Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scream

Go down

Scream Empty Scream

Post by ThePunisher January 15th 2022, 9:08 pm

Have you seen the new Scream movie? What's your opinion of it? What do you think of the franchise as a whole?
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Scream Empty Re: Scream

Post by OCT 31 1978 January 15th 2022, 10:49 pm

ThePunisher wrote:Have you seen the new Scream movie?  What's your opinion of it?  What do you think of the franchise as a whole?

I haven’t seen the new movie yet but my favorite films in the series are:
Scream
And
Scream 4

I actually didn’t care for 3 at all….and 2 was pretty good.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs January 24th 2022, 6:26 am

Saw new one yesterday

I liked it but they could have cut off 20 minutes. 2 hrs for a horror film is to loong

I rank em

jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by SonofOdin6039 January 24th 2022, 5:16 pm

I just saw it and it was, eh, okay. Definitely wasn't the best of the Scream franchise but watchable. I had the killer(s) totally wrong
SonofOdin6039
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees January 28th 2022, 3:35 pm

I havent watched the new movie but I will soon.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm Not a Goalie April 4th 2022, 10:29 pm

I finally saw the new Scream a couple of weeks ago, and boy do I have things to say about this one... While I enjoyed the original for what it was, it was the type of movie I never felt needed any sequels... The point was made, but money talks... Of course I've watched them all, but never could get invested in the rest of the series. It's like that joke in the Honest Trailer, how many times can you deconstruct a genre that was never all that complex to begin with? It's ironic that the movie created to deconstruct the Slasher Genre, created it's own short-lived sub-genre of 'Teen Scream' Scream clones. Originally, I didn't have much interest for this installment, especially after some of the things I heard about it, but I prefer to see for myself and form my own opinions.

Overall, I enjoyed the movie a lot more than I expected I would. It was the first time I've actually gotten invested in a Scream movie since the original.

There were a couple things I didn't like for starters... Like the totally unsubtle fan-blaming session where, to me at least, they were ripping fans who love these films and don't like the unnecessary changes being made to 'fix' these franchises to cater to the sensibility's of modern audiences. Maybe I was reading too much into it, but it's that much of a trigger subject for me. Fan shaming is the main reason I tend to skip a lot of modern films, I'm just tired of being told I'm a horrible person for liking or disliking a particular movie or TV show. I also wasn't too thrilled about the killer reveal... One I saw coming a mile away, and the other was so far out of left field that I couldn't care about it. I literally forget that character even existed since they were so irrelevant to the story up until that point. Ironically, I did enjoy their reasoning for being the killer despite my previous point, but I can't really explain without getting into spoiler territory.

Despite my complaints about the fan-blaming, I did get a kick out of what I perceived as a friendly backhanded swipe at Halloween (2018) for bringing back legacy characters and forcing other franchises to feel like they had to do the same to drum up fan interest. Kind of makes me wonder if they called the Movie 'Scream' for the same reason. The original was kind of known of doing crap like that. I also liked when the Wes character was killed, they threw the farewell party with the 'For Wes' banner hanging prominently. Very classy move to honor the franchises legendary creator.

*Spoiler alert Below*

I do have to spoil this part, but I think we all saw this coming anyway. I was surprised/not surprised to see the film 'reverse fridge' Dewey. Kudos though for having the balls to do something most fans didn't want to see.

Overall I give it a 3.5/5... Probably my second favorite in the franchise, though that can be a case of the film coming out at the right time for me personally.

I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

OCT 31 1978 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees April 5th 2022, 4:46 am

I have not seen it! I would love to in the future tho!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs April 10th 2022, 3:30 pm

I need to buy the DVD. I have them all except this one
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Fair Play April 10th 2022, 7:33 pm

The movie was pretty decent.

Scream 6 apparently has a script already. It's supposed to start filming in June.

Have any of you watched the series?
Fair Play
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs April 11th 2022, 9:27 am

Fair Play wrote:The movie was pretty decent.

Scream 6 apparently has a script already. It's supposed to start filming in June.

I think I watched a few episodes but don't recall much
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 April 11th 2022, 10:41 pm

Fair Play wrote:The movie was pretty decent.

I watched the series…..all the seasons and I would say the 3rd season was the better of the 3 however neither really met the expectations I had for a Scream series to be honest.
The first two didn’t feel right at all with the hokey mask and strange history story line that didn’t really fit the Scream “formula.” I almost feel it could have been better if it wasn’t called Scream at all.

The 3rd season feels more like Scream “who dun it?” especially with the return of the GhostFace costume…..but still dragged quite a bit in places and I remember not enjoying the motivation of the killer during the reveal at the end of the show…..
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

I'm Not a Goalie likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Fair Play April 20th 2022, 5:29 pm

OCT 31 1978 wrote:I watched the series…..all the season and I would say the 3rd season was the better of the 3 however neither really met the expectations I had for a Scream series to be honest.
The first two didn’t feel right at all with the hokey mask and strange history story line that didn’t really fit the Scream “formula.” I almost feel it could have been better if it wasn’t called Scream at all.

The 3rd season feels more like Scream “who dun it?” especially with the return of the GhostFace costume…..but still dragged quite a bit in places and I remember not enjoying the motivation of the killer during the reveal at the end of the show…..

I enjoyed Season 3 over the other two.

We need a new whodunit franchise.
Fair Play
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

ThePunisher likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees April 21st 2022, 10:35 pm

The MTV Scream series was just very different for me ya know?
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulbait70 May 24th 2022, 11:41 am

Just re-watched the entire franchise.

1. Scream 2
2. Scream (1996)
3. Scream (2022)
4. Scream 4
5. Scream 3

I really liked the first season of the TV show but didn't care for the next two.
Soulbait70
Soulbait70
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum