friday and in general who actually wasnt seen as a Trope, she actually assisted the main character and acted more like a secondary protagnist and not a side-character, she had more character development in such a short time that modern horrors are having a hard time replicating.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

I'm Not a Goalie likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives Anniversary Empty Re: Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives Anniversary

Post by OCT 31 1978 August 2nd 2022, 4:43 pm

Happy Anniversary to my Favorite Friday film!!!

“Some folk sure got a strange idea of entertainment!!’
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

I'm Not a Goalie likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives Anniversary Empty Re: Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives Anniversary

Post by Jason Voorhees August 2nd 2022, 4:53 pm

OCT 31 1978 wrote:Happy Anniversary to my Favorite Friday film!!!

“Some folk sure got a strange idea of entertainment!!’

"Jason! Its me you want remeber?!"

Classics!!!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

OCT 31 1978 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm Not a Goalie August 2nd 2022, 8:23 pm

A movie not shy about letting it's audience now it held them in complete contempt, and I absolutely love that about it! Absolutely adore this film, and it'll always be my go to when I can only watch one.

"I've seen enough horror movies to know any weirdo wearing a mask is never friendly!"
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

OCT 31 1978 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Fair Play August 3rd 2022, 5:45 pm

A great film aging like fine wine.

Happy Anniversary to this masterpiece.
Fair Play
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees August 6th 2022, 3:57 pm

I will try to keep up with this everytime so we can praise these films!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

jasn88cubs and ThePunisher also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs August 11th 2022, 10:41 am

A good film.The last great one?
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 August 11th 2022, 3:36 pm

jasn88cubs wrote:A good film.The last great one?

Definitely a top Tier film…… but not the last Great film…in my opinion.

I still think 2009 Remake is a fantastic Friday the 13th film….. hit all the right cords for me. I rate it pretty high on my list of Favorite F13 films.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

jasn88cubs likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees August 11th 2022, 7:11 pm

jasn88cubs wrote:A good film.The last great one?

Hey The New Blood was the last in the series before New Line Cinema acquired the rights.

Jason Takes Manhattan was a false promise to the fans.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by William Munny August 26th 2022, 4:30 pm

Yeah this one definitely gets better with hindsight. It was a gutsy direction to take it in....it's essentially a monster movie set in Mayberry with no nudity...but it somehow works and is probably peak Friday. It was all downhill from here.

It was also one of my favorite drive in experiences....I saw it as a double feature with April Fool's Day.

Will Munny : That's right.
William Munny
William Munny
Town Resident
Town Resident

http://www.gnrevolution.com/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum