Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What horror item is iconic

Go down

What horror item is iconic Empty What horror item is iconic

Post by Jasonvoorhees13th June 26th 2022, 7:49 pm

Jason's hockey mask, Freddy's Bladed glove, leatherface's chainsaw, Michael's white mask. Which of these are iconic?
Jasonvoorhees13th
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

OCT 31 1978 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

What horror item is iconic Empty Re: What horror item is iconic

Post by OCT 31 1978 June 26th 2022, 10:19 pm

Jasonvoorhees13th wrote:Jason's hockey mask, Freddy's Bladed glove, leatherface's chainsaw, Michael's white mask. Which of these are iconic?

All of the above…….I would even add:

Norman Bates butcher knife silhouette.
Chucky good guy doll body
Billy puppet from saw
Ghost faces mask
Hannibal Lecters mouth cover
Pinheads pins
It’s Clown make up.

All iconic

OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

SonofOdin6039 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm Not a Goalie June 27th 2022, 2:50 am

Not sure I understand the question, since all of these items are indeed iconic to any horror fan. There's no logical way to even start debating that any of the four you listed aren't iconic in some way.

If you're asking which is most iconic, I'd have to go with the thing that even middle-aged ladies who've never watched a horror movie in their lives refer to as the 'Jason Mask' instead of what it actually is, a fricking hockey mask. When you become so synonymous with an object that even casuals connect the use of it to your character opposed to it's original intended use, that's pretty damn iconic.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

jasn88cubs and OCT 31 1978 also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees June 27th 2022, 10:18 am

Jasonvoorhees13th wrote:Jason's hockey mask, Freddy's Bladed glove, leatherface's chainsaw, Michael's white mask. Which of these are iconic?

As @OCT 31 1978 said haha all of them are so historically iconic.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher June 27th 2022, 10:33 am

How about the original Dracula and Frankenstein movies, or even the Wolfman movies? Are these iconic?
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

I'm Not a Goalie likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm Not a Goalie June 27th 2022, 11:26 am

ThePunisher wrote:How about the original Dracula and Frankenstein movies, or even the Wolfman movies? Are these iconic?

Iconic without a doubt, though the OP seems to be referring iconic items from famous horror movies rather than just the movies themselves. Dracula's accent, the creation scene from Frankenstein, as far back as the mask removal scene from Phantom of the Opera... All scenes so iconic and engrained into pop culture, that you still see tributes and parodies of these tropes 90 to 100 years later for audiences who have no real idea where the trope originated in the first place. That's the definition of iconic, when you transcend the medium you were originally trying to cater too. When you think about it, the creation scene from Frankenstein might be the single most iconic scene in cinema history. It's easier for me to think of cartoons and television shows I grew up with that didn't somehow pay homage to this old movie sequence that most of their viewing audience had no business knowing where the reference even came from, lol.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher June 27th 2022, 2:30 pm

I'm Not a Goalie wrote:
ThePunisher wrote:How about the original Dracula and Frankenstein movies, or even the Wolfman movies? Are these iconic?

Iconic without a doubt, though the OP seems to be referring iconic items from famous horror movies rather than just the movies themselves. Dracula's accent, the creation scene from Frankenstein, as far back as the mask removal scene from Phantom of the Opera... All scenes so iconic and engrained into pop culture, that you still see tributes and parodies of these tropes 90 to 100 years later for audiences who have no real idea where the trope originated in the first place. That's the definition of iconic, when you transcend the medium you were originally trying to cater too. When you think about it, the creation scene from Frankenstein might be the single most iconic scene in cinema history. It's easier for me to think of cartoons and television shows I grew up with that didn't somehow pay homage to this old movie sequence that most of their viewing audience had no business knowing where the reference even came from, lol.

Of course, the cemetery scene in Friday part 6 where lightning brings Jason back to life pays homage to Frankenstein. I'm sure we could sit here all day with examples.
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees June 28th 2022, 2:28 pm

ThePunisher wrote:How about the original Dracula and Frankenstein movies, or even the Wolfman movies?  Are these iconic?

Frankenstein: The Bolts

Dracula: The Fangs (or even the Cape)

Wolfman: The Moon

😅 Best I could think of.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by SonofOdin6039 June 28th 2022, 3:16 pm

Let's not forget Bruce the Mechanical Shark from Jaws, which could also include the Orca, may they both rest in peace. But I'd have given my right eye to own one of the sharks they used in the movies. Pity what happened to them
SonofOdin6039
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum