Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michael Myers unmasked

Go down

Michael Myers unmasked Empty Michael Myers unmasked

Post by ThePunisher July 1st 2022, 4:26 pm

Michael Myers was supposed to be unmasked for the first time in Halloween 5. He was unmasked pretty well in the original movie by Laurie Strode.

Having said that, what did you think of Michael's reaction when Jamie called " uncle"? That was probably the only time anyone called him that.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Michael Myers unmasked Empty Re: Michael Myers unmasked

Post by I'm Not a Goalie July 1st 2022, 8:53 pm

Mixed feelings... That's actually one of my favorite sequences in Part 5, but at the same time, the entire scene is kind of a contradiction of everything we know about Michael as a character through four movies. We're led to assume he knows Jamie is his niece which is why he's so determined to kill her, so it's not like her calling him Uncle should've really caught him by surprise or anything, not enough to pacify him for more than a second or two anyway. The only other real option is that they were starting to set up this Curse of Thorne plot point, and it almost seemed like they were trying to make Michael appear almost conflicted about killing his family, with his rage overcoming him when Jamie tries to touch him... This goes directly in the face of THE SHAPE, and simply being the embodiment of pure evil that we all know and love.

Basically, good scene greatly mired for the potential reasoning for why it exists.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs July 1st 2022, 9:10 pm

I think it hit Michael in kind of a "what am i doing" kind of feeling
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 July 3rd 2022, 8:31 am

Man oh man…… Halloween 5 and the unmasking… hmmmm I do agree with @I’m Not a Goalie…. His reaction does indeed go against what we know about the Shape to this point….

In the original Michael’s motivation was as shadowy as his character only that his intentions were pure evil……but the end of the movie he escapes into the night with Loomis knowing that he isn’t a Man never was he is the Boogyman….

In H2 Michael was momentarily caught off….guard/ confused/ or just curious as Laurie calls him by his Name before continuing his murderous trek towards her…..

In H4 Michael shows no Sympathy towards Jamie a child he intends to Kill….”and anyone who gets in his way.”

But by the time the unmasking scene comes in H5 I believe like @I’m Not a Goalie said….. the writers are looking to establish that Michael’s “rage” soon to be called his Curse is what drives him to kill his family and that there is something or Someone inside that doesn’t want to do this…when called “Uncle” he stops in his tracks showing sympathy and shedding a tear…. This is not Pure Evil behavior….. H5’s attempt to humanize Michael adds emotion to the film and for the characters for sure…..but definitely contradicts what has been established up to this point…..I enjoy the scene but don’t think what it is attempting to say about his character was necessarily done in the best way…..
As Michael is even More Evil and driven in the Curse of Michael Myers… with not a shred of sympathy for anyone even a new born Baby lol.

I do happen to love his reaction in Part 5 to her attempt to wipe his tear as he goes berserk and shows frustration in that he almost had her and that she “could not make the Rage go away.” So now she must Die.

I do actually enjoy watching H5 except for the death of Rachel and the goofy cops, I really like the build up and chase from the Tower Farm to the Myers “Mansion” to the capture of Michael.
It made sense that Loomis would try to capture Michael and attempt to lock him up again instead of kill him especially since he always said…..”it cannot die.”
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

I'm Not a Goalie likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by SonofOdin6039 July 4th 2022, 7:14 pm

The question on my mind is would he have still tried to kill her if she hadn't tried to wipe his tear? After seeing that he killed pretty much all her friends, her sister and her dog, you'd think she'd be cursing him, but instead she tried to reach him on an emotional level it inadvertently bought the time she needed to escape. Michaels reactions to Jamie are contradictory and leaves me wondering if he is indeed fighting an inner battle. When he was in the back of earl's truck he went after Rachel instead of Jamie, and for a second in the beginning of Part 6 I thought he was going to hesitate for a moment, only to push her further onto the baler, as in Resurrection he didn't hesitate to kill Laurie. Kinda weird and would have made for an interesting story line if he fought the'rage' or curse, of you will
SonofOdin6039
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees July 8th 2022, 5:58 am

Unmasking svene was way to humanizing for him, its completely out and beyond the entire concept of what he is.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

ThePunisher likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum