Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Strangers

Go down

The Strangers Empty The Strangers

Post by ThePunisher February 7th 2022, 2:05 pm

How did you like this movie and the sequel? I enjoyed the first movie, but disliked the ending. I enjoyed the second movie. My favorite scene was the pool chase scene with the Air Supply song playing.

Tell me YOUR thoughts? How did Kinsey and Luke do after the second movie?
ThePunisher
ThePunisher
Outdoorsmen
Outdoorsmen

Back to top Go down

The Strangers Empty Re: The Strangers

Post by OCT 31 1978 February 7th 2022, 5:26 pm

I have seen both, I remember liking the first one but hating the ending as well.
I like the second because a few or both strangers die?? Can’t remember I will have to watch it again.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees March 3rd 2022, 8:54 pm

The Strangers: It was an alright film, it was a slow-paced film which was meant to help build up the suspense, it wasn't like a Slasher film it felt more like a Thriller, It had a great quality in terms of the killers but the lack of Bodies could be overlook, I prefer them being unknown in motives because its better for a film with multiple killers, the ending wasn't what I expected because I thought it would be a "Everyone is dead, no one knows who the killers were." but it wasn't and it left more for a sequel but again like usual companies drop it.

The Strangers 2: Prey at Night: Now, this is a Slasher film sequel, the Trio killers are back and have more activity in this film than the previous, the fast-paced scenes is what makes this something worth seeing for me because Meeting and chatting with Damian Maffei only after seeing the film months after and seeing him at Mad Monster Party who played the Man in the Mask, I can surely say the sequel is definitely better than the first film, in alot of ways, the pratical effects, the build-up for the kills, the overall portrayal of each Killer which are new actors, is something we are use to and it fits them, each one had their own showings of physical development, and seeing that some get killed is also new in films where the killer becomes the victim, and seeing The Man in the Mask become such a versatile killer who feels anger for the death of his co-workers is quite a development.

Original Film: 7.5/10 for me

Sequel Film: 8.9/10 for me
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by SonofOdin6039 March 7th 2022, 11:59 am

I thought the first one did an excellent job because it relied more on atmosphere and suspense rather than actual body count. The part where she opened her drapes and came face to face face with the Man in the Mask was epic to me. The killers were smart enough to let Scott Speedman kill his best friend by accident and waste a shotshell and the fact that you never really got a good look at their faces was a great touch. Strangers 2: Prey at Night was a good continuation of the Trio Killers, and the setting in a deserted community made a creepy environment. I give them both an 7 out of 10
SonofOdin6039
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees March 9th 2022, 6:04 am

SonofOdin6039 wrote:I thought the first one did an excellent job because it relied more on atmosphere and suspense rather than actual body count. The part where she opened her drapes and came face to face face with the Man in the Mask was epic to me. The killers were smart enough to let Scott Speedman kill his best friend by accident and waste a shotshell and the fact that you never really got a good look at their faces was a great touch. Strangers 2: Prey at Night was a good continuation of the Trio Killers, and the setting in a deserted community made a creepy environment. I give them both an 7 out of 10
Not a bad rating! The Strangers 270a
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum