Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How is everyone liking Evil Dead The Game from Saber Interactive developers and Boss Team games,gaming companies.

Go down

How is everyone liking Evil Dead The Game from Saber Interactive developers and Boss Team games,gaming companies. Empty How is everyone liking Evil Dead The Game from Saber Interactive developers and Boss Team games,gaming companies.

Post by Darrin/Strigoi May 13th 2022, 7:27 pm

Im really liking Evil Dead The game.
i like that it has single player and online multiplayer.
The story is freaking awesome,with the Necronomicon occult story and zombies.
my only complaint s that i ordered The Deluxe version of Evil Dead The game from the playstation online store and im not seeing any extra stuff.
Darrin/Strigoi
Darrin/Strigoi
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

How is everyone liking Evil Dead The Game from Saber Interactive developers and Boss Team games,gaming companies. Empty Re: How is everyone liking Evil Dead The Game from Saber Interactive developers and Boss Team games,gaming companies.

Post by OCT 31 1978 May 13th 2022, 8:27 pm

I definitely want to pick this up it looks “groovy”
Just not sure when.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Darrin/Strigoi likes this post!

Back to top Go down

How is everyone liking Evil Dead The Game from Saber Interactive developers and Boss Team games,gaming companies. Empty Re: How is everyone liking Evil Dead The Game from Saber Interactive developers and Boss Team games,gaming companies.

Post by I'm Not a Goalie May 14th 2022, 3:39 pm

An honest early review of the game… It’s only been a day, but I’m really enjoying it so far! The game is beautiful, and I haven’t run into any major performance issues or glitches so far… Which, coming off of Friday the 13th the Game with all the connection timeout and internet performance issues, is very much appreciated. I find the combat system very satisfying… I like how the heavier melee weapons and guns feel like they have weight behind the attacks. There are only two maps thus far, but they’re both huge! I’ve been in a couple of matches already where I wasn’t sure if I was playing on the second map, or if I was just on part of the first map I hadn’t explored yet. I like that each character has separate skill trees, and experience bars. It encourages players to use differen’t characters and adjust to varying playstyles since you’re not always going to get to be the character you want. I like that you can resurrect dead teammates, so if you lose somebody early you don’t feel like you’re completely screwed… Especially since the game appears to really be emphasizing the survivors working together in order to win the match. There really isn’t much incentive to run off and do your own thing. I love that the game has cross play capabilities, so you can play with anyone who has the game on PC, PS or Xbox. I also like that you can choose between facing off against a player control Kandarian Demon, or an AI controlled one. This will help out when players eventually figure out how to team and you don’t want to deal with it, or well… If I’m being honest I think a lot of players are going to be more interested in playing as survivors than they are the demons. There’s so much going on there, and I know I personally have no interest whatsoever in playing the demons. Slaying Deadites is just a lot more fun for me personally.

I don’t know if team killing is a thing just yet… Unless I just haven’t had it happen to me yet, it doesn’t seem like you can attack another survivor with a melee weapon unless they’re possessed by the demon player. You can, however, apparently shoot other survivors… I can’t tell if I’m actually doing damage to team, or if they just complain when they get shot, but it’s a weird mechanic either way if this is indeed the case. I also had someone repeatedly try to run me over with a car last night (Yes, the trolls were already out on day 1), but it didn’t appear to do any damage to me as far as I can tell… The game can get very chaotic at times though, so paying attention to small details like these aren’t always a priority.

I did have a few criticisms and concerns about the game, a lot of which I think aren’t going to be a big deal once I get more experienced with the game.

I’m not crazy about how the chainsaw handles… Which would feel like a major oversight considering that the Chainsaw is to Evil Dead what the Machete is the Friday the 13th. I just find the bladed and heavier weapons more satisfying to use than the chainsaw at this point. That may have something to do with the fact that I’ve only had the chance to use it on the Solo Missions so far and not in multi-player.

Deadites will pop up out of nowhere, which I feel actually adds to the emersion, but they sneak up behind you far too often to a point that it gets irritating. 75% of the time I have damage done to me when I’m not being swarmed, it’s because a deadite has run up behind me and can usually get two hits in before I can orient myself in a position to fight back. I have mixed feelings about the mechanic where your survivor will automatically switch to their melee weapon if a Deadite gets in to close. It works for the most part, but if you’re using the Hunter class (the ranged class) I just as soon keep my gun equipped and blow that fucker’s face off.

I have mixed feelings on the games choice not to allow multiple players to select the same character. I like the idea that it forces you to use other characters and balance out the team better, but it can be irritating when you spent a lot of time leveling up a particular character and you can’t use them half the time. I’m also worried this decision will bite the game in the butt eventually, as I can already see selfish players leaving the lobby if they can’t get the character they want, leaving the team that’s left at a major disadvantage… (Just like Jason mains who’d leave the game anytime they didn’t draw the big guy, but with much harsher consequences.)

I do worry that since the game has heavy hack-and-slash elements, and you basically have the exact same objective every match, that the game might get too repetitive for some players, even with the large maps and so much to look at. Hopefully, future DLC and updates will solve that potential problem. Then again, a lot of people would consider Friday the 13th the Game repetitive, and in all the years I’ve been playing it I’ve never had a problem with that. No two matches ever really felt the same to me, and there’s a lot more going on in Evil Dead than there was in Friday. Friday also had multiple avenues for the counselors to win though, while there’s only one objective for the survivors to win in an Evil Dead match, and that might become a problem.

My only other concern has nothing to do with me, but how others might perceive this game. I don’t play many multiplayer online games, or Zombie survival games, so for me personally the gameplay is unique and completely new for me. For others who’ve played games like State of Decay or Left 4 Dead (don’t know how similar the gameplay is) than their experience might not be so special to them if they’re used to cooperating to fight hordes of undead monsters. The Evil Dead coat of paint might be the only appeal for some.

Overall all though, 4.5/5 for me right now.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

OCT 31 1978 and Darrin/Strigoi also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 May 14th 2022, 7:33 pm

Fantastic run down on the game from your experience so far!!

I am wanting to pick it up more and more…..I only have 3 multiplayer games in my game library( F13, DBD, and Predator. And I only really enjoyed my F13 experience as a multiplayer game over the other two.

I am really more of a solo single player game fan.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

I'm Not a Goalie and Darrin/Strigoi also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Darrin/Strigoi May 15th 2022, 12:41 am

The only thing i dont like about Evil Dead The game is where your characters fear level rises if you dont stay around other team members.
Also i get a message telling me that the servers are full of players at night on the weekend and i cant join an online multiplayer game.
Darrin/Strigoi
Darrin/Strigoi
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees May 15th 2022, 8:05 am

I'm Not a Goalie wrote:An honest early review of the game… It’s only been a day, but I’m really enjoying it so far! The game is beautiful, and I haven’t run into any major performance issues or glitches so far… Which, coming off of Friday the 13th the Game with all the connection timeout and internet performance issues, is very much appreciated. I find the combat system very satisfying… I like how the heavier melee weapons and guns feel like they have weight behind the attacks. There are only two maps thus far, but they’re both huge! I’ve been in a couple of matches already where I wasn’t sure if I was playing on the second map, or if I was just on part of the first map I hadn’t explored yet. I like that each character has separate skill trees, and experience bars. It encourages players to use differen’t characters and adjust to varying playstyles since you’re not always going to get to be the character you want. I like that you can resurrect dead teammates, so if you lose somebody early you don’t feel like you’re completely screwed… Especially since the game appears to really be emphasizing the survivors working together in order to win the match. There really isn’t much incentive to run off and do your own thing. I love that the game has cross play capabilities, so you can play with anyone who has the game on PC, PS or Xbox. I also like that you can choose between facing off against a player control Kandarian Demon, or an AI controlled one. This will help out when players eventually figure out how to team and you don’t want to deal with it, or well… If I’m being honest I think a lot of players are going to be more interested in playing as survivors than they are the demons. There’s so much going on there, and I know I personally have no interest whatsoever in playing the demons. Slaying Deadites is just a lot more fun for me personally.

I don’t know if team killing is a thing just yet… Unless I just haven’t had it happen to me yet, it doesn’t seem like you can attack another survivor with a melee weapon unless they’re possessed by the demon player. You can, however, apparently shoot other survivors… I can’t tell if I’m actually doing damage to team, or if they just complain when they get shot, but it’s a weird mechanic either way if this is indeed the case. I also had someone repeatedly try to run me over with a car last night (Yes, the trolls were already out on day 1), but it didn’t appear to do any damage to me as far as I can tell… The game can get very chaotic at times though, so paying attention to small details like these aren’t always a priority.

I did have a few criticisms and concerns about the game, a lot of which I think aren’t going to be a big deal once I get more experienced with the game.

I’m not crazy about how the chainsaw handles… Which would feel like a major oversight considering that the Chainsaw is to Evil Dead what the Machete is the Friday the 13th. I just find the bladed and heavier weapons more satisfying to use than the chainsaw at this point. That may have something to do with the fact that I’ve only had the chance to use it on the Solo Missions so far and not in multi-player.

Deadites will pop up out of nowhere, which I feel actually adds to the emersion, but they sneak up behind you far too often to a point that it gets irritating. 75% of the time I have damage done to me when I’m not being swarmed, it’s because a deadite has run up behind me and can usually get two hits in before I can orient myself in a position to fight back. I have mixed feelings about the mechanic where your survivor will automatically switch to their melee weapon if a Deadite gets in to close. It works for the most part, but if you’re using the Hunter class (the ranged class) I just as soon keep my gun equipped and blow that fucker’s face off.

I have mixed feelings on the games choice not to allow multiple players to select the same character. I like the idea that it forces you to use other characters and balance out the team better, but it can be irritating when you spent a lot of time leveling up a particular character and you can’t use them half the time. I’m also worried this decision will bite the game in the butt eventually, as I can already see selfish players leaving the lobby if they can’t get the character they want, leaving the team that’s left at a major disadvantage… (Just like Jason mains who’d leave the game anytime they didn’t draw the big guy, but with much harsher consequences.)

I do worry that since the game has heavy hack-and-slash elements, and you basically have the exact same objective every match, that the game might get too repetitive for some players, even with the large maps and so much to look at. Hopefully, future DLC and updates will solve that potential problem. Then again, a lot of people would consider Friday the 13th the Game repetitive, and in all the years I’ve been playing it I’ve never had a problem with that. No two matches ever really felt the same to me, and there’s a lot more going on in Evil Dead than there was in Friday. Friday also had multiple avenues for the counselors to win though, while there’s only one objective for the survivors to win in an Evil Dead match, and that might become a problem.

My only other concern has nothing to do with me, but how others might perceive this game. I don’t play many multiplayer online games, or Zombie survival games, so for me personally the gameplay is unique and completely new for me. For others who’ve played games like State of Decay or Left 4 Dead (don’t know how similar the gameplay is) than their experience might not be so special to them if they’re used to cooperating to fight hordes of undead monsters. The Evil Dead coat of paint might be the only appeal for some.

Overall all though, 4.5/5 for me right now.
Whoa! Thats alot but for its def a 4.9/5 its not truly at 5 until we see later DLC Packages!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Darrin/Strigoi likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Darrin/Strigoi May 21st 2022, 12:17 am

Ive earned about 5 trophies so far in Evil Dead the game.
the more i play it,the more i like it.
Darrin/Strigoi
Darrin/Strigoi
Camper
Camper

OCT 31 1978 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum