Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did anyone's deaths surprise you?

Go down

Did anyone's deaths surprise you? Empty Did anyone's deaths surprise you?

Post by jasn88cubs May 9th 2022, 7:59 am

Part 2-Paul..I know there's a debate on if he died or not, but we never saw him again so I say he died. I figured he would live

Part 4-Rob-- I honestly thought he'd be the one to kill Jason to avenge his sister's death

Part 6-Sherrif Garris--Figured he's live and admit to Tommy he was right and Sherrif Garris would make sure Jason was dead for good

jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Trekapedia likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Did anyone's deaths surprise you? Empty Re: Did anyone's deaths surprise you?

Post by SonofOdin6039 May 9th 2022, 10:12 am

Crazy Ralph. I figured he'd be a regular, warning everyone of the death curse and maybe at one point taking the blame for the murders.
SonofOdin6039
Second Class
Second Class

jasn88cubs and Trekapedia also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm Not a Goalie May 9th 2022, 11:42 am

Jenna in the Remake. She was so being setup in the guise of that final girl trope, that seeing her bite it really caught me by surprise... And judging by the shocked reactions of a packed theater, I wasn't the only one. It was the only death scene that drew more gasps from the audience than cheers. In hindsight, I probably should've seen it coming since they obviously weren't going to kill off Whitney at this point, and three survivors is a bit too much to expect, but overall it was a subversion of expectations that was done well in my opinion. It was the only real death in this franchise that ever really caught me off guard. Nobody but the various final girls, kids, and Tommy ever really had much plot armor before, not until P7 when they started allowing the love interests to survive too.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

jasn88cubs, OCT 31 1978, SonofOdin6039, ThePunisher and Trekapedia also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs May 9th 2022, 1:59 pm

I'm Not a Goalie wrote:Jenna in the Remake. She was so being setup in the guise of that final girl trope, that seeing her bite it really caught me by surprise... And judging by the shocked reactions of a packed theater, I wasn't the only one. It was the only death scene that drew more gasps from the audience than cheers. In hindsight, I probably should've seen it coming since they obviously weren't going to kill off Whitney at this point, and three survivors is a bit too much to expect, but overall it was a subversion of expectations that was done well in my opinion. It was the only real death in this franchise that ever really caught me off guard. Nobody but the various final girls, kids, and Tommy ever really had much plot armor before, not until P7 when they started allowing the love interests to survive too.

That for sure is a good one!

I was for sure shocked too
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

SonofOdin6039 and Trekapedia also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs May 9th 2022, 2:00 pm

I guess Mrs Jarvis in part 4 could be one too

jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

OCT 31 1978 and Trekapedia also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 May 9th 2022, 6:37 pm

Jenna is definitely on the top of my list she was definitely presented to us as the final girl until Whitney shows back up alive……

The runner up is Mrs. Shepherd not because I wasn’t expecting her to die but the way she’ died being held as a shield by that Dick bag Bad news Crews…..
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

jasn88cubs, I'm Not a Goalie and Trekapedia also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs May 9th 2022, 6:43 pm

OCT 31 1978 wrote:Jenna is definitely on the top of my list she was definitely presented to us as the final girl until Whitney shows back up alive……

The runner up is Mrs. Shepherd not because I wasn’t expecting her to die but the way she’ died being held as a shield by that Dick bag Bad news Crews…..

yea she crossed my mind too! and she was killed off earlier than you'd think to, if i recall
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

OCT 31 1978, I'm Not a Goalie and Trekapedia also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia May 10th 2022, 10:34 pm

Part IV Rob and Mrs. Jarvis both really surprised me. Rob I thought was gonna get revenge for his sister, Sandra from Part 2. Mrs. Jarvis was innocent and I really felt like she was gonna save Tommy and Trish.

Part VI Sheriff Garris. I know he came off as a jerk, but he was just really protective of Megan and her friends and others. Wanted him to save everyone and survive along with Tommy and Megan.

Yeah Tina’s mother that one shocked me. I was glad though that Bad News Crews got what was coming to him after that though.

The teacher in Jason Takes Manhattan. Not Rennie’s uncle, the one who gave her the pen. Wasn’t expecting that and it was kind of uneventful. She got blown up in the car because she couldn’t escape with Rennie, her uncle and her future bf. Just felt like they didn’t know what to do with the character.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

OCT 31 1978 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs May 11th 2022, 6:42 am

Trekapedia wrote:Part IV Rob and Mrs. Jarvis both really surprised me. Rob I thought was gonna get revenge for his sister, Sandra from Part 2. Mrs. Jarvis was innocent and I really felt like she was gonna save Tommy and Trish.

Part VI Sheriff Garris. I know he came off as a jerk, but he was just really protective of Megan and her friends and others. Wanted him to save everyone and survive along with Tommy and Megan.

Yeah Tina’s mother that one shocked me. I was glad though that Bad News Crews got what was coming to him after that though.

The teacher in Jason Takes Manhattan. Not Rennie’s uncle, the one who gave her the pen. Wasn’t expecting that and it was kind of uneventful. She got blown up in the car because she couldn’t escape with Rennie, her uncle and her future bf. Just felt like they didn’t know what to do with the character.

Miss Van Deusen?

Yes it was uneventful. She really didn't have a lot of lines and was mostly just reacting to everyone. NOT having her killed by Jason was a bit lame. I thik it would have been more eventfuyl if those 3 saw Jason get her
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

OCT 31 1978 and Trekapedia also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 May 11th 2022, 6:01 pm

jasn88cubs wrote:
Trekapedia wrote:Part IV Rob and Mrs. Jarvis both really surprised me. Rob I thought was gonna get revenge for his sister, Sandra from Part 2. Mrs. Jarvis was innocent and I really felt like she was gonna save Tommy and Trish.

Miss Van Deusen?

Yes it was uneventful. She really didn't have a lot of lines and was mostly just reacting to everyone. NOT having her killed by Jason was a bit lame. I thik it would have been more eventfuyl if those 3 saw Jason get her

Agreed 100% they missed a much bigger emotional story moment having her die in the car explosion……. Her making it to the sewers and being killed By Jason would have made a much larger impact.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees May 12th 2022, 2:34 am

Ofcourse Rob Diers death I didnt really expect that.

Mrs. Colleen Van Deusen was another death and as everyone else said it would be more emotional if she died later.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia May 12th 2022, 4:50 am

Agreed on Miss Van Deusen definitely. I dont know if they just ran out of time or ideas when it came to her but then to just say oh this is what happened? Felt like there was something planned but maybe the actress didn’t like the idea so they scrapped it?
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs May 12th 2022, 8:56 am

Trekapedia wrote:Agreed on Miss Van Deusen definitely. I dont know if they just ran out of time or ideas when it came to her but then to just say oh this is what happened? Felt like there was something planned but maybe the actress didn’t like the idea so they scrapped it?

Part 8 had so much material that wasn't used that never truly explained the relationships

Like the captain and his son (Sean) Their was something there between them, friction or something, and it was never explained.

Miss Van deusen and Rennie. They were close but we never really got to experience why. Why was Rennie her favorite student? Why did she give her then pen?
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia May 12th 2022, 2:21 pm

Exactly and if I remember correctly, the director or writer, maybe both, said they wanted to explain some of those things but were told no one would care so don’t bother. Just sad because in this day and age of special features for dvds and blu rays and 4K releases, that’s the kind of thing fans WANT to see! We like making our own stories and connecting our own dots, but we also want to see the real reason why these people are awkward around each other and why she loved Rennie so much.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

jasn88cubs and SonofOdin6039 also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs May 15th 2022, 10:10 am

Trekapedia wrote:Exactly and if I remember correctly, the director or writer, maybe both, said they wanted to explain some of those things but were told no one would care so don’t bother. Just sad because in this day and age of special features for dvds and blu rays and 4K releases, that’s the kind of thing fans WANT to see! We like making our own stories and connecting our own dots, but we also want to see the real reason why these people are awkward around each other and why she loved Rennie so much.

Yea honestly I never understood the part between the captain/Sean

Clearly they were intending for something extra otherwise, why point out that tehy were father/son?

Who cares??
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia May 19th 2022, 5:45 am

jasn88cubs wrote:
Trekapedia wrote:Exactly and if I remember correctly, the director or writer, maybe both, said they wanted to explain some of those things but were told no one would care so don’t bother. Just sad because in this day and age of special features for dvds and blu rays and 4K releases, that’s the kind of thing fans WANT to see! We like making our own stories and connecting our own dots, but we also want to see the real reason why these people are awkward around each other and why she loved Rennie so much.

Clearly they were intending for something extra otherwise, why point out that tehy were father/son?

Who cares??

Agreed. If they weren’t gonna anywhere with it, why not just take that whole part out instead? It’s really sad because, like I said before, that’s the kind of stuff fans want the backstory for. Yet some execs go oh no one cares just drop the storyline no one will notice. Well we noticed.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

jasn88cubs and OCT 31 1978 also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees May 19th 2022, 6:31 pm

jasn88cubs wrote:

Who cares??
I think it was suppose to build Sean with hatred towards Jason for Character Development.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulbait70 May 23rd 2022, 5:35 pm

I don't know that any death surprised me other than Alice being killed off at the beginning of part 2. Honestly expected her to be the main character again.
Soulbait70
Soulbait70
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasonvoorhees13th June 2nd 2022, 1:02 pm

Any here's mine! All of the kills in parts 1-X Freddy in FVJ where he got his head chopped off and his bladed gloved arm into his chest, also some of the remake kills did make me laugh.
Jasonvoorhees13th
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs June 3rd 2022, 5:33 pm

How many survived besides Tina in pt 7?
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees June 3rd 2022, 7:01 pm

jasn88cubs wrote:How many survived besides Tina in pt 7?
Just Tina and Nick survived the massarce.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs June 3rd 2022, 7:27 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:

been so long i cant remember
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees June 5th 2022, 7:48 am

jasn88cubs wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:

been so long i cant remember

I gotcha bro!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum