Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friday the 13th (2009) Anniversary

Go down

Friday the 13th (2009) Anniversary Empty Friday the 13th (2009) Anniversary

Post by Jason Voorhees February 13th 2022, 1:31 pm

Friday the 13th (2009) Anniversary 96c2ac10
Summary wrote:On June 13, 1980, a young Jason Voorhees watches as his mother Pamela is beheaded by a camp counselor, who was trying to escape Mrs. Voorhees's murder spree around Camp Crystal Lake. Almost thirty years later, a group of friends— including Whitney Miller —arrive for a camping trip at Crystal Lake, where they hope to find a crop of marijuana growing in the woods. That night, an adult Jason kills everyone except Whitney, whom he captures as she resembles his mother at a young age.

Wikipedia wrote:Friday the 13th was theatrically released in the United States on February 13, 2009, by New Line Cinema in North American territories and by Paramount Pictures internationally. The film received generally negative reviews from critics, who felt that it did not add anything new to the franchise. The film would go on to gross $92.7 million at the box office on a budget of $19 million, becoming the second-highest-grossing film in the franchise after Freddy vs. Jason.

Writers & Directors

Friday the 13th is a 2009 American slasher film.

Directed by Marcus Nispel

Written by Damian Shannon and Mark Swift from a screen story by Shannon, Swift and Mark Wheaton.

The Cast

  • Jared Padalecki as Clay Miller
  • Danielle Panabaker as Jenna
  • Amanda Righetti as Whitney Miller
  • Travis Van Winkle as Trent
  • Aaron Yoo as Chewie
  • Derek Mears as Jason Voorhees
  • Caleb Guss as Young Jason Voorhees
  • Jonathan Sadowski as Wade
  • Julianna Guill as Bree
  • Ben Feldman as Richie
  • Arlen Escarpeta as Lawrence
  • Ryan Hansen as Nolan
  • Willa Ford as Chelsea
  • Nick Mennell as Mike
  • America Olivo as Amanda
  • Kyle Davis as Donnie
  • Richard Burgi as Sheriff Bracke
  • Nana Visitor as Pamela Voorhees
  • Kathleen Garrett as voice of Pamela Voorhees
  • Stephanie Rhodes as Camp Counselor

13th Anniversary

That is right! From Feburary 13th 2009 til today of Feburary 13th 2022 marks this the 13th Anniversary for this remake! Lets hear how you all feel about this remake!! Reboot Jason
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Age : 76
Gender : Male
Posts : 1265
Join Date : 2017-06-24
Location : Camp Crystal Lake

View user profile https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Friday the 13th (2009) Anniversary Empty Re: Friday the 13th (2009) Anniversary

Post by OCT 31 1978 February 13th 2022, 5:04 pm

I actually really enjoyed the remake, I know one of the biggest issues People have with the movie is Jason abducting Whitney and not killing her but I really had no issues with this story line Jason was brutal the kills were awesome it really has everything in it that made the first 4 Friday films so great !!!

4 stars Like a Star @ heaven From me.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
Second Class
Second Class

Gender : Male
Posts : 468
Join Date : 2020-11-03

View user profile

ThePunisher likes this post

Back to top Go down

Friday the 13th (2009) Anniversary Empty Re: Friday the 13th (2009) Anniversary

Post by Jason Voorhees February 13th 2022, 5:46 pm

OCT 31 1978 wrote:I actually really enjoyed the remake, I know one of the biggest issues People have with the movie is Jason abducting Whitney and not killing her but I really had no issues with this story line Jason was brutal the kills were awesome it really has everything in it that made the first 4 Friday films so great !!!

4 stars Like a Star @ heaven From me.

The fanbase is an odd one at the very least to state, I've seen some real petty or illogical reasons to not like a film or actor.

The Friday the 13th Reboot wasnt in my opinion bad, it was something new and enjoyable and it took amazing premise from Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3 all into one film. (Some say Part 4 but I dont see it.)

I think by far it gets a 5/5 Stars from me. Friday the 13th (2009) Anniversary 1f3c6

Its this generation of Jason and thats cool.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Age : 76
Gender : Male
Posts : 1265
Join Date : 2017-06-24
Location : Camp Crystal Lake

View user profile https://www.friday-the-13th.net

OCT 31 1978 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Friday the 13th (2009) Anniversary Empty Re: Friday the 13th (2009) Anniversary

Post by jasn88cubs February 14th 2022, 6:31 pm

so more time has passed between this movie and now than since Friday the 13th to Jason Goes to Hell

Scary
avatar
jasn88cubs
Second Class
Second Class

Posts : 312
Join Date : 2020-08-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Friday the 13th (2009) Anniversary Empty Re: Friday the 13th (2009) Anniversary

Post by OCT 31 1978 February 15th 2022, 6:07 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:
OCT 31 1978 wrote:I actually really enjoyed the remake, I know one of the biggest issues People have with the movie is Jason abducting Whitney and not killing her but I really had no issues with this story line Jason was brutal the kills were awesome it really has everything in it that made the first 4 Friday films so great !!!

4 stars Like a Star @ heaven From me.

The fanbase is an odd one at the very least to state, I've seen some real petty or illogical reasons to not like a film or actor.

The Friday the 13th Reboot wasnt in my opinion bad, it was something new and enjoyable and it took amazing premise from Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3 all into one film. (Some say Part 4 but I dont see it.)

I think by far it gets a 5/5 Stars from me. Friday the 13th (2009) Anniversary 1f3c6

Its this generation of Jason and thats cool.

Well said!!
The Reboot uses several elements from the classic films that’s why I enjoyed it so much as for the References to Final Chapter…..
A brother, Clay, losing his sister to Jason, goes to Crystal Lake in search very similarly to Rob from (Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter.) ……also Friends arrive at a summer house to party a reference to both (Friday The 13th Part 3 and Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter).

This could be a reference to both (Friday the 13th part 2 and Final Chapter.) the scene at the end of the reboot when Jason smashes thru the window to grab Clay looks very reminiscent to when Jason smashed thru the window in the Jarvis house and grabbed young Tommy.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
Second Class
Second Class

Gender : Male
Posts : 468
Join Date : 2020-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Friday the 13th (2009) Anniversary Empty Re: Friday the 13th (2009) Anniversary

Post by ThePunisher February 16th 2022, 10:30 am

jasn88cubs wrote:so more time has passed between this movie and now than since Friday the 13th to Jason Goes to Hell

Scary

Can we thank the lawsuit for this?
avatar
ThePunisher
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Age : 54
Gender : Male
Posts : 177
Join Date : 2021-06-06
Location : Camp Crystal Lake

View user profile

jasn88cubs likes this post

Back to top Go down

Friday the 13th (2009) Anniversary Empty Re: Friday the 13th (2009) Anniversary

Post by Jason Voorhees February 16th 2022, 8:38 pm

OCT 31 1978 wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:
OCT 31 1978 wrote:I actually really enjoyed the remake, I know one of the biggest issues People have with the movie is Jason abducting Whitney and not killing her but I really had no issues with this story line Jason was brutal the kills were awesome it really has everything in it that made the first 4 Friday films so great !!!

4 stars Like a Star @ heaven From me.

The fanbase is an odd one at the very least to state, I've seen some real petty or illogical reasons to not like a film or actor.

The Friday the 13th Reboot wasnt in my opinion bad, it was something new and enjoyable and it took amazing premise from Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3 all into one film. (Some say Part 4 but I dont see it.)

I think by far it gets a 5/5 Stars from me. Friday the 13th (2009) Anniversary 1f3c6

Its this generation of Jason and thats cool.

Well said!!
The Reboot uses several elements from the classic films that’s why I enjoyed it so much as for the References to Final Chapter…..
A brother, Clay, losing his sister to Jason, goes to Crystal Lake in search very similarly to Rob from (Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter.) ……also Friends arrive at a summer house to party a reference to both (Friday The 13th Part 3 and Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter).

This could be a reference to both (Friday the 13th part 2 and Final Chapter.) the scene at the end of the reboot when Jason smashes thru the window to grab Clay looks very reminiscent to when Jason smashed thru the window in the Jarvis house and grabbed young Tommy.
Hmmm Ok I see what you mean!

The Brother looking for Sister could definitely be seen as Rob looking for Sandra.

The Window scene and then the end scene.

I guess its all references than direct homages? Since they couldnt use Tommy Jarvis for obvious right issues.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Age : 76
Gender : Male
Posts : 1265
Join Date : 2017-06-24
Location : Camp Crystal Lake

View user profile https://www.friday-the-13th.net

OCT 31 1978 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum