Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Was Your Introduction To Friday the 13th?

Go down

What Was Your Introduction To Friday the 13th? Empty What Was Your Introduction To Friday the 13th?

Post by Soulbait70 May 23rd 2022, 8:28 pm

It was 1983 and I was twelve (almost thirteen). Showtime showed all three of them back-to-back. The next year I saw The Final Chapter in the theater. My father had to sign for me to see it because I was only thirteen at the time.
Soulbait70
Soulbait70
Camper
Camper

Trekapedia likes this post!

Back to top Go down

What Was Your Introduction To Friday the 13th? Empty Re: What Was Your Introduction To Friday the 13th?

Post by I'm Not a Goalie May 23rd 2022, 10:12 pm

I've told parts of this story before, but my first exposure to the franchise was watching P5 on either TNT or USA during one of their late night blocks... Can't recall which one. That's why I have more of an affinity for that film than most fans. I was young enough at the time that I didn't even make the connection that Roy wasn't actually Jason after the first viewing. After that, I started renting every film I could when I could find one at the video store... Thankfully my parents were pretty much horror illiterate, so they had no clue nor paid very much attention to what I was renting, lol.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

Trekapedia and Soulbait70 also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

What Was Your Introduction To Friday the 13th? Empty Re: What Was Your Introduction To Friday the 13th?

Post by jasn88cubs May 24th 2022, 6:56 am

My dad had me watch Friday the 13th when I was young, but I got scared and didn't watch the whole thing lol

If it wa son tv I'd tune in for a few minutes then turn away lol
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees May 24th 2022, 10:39 am

I was a child no younger than 5 or 4 years old lol.

I remeber watching a marathon on either Scifi (Yes, Sci-Fi not Syfy) or AMC and seeing Kane during the scene where Tina Shepard had released him is my earliest introduction to the franchise.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia May 24th 2022, 12:48 pm

First moment for me was seeing the Jason Takes Manhattan trailer during an episode of Night Court. It had the scene where he scared the punks after kicking their stereo and all I could think was I don’t want to mess with him lol.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

jasn88cubs and Soulbait70 also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs May 24th 2022, 8:45 pm

Trekapedia wrote:First moment for me was seeing the Jason Takes Manhattan trailer during an episode of Night Court. It had the scene where he scared the punks after kicking their stereo and all I could think was I don’t want to mess with him lol.

dang Jason could have stopped by and seen Harry and the gang
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia May 25th 2022, 4:24 am

jasn88cubs wrote:
Trekapedia wrote:First moment for me was seeing the Jason Takes Manhattan trailer during an episode of Night Court. It had the scene where he scared the punks after kicking their stereo and all I could think was I don’t want to mess with him lol.

dang Jason could have stopped by and seen Harry and the gang

Lol i never even thought about that! Good one!

I also remember coming home from watching a movie one night. It must have been the 20th anniversary because AMC channel was doing a showing of it one Sunday night. I was sitting at the computer and I was looking at the screen off and on. Nothing else was on so I was just letting it play. That was when AMC channel was doing the little notes thing at the bottom of the screen as their version of commentary. I only watched a little because I was tired and went to bed soon after.

Another memory I have is of course when I watched it on The New TNN and they had the wrong movie listed on the bottom of the screen like I’ve said before. It said Part VI in TV Guide so I turned it on… only to find out it was Part 3 instead. I loved it no matter what and had a fun time watching it and the bottom of the screen said NOW PLAYING FRIDAY THE 13TH PART VI: JASON LIVES the entire time.

I also remember staying home one Friday night when it was the actual day and watching the original Friday The 13th. This was when AMC channel showed it and I had a lot of fun. Good times.

Hope it’s ok I listed all of those because they’re all first memories I have of watching those movies.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

jasn88cubs and Soulbait70 also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulbait70 May 25th 2022, 8:29 am

How many of the films have ya'll seen in the theater?

I saw The Final Chapter, Jason Lives, The New Blood, Freddy v Jason, and the remake.
Soulbait70
Soulbait70
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher May 25th 2022, 2:29 pm

I saw Friday the 13th part 3 when it came out. It was raining that day, and I couldn't go swimming that day. I was the only one in the theater that day.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia May 26th 2022, 12:06 am

I saw Jason X, Freddy Vs Jason and Friday The 13th 2009 in theatres and had a blast with all of them.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

Soulbait70 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs May 26th 2022, 7:14 am

I didn't see any in theater. I was born to late. I think i was even to young to see Freddy vs Jason in theater. I could have seen the remake but never did

To expand more, I remember when I was, maybe 12?, I randomly turned on teh tv and it was Jason takes Manhattan(I didn't know) and it was the scene where Uncle Charles pushes Rennie in the lake and Jason, as a kid, grabs her. I had no idea what I was watching until a few minutes later Jason showed up and killed Charles
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees May 27th 2022, 8:11 am

Soulbait70 wrote:How many of the films have ya'll seen in the theater?

I saw The Final Chapter, Jason Lives, The New Blood, Freddy v Jason, and the remake.

I wish...Seen them all on DVD or on Television!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Darrin/Strigoi May 27th 2022, 9:31 am

in the early 1990's as a kid watching Gilbert Godfreed USA Channel up all night tv friday the 13th marathon specials.

i would sneek downstairs and watch the USA Friday the 13th marathons late at night.
Darrin/Strigoi
Darrin/Strigoi
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulbait70 May 27th 2022, 10:12 am

I was too young to see parts 1-3 in the theater and fortunate that my Dad was cool about me seeing part 4 when I was just 13. I skipped part 5 because some friends told me it sucked so I waited until it came out on VHS. Same thing happened with part 8. I was 23, married, playing in a band, and working two jobs when Jason Goes To Hell came out so I wasn't real interested in it. I was almost 32 when Jason X came out and had two kids so it wasn't a priority. I wish I had seen that one in the theater.
Soulbait70
Soulbait70
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by William Munny June 10th 2022, 5:28 am

I saw part 2 at the drive in when I was 6 years old.

Drive In: part 2, part 4, part 6, part 7, part 8

Theater: part 3, part 5

Will Munny : That's right.
William Munny
William Munny
Town Resident
Town Resident

http://www.gnrevolution.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia June 12th 2022, 6:15 am

Yeah I was too young to go see them in the theatre but I’m glad I discovered them on cable and then on video and dvd. The movies are so much fun to watch. Hopefully, we will get the eventual 13th movie sooner rather than later. It’s always awesome hearing how everyone discovered these movies. Brings back great memories for me especially when they would be on after wrestling.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher June 12th 2022, 10:26 am

I've seen Part 3, Part 6, and Jason X. And I saw them all by myself in the theater.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum