Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Evil Dead hail to the king video game is NON CANON!

Go down

Evil Dead hail to the king video game is NON CANON! Empty Evil Dead hail to the king video game is NON CANON!

Post by Jasonvoorhees13th June 2nd 2022, 3:10 pm

Let's say that this Ps1 game is non Canon so After army of darkness, Ash gets a new gf named Jenny A lá Splatterhouse and they return to the cabin so he can face his nightmares but it is ruined by his severed hand making hell break loose again... Once again evil Ash returns from a mirror and kidnaps Jenny Ash arms up and he gets a axe and rebuilding his chainsaw hand and getting a pistol, and after fighting tons tons of deadites Ash finally gets his match with his evil clone and his evil clone turns into a giant spider and after killing him, Ash and Jenny return to the normal world except it's ruled not other than DEADITES! As Ash and Jenny scream in horror by seeing copies of the necromicon at a book store, also by the time AVED (Ash vs evil dead) came the TV show retconned the games and the FVJVA comics by declaring it as Non Canon. Any thoughts....
Jasonvoorhees13th
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Back to top Go down

Evil Dead hail to the king video game is NON CANON! Empty Re: Evil Dead hail to the king video game is NON CANON!

Post by Jasonvoorhees13th June 2nd 2022, 3:10 pm

Same with the elm Street comics and Friday the 13th comics and Halloween comics and even the Chucky comics.
Jasonvoorhees13th
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Back to top Go down

Evil Dead hail to the king video game is NON CANON! Empty Re: Evil Dead hail to the king video game is NON CANON!

Post by I'm Not a Goalie June 2nd 2022, 8:09 pm

Umm... I don't think any video games for any franchise should be considered canon. Those are two entirely differen't forms of story telling mediums, and that's a big reason why a lot of video game movie adaptations don't work unless you make them their own thing. The Ghostbusters game might be as close as you get since it based largely off the actual script that at one point was going to be Ghostbusters 3, but I highly doubt Sony is ever going to recognize the game as a canon sequel to Ghostbusters 2.

There's also the issue that not everybody who enjoys watching horror movies necessarily reads comics or plays video games, so of course Ash vs The Evil Dead wasn't going to treat other entertainment mediums as part of the canon. Even a lot of fans of the movies wouldn't know what the hell was going on if they're suddenly expected to also be aware of what happened in a bunch of video games and comics they've never heard of. I'm sorry, but Ash vs. Evil Dead didn't retcon anything, it was always meant to be a continuation of the movies. The Comics and Video Games should be exactly what they were, fun little side stories that exist in their own pocket universes.

Now that I think about it though, AVED did seem to retcon one thing. Did I miss something or did anyone else find it weird that the Cabin suddenly appeared to be in Michigan?
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees June 3rd 2022, 9:41 pm

I'm Not a Goalie wrote:Umm... I don't think any video games for any franchise should be considered canon. Those are two entirely differen't forms of story telling mediums, and that's a big reason why a lot of video game movie adaptations don't work unless you make them their own thing. The Ghostbusters game might be as close as you get since it based largely off the actual script that at one point was going to be Ghostbusters 3, but I highly doubt Sony is ever going to recognize the game as a canon sequel to Ghostbusters 2.

There's also the issue that not everybody who enjoys watching horror movies necessarily reads comics or plays video games, so of course Ash vs The Evil Dead wasn't going to treat other entertainment mediums as part of the canon. Even a lot of fans of the movies wouldn't know what the hell was going on if they're suddenly expected to also be aware of what happened in a bunch of video games and comics they've never heard of. I'm sorry, but Ash vs. Evil Dead didn't retcon anything, it was always meant to be a continuation of the movies. The Comics and Video Games should be exactly what they were, fun little side stories that exist in their own pocket universes.

Now that I think about it though, AVED did seem to retcon one thing. Did I miss something or did anyone else find it weird that the Cabin suddenly appeared to be in Michigan?
This basically sums it up.

The only comic ever to be considered for Friday the 13th is the official adaptation of Jason Goes to Hell by Topps Comics.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Darrin/Strigoi June 6th 2022, 8:20 pm

I Dont agree.
Everyone seems to get angry and really pissed off when you try to add a darker supernatural version to these characters.
People want these stories and characters to stay dumb teenage bopper stoner movies where the story has no complexity or plot whatsoever.its the same damn story over and over again.couple sneeks off to get stoned or have sex and they get killed.
Darrin/Strigoi
Darrin/Strigoi
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Fair Play June 8th 2022, 8:19 pm

Video game adaptations tend to steer things in a slightly different direction. I don't normally consider them canon, though they are typically consider them enjoyable.
Fair Play
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Darrin/Strigoi likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 June 9th 2022, 9:36 am

I love the Games!!
It’s funny because even the games reboot them selves and don’t even follow their own Continuity…either. Lol

Evil Dead Hail to the King
It’s sequel
Evil Dead A Fist Full of Boomstick.

And then they came out with
Evil Dead: Regeneration which Ignores the story from Boomstick and Hail to the King it is more of a sequel to Evil dead 2 but without the ending sending him across time….. and begins with Ash in a mental Hospital after being arrested for killing all his friends and Girl friend.
Lol
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees June 9th 2022, 11:32 pm

OCT 31 1978 wrote:I love the Games!!
It’s funny because even the games reboot them selves and don’t even follow their own Continuity…either. Lol

Evil Dead Hail to the King
It’s sequel
Evil Dead A Fist Full of Boomstick.

And then they came out with
Evil Dead: Regeneration which Ignores the story from Boomstick and Hail to the King it is more of a sequel to Evil dead 2 but without the ending sending him across time….. and begins with Ash in a mental Hospital after being arrested for killing all his friends and Girl friend.
Lol
Welcome to the world of Game development haha
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum