Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the next great horror franchise

Go down

the next great horror franchise Empty the next great horror franchise

Post by ThePunisher April 9th 2022, 8:19 pm

What do you think would make the next great horror franchise?
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

the next great horror franchise Empty Re: the next great horror franchise

Post by Jason Voorhees April 9th 2022, 8:36 pm

Are we talking right now or what we want to see?
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm Not a Goalie April 10th 2022, 1:47 pm

Yeah, this is a question that needs a bit more context. I wish I could pull the next great horror franchise out of my butt, lol.

The Quiet Place is clearly being setup to be a franchise, with all the money the first two films made. There's plenty of spinoff potential there, but I'm not sure how far they can take that concept before it gets old. I can't think of too many other franchises going strong right now that weren't one-off's other than the Conjuring Universe and the Halloween Relaunch. Maybe Child's Play with the reboot and recent Chucky series? The zombified corpse of Saw is still staggering around I guess, and The Purge is still trying to milk that concept, but those franchises feel like they're in the Friday the 13th P8 portion of their life cycles. Other than those, I can't think of many.

That seems to be a slight problem with modern horror. Even the good movies, especially the really unique and original ones, don't lend themselves well to becoming franchises. Maybe a sequel or two, but not decades spanning franchises like we've grown accustomed too.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

OCT 31 1978 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher April 10th 2022, 2:03 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:Are we talking right now or what we want to see?

Right now would do.
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher April 10th 2022, 2:04 pm

I'm Not a Goalie wrote:Yeah, this is a question that needs a bit more context. I wish I could pull the next great horror franchise out of my butt, lol.

The Quiet Place is clearly being setup to be a franchise, with all the money the first two films made. There's plenty of spinoff potential there, but I'm not sure how far they can take that concept before it gets old. I can't think of too many other franchises going strong right now that weren't one-off's other than the Conjuring Universe and the Halloween Relaunch. Maybe Child's Play with the reboot and recent Chucky series? The zombified corpse of Saw is still staggering around I guess, and The Purge is still trying to milk that concept, but those franchises feel like they're in the Friday the 13th P8 portion of their life cycles. Other than those, I can't think of many.

That seems to be a slight problem with modern horror. Even the good movies, especially the really unique and original ones, don't lend themselves well to becoming franchises. Maybe a sequel or two, but not decades spanning franchises like we've grown accustomed too.

Sometimes when it gets right down to it, there's only so much of a story to be told.
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

Post by Fair Play April 10th 2022, 7:42 pm

The next great horror franchise has yet to be conceptualized. For all we know, any one (of group) of us could make it.

Times have changed so much. We have newer visionaries, and a newer generation of critics.

Whatever the next big franchise may be, prefer look forward to it.
Fair Play
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Darrin/Strigoi April 19th 2022, 8:47 am

Id like to see a Horror movie that is more in time frame of the 1960's and 1970's.

A horror movie that is based on more strange occultic,psychic experiences and disturbances.

Haunted castles and graveyards,like the 1960's and 70's drive in theatre movies.

Im a big fan of James Wan and The Paranormal genre.

I Hate movies that have lots of special effects and scientific real life scenarios.

This new trend in movies and society where science is real and everything has to be based on real life scenarios is boring and depressing.

I Believe in Werewolves and vampires,ghosts and demons.
To me these strange beings are real life scenarios.
Darrin/Strigoi
Darrin/Strigoi
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees April 21st 2022, 10:35 pm

We need a Dead Silence franchise.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder