Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the fascinating part of pt 8 is

Go down

the fascinating part of pt 8 is Empty the fascinating part of pt 8 is

Post by jasn88cubs July 8th 2022, 7:06 pm

How is Rennie and Sean going to explain what happened to the boat, everyone on board, what happened in New York

Yea Jason Voohrees was chasing us!

I mean Jason turned into a boy in the sewer

Kind of interesting if you think about it

Pt 2 Ginny would be cleared since Jason attacked all weekend
Pt 3 Jason was at the site
pt 4 +5+6+& multiple witnesses (But do they believe Megan and Tommy?) and I guess Tina and Nicholas?
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

the fascinating part of pt 8 is Empty Re: the fascinating part of pt 8 is

Post by I'm Not a Goalie July 8th 2022, 8:05 pm

Good question. Nobody's going to believe Jason reverted back to a kid, but their were plenty of witnesses around New York who saw the weirdo in the hockey mask stomping through the streets for Sean and Rennie to blame the killings on him... They just might want to tell the cops he got washed away in the sewer rather than what actually happened on screen...

In Part 6, all the kids at the camp are technically witnesses too, so there shouldn't be much problem there. By Part 7, Crystal Lake is probably so used to this Jason shit that I doubt they'd have much trouble believing them, lol.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

SonofOdin6039 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs July 8th 2022, 8:42 pm

I'm Not a Goalie wrote:Good question. Nobody's going to believe Jason reverted back to a kid, but their were plenty of witnesses around New York who saw the weirdo in the hockey mask stomping through the streets for Sean and Rennie to blame the killings on him... They just might want to tell the cops he got washed away in the sewer rather than what actually happened on screen...

In Part 6, all the kids at the camp are technically witnesses too, so there shouldn't be much problem there. By Part 7, Crystal Lake is probably so used to this Jason shit that I doubt they'd have much trouble believing them, lol.

True, on all accounts

but part 7 lol

"Ah shit Jason came back again? How many did he get this time"
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

OCT 31 1978 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 July 10th 2022, 11:27 am

Man trying to make any sense out of Part 8’s ending lol…

Ok so I definitely don’t watch the ending as Jason reverting back into a child….. I still think that’s Rennie Hallucinating.

Who knows what she actually sees down there a melted Jason…. Possibly nothing but his mask….

As for them explaining what happened yeah that is going to be pretty problematic but the lady in the diner and the guy if he survived Jason throwing him into that mirror could corroborate their story about being chased by a masked Maniac….

As for the Cruise liner I am sure once they find the ship and the bodies more of their story will line up…And there isn’t any evidence to support they were responsible for what happened.

OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

jasn88cubs likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by SonofOdin6039 July 11th 2022, 9:29 am

Eventually they had to have believed it if the FBI set up a trap for him in JTGH. Most people would have trouble believing a masked murderer keeps coming back after being electrocuted or by a teenage psychic and would say it's a copycat like Roy, but like he said there were plenty of people in the diner who saw what Jason is capable of. Plus there's the matter of the dead cop and crashed police car, so there would have to be an official investigation
SonofOdin6039
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees July 11th 2022, 8:57 pm

The ending will never make sense unless you take the words of the director where he left it as a "opening" to keep Jason alive for the next film.

As I explained in a previous post where Adam Marcus commented that Part 9 is not a continuation of Part 8 but of Part 7 then we can assume the ending of Part 8 being seen as "Non-Canon" but this is up to us F13 fans to believe what we want in terms of the New Line Cinema films.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by William Munny July 20th 2022, 10:55 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:The ending will never make sense unless you take the words of the director where he left it as a "opening" to keep Jason alive for the next film.

As I explained in a previous post where Adam Marcus commented that Part 9 is not a continuation of Part 8 but of Part 7 then we can assume the ending of Part 8 being seen as "Non-Canon" but this is up to us F13 fans to believe what we want in terms of the New Line Cinema films.

The ending (and the film in general) defies all logic, common sense, biology, physics, and even geography.

Blows me away that not only did that script get the green light, but that there weren't mass firings over it.

A complete insult to both the franchise and its fans.

Then they did it again with JGTH.

I was not surprised that the franchise went into limbo after this.

Will Munny : That's right.
William Munny
William Munny
Town Resident
Town Resident

http://www.gnrevolution.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs August 11th 2022, 11:30 am

would people in New York even know of Jason Voohrees?
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by William Munny August 27th 2022, 6:22 pm

jasn88cubs wrote:would people in New York even know of Jason Voohrees?

The films did a terrible job showing the impact these various mass murders had on the communities surrounding it....much less its cultural impact on major cities.

An example...in the Halloween series, the community is shown as being aware of Myers. The whole town goes into panic when he shows up. In this series, we get none of that.

In the offchance a reboot of the series ever gets the green light, it's something to take into consideration.

William Munny
William Munny
Town Resident
Town Resident

jasn88cubs likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher August 27th 2022, 7:18 pm

William Munny wrote:
jasn88cubs wrote:would people in New York even know of Jason Voohrees?

The films did a terrible job showing the impact these various mass murders had on the communities surrounding it....much less its cultural impact on major cities.

An example...in the Halloween series, the community is shown as being aware of Myers. The whole town goes into panic when he shows up. In this series, we get none of that.

In the offchance a reboot of the series ever gets the green light, it's something to take into consideration.

Well, I'm not sure about New York City, but in Crystal Lake (especially in the original), people knew of Jason, calling the camp Camp Blood. Enos and the others in the diner grew silent when Annie asked about the camp, and Enos encouraged her to quit. I'm sure plenty of people thought it was stupid to reopen the camp each time it was tried. I can't say they're wrong.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by William Munny August 27th 2022, 7:24 pm

I remember in the beginning of part 3, we see cops in the background for a brief moment. I suppose this was meant to symbolize a police presence after the massacre.

They could've done better than that.

They just weren't interested in consistency. It wouldn't take much effort to improve this aspect of the story. Reminds me of your mention of the series timeline recently....how later films take place years later yet there's not a single thing in it that might insinuate it takes place in the future.

William Munny
William Munny
Town Resident
Town Resident

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum